Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
R & J Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I like your initiative travelqueen but unfortunately I am taking the MCAT April 16th so coming a few days earlier might be a problem. I'm already getting on a plane as soon as I can afterwards and am looking forward to that Margarita on the beach! Sorry I'll miss you.

JFabes- great that you'll be there. Is it your first time?

Thanks for the advice ke- are the clubs only open on the weekends? I'm not picky between the bars or clubs (especially since I have never been there) so as long as people are out every night I'll be happy.

Also- any advice on a dive trip. I'm debating between the Blue Hole or just a local trip (which would leave beach time) for the day before my friend arrives. From what I have heard the Blue Hole is quite a trip...so is it really a MUST SEE?

Simon B- As long as you used to be in your 20's! no age discrimination from me!

R & J - yes this will be my first time to AC. As far as diving the blue hole others have expressed their opinions that it is a dive for the more experienced diver and that the dive really isnt all that exciting, just a really deep dive. I have decided that this trip I will skip the blue hole dive and just do a few more local dives.

R
R & J Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thank you for the info jfabes. It does sound like it is really far for what it is but the intensity of it is what is drawing me to it. I've been certified for awhile but I am leaning towards your plan and just might stick with the local dives. I'll have to see if my curiousity gets the best of me.

It's not intense, it's just deep. And it's a full day, by the time you're done--5:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Two other dives that day and, if you're with Amigos, lunch and an hour or so to tour the Red-footed Booby Bird Sanctuary after a pretty durn good meal on the island at Half Moon Caye. The other two dives are worth the trip, even if you choose to skip the deep dive at the BH. Many do. The snorkeling, according to the part of my crew who've done it at the BH, is wonderful.

But don't push it. There are lots of good dives just barely offshore that will leave you with plenty of beach (let's say "surface", just for kicks wink )time on the island. The dive operators will take great care of you and let you maximize your time.

Trust us all, you'll love it.

* I Go Pogo *
R&J & jfabes (not to discriminate the non 20's smile ), where are you staying?

Cat Mo, I heard it's about 2 hours travel time out to BH. Is this so? I'm still deciding whether or not to go esp. since we will have little time on the island... but I'm sure I'll be back for round 4! smile

Two hours out on a really good day. Normally 2.5 or 3, actually...plus getting from your dock to theirs and back. The 12 hours I noted earlier is pretty standard.

* I Go Pogo *
travelqueen I will be staying at bananna beach 13th - 23rd

Very cool! We'll be staying closer in than that (possibly Spindrift), but will run into you at Fido's I'm sure. Also, and I'll probably start a new post, I hear there's a new club south of town, closer to you. Thinking of checking it out...

R
R & J Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Travelqueen- I'm at Ramons 18-25th. Not sure where that is in relation to Banana Beach and Spindrift. Sounds like Fido's is the place to be!

Thank you for the Blue Hole info catatonic motivator. It sounds like a great trip but I may save it for another time. The 3 hour trip sounds rough at 5 am! I think I'll check out the local dives and get in some extra "surface" time!

travelqueen, what is the new club? I was just in town in Feb. Is it really new??!!! Too bad we hadn't been chatting in Feb, we just missed each other!!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 183 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.