AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: jbeha A Review - 11/29/05 08:23 PM
We just got back from Belize from our honeymoon and I would like to thank everyone for all the info on these boards as it helped out plenty.

We stayed at the Blue Tang Inn and the office guy there, Allen, was a great help on everything. We enjoyed room #11 very much until a slight problem occurred and we had to be moved to #15 and then #14, which was no problem to us. They have since fixed the problem. We actually liked 11 better even though 15 is their master suite. It is bigger and more secluded.

Our first trip we took was manatees and goff caye. It was with searious and they did a great job. We saw 5 manatees, some dolphins and the snorkeling was good. The beach lunch was bbq chicken and a pasta that was very good.

The second trip was with tuff e'nuff and was cave tubing and the zoo. Our guides Rico Black and George ? were very knowledgable and entertaining. They did have a problem with the owner taking the boat when we needed to head back, but after an hour we were able to get back to Ambergris. Rico even stopped and took pictures of everyone in front of the sunset.

The third trip was supposed to be the blue hole for snorkeling but all the companies cancelled on us. We spent some time with Allen and finally decided on 2 1/2 day trips. One to mexico rocks and the other to shark alley. Our guide was C(K)live from Hustler tours and was very good. He showed us many things and let us take our time at the locations. His daughter came with us for the afternoon trip and she was a great addition. Either of these are a cheap snorkel trip that does not take up the whole day. We actually stuffed BC's bbq in the middle which is not recommended if you order the meat combo for yourself. Ugh!

We ate at several places and did not have a complaint at one. and yes, papi's is awesome if you can find it. The map we received has it before the high school when it is after.

A couple of the other places we ate: Blue Water Grill, Ambergris Delight, Caliente's, and Fido's.

Overall a very good time and will probably do it again sometime down the road.
Posted By: SimonB Re: A Review - 11/29/05 08:36 PM
Yet another success story, glad to hear you had a great time!
Posted By: Kristykins Re: A Review - 11/29/05 08:53 PM
what is the Mexico Rocks tour??
glad you had a great time!!!
Posted By: jbeha Re: A Review - 11/29/05 08:58 PM
Mexico Rocks in up near the north end and has a scattering of coral. You also do a part of the reef, but I can't remember what it is called. I wasn't expecting much, but saw a nurse shark tucked away in some coral and also a barracuda so it made my day.
Clive dropped us off at one end and we met him at the other end. Not much danger since the water is 4 foot deep.
Posted By: Kristykins Re: A Review - 11/29/05 08:59 PM
Sounds fun. Maybe I'll do that while we're there next week smile
Posted By: jbeha Re: A Review - 11/29/05 09:06 PM
Another side story is that a helpful person the plane ride over said the island is great, just be careful if you go west of pescador st. as you will be approached if you want any drugs. We thought this was a farfetched, but around noon in our hunt for papi's walked west of pescador. About 10 feet off of pescador I was asked if I needed any shrooms or ectasy. I declined and we moved on.

Might have been just a coincidence, but it was some good timing.
Posted By: Jodi Re: A Review - 11/30/05 01:49 AM
My husband just returned from AC last weekend. We too stayed at the Blue Tang. Allen is wonderful isn't he! Such a fun kid... and ALWAYS willing to help you out whatever you need.

We also took the caving tour with George. He looked out for my husband and I (we're not very outdoorsy folks).

Went to Shark Ray Alley with Hustler tours as well. Our guide caught a nurse shark and a sting ray so that we could "pet" it. So cool!

Missed the other tours. Sounds like fun! Glad you too had a fabulous time!
Posted By: J DOG Re: A Review - 11/30/05 11:27 AM
Sounds like you had a great trip, I haved stayed at the Blue Tang the past 3yrs, going back in 2 months with 4 first timers & of course staying at the Blue Tang.
Posted By: SimonB Re: A Review - 11/30/05 01:59 PM
That west of Pescador comment only applies to 2 areas and you walked into one of them, neither are unsafe but people will look at you funny as they don't expect tourists in the residential areas.
Posted By: jbeha Re: A Review - 11/30/05 03:11 PM
Yep, never thought it was unsafe, just funny how the advisory met up with real life pretty closely.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board