AmbergrisCaye.com Home
What can you say, we never take home bad trip memories. Well it has happened but we forget about them soon.

Met capt jeff and had loads of fun
Met mobunny and irm - had lots of fun with them & irms new name is irmacuda by the way. Also mobunny is not really a bunny.
Met gela the night before we left. She can flash her fancy texas never circulated quarters now.
Met laurie mar the night before we left. Wish we could have visited longer.
Met steve demaio and his precious puppy coco, did you see the paws on her!

We stayed at caribe island. What a great place. We were never in need of a thing. That makes a trip. Everything was at our doorstep. Staff was great to us. Our room was complete with everything you would ever need. Great bar and bartender - albert. GREAT CHEF and all around nice guy - chap. Most of all thanks Vicki and butch! Oh and dee o gee for just being cute.

Enjoyed the heck out of bc's on several days; good bbq, burritos, nachos, and most of all people. We had a good game of late night "name that tune" when classic rock was on the satellite radio.

Palapa bar was soothing as ever. Watched 2 big barracudas hang out under the pier and the floresent glow fish swim around (calling all marine biologists out there). That is probably the last time I will use soothing and barracudas in the same paragraph.

As you can see by the pix, I kicked butt fishing with capt jeff and david. Poor guys couldn't catch a cold out there that day. HA! Ask bicho! That's my story and I am sticking to it.
We also fished another day and just ask me WHO CAUGHT THE BIGGEST FISH! GO AHEAD JUST ASK ME!!!

Marie at stained glass pub cooked up our catch. What a delight. We ate like the ancient romans. We loved her cooking so much we went back again. Gotta give it a try. We hear she makes the best burgers on the island but we didn't have time to try them this trip. I can't eat a burger if it is lobster season.

Had the best dirty bananna at Capricorns. I encourage everyone to try one. Never ate there, but I do have one complaint. Ok ok get ready to dagger me - they do not have paper towels to dry your hands in the ladies room. They have a cloth hand tile that everyone uses. Ok that is my only complaint. I know very petty.

Had the best lobster dinner al a chap at caribe island resort. Wonderful dining right over the sea.
I recommend the jalisco chicken from calientes.
Enjoyed the grilled chicken salad & sandwich at elvi's.
Had a very good pizza from paulys.
Had wonderful tuna salad and ceasar salad from sweet basils.

As usual all snorkel stops were great. Swimming with the fishes is my favorite thing to do. Still trying to find nemo.
Hmmm everything sounded great... well except for the "dirty bananas" I prefer my fruit washed well and then dried off with the dish towel from my range door handle. eek
Hey Gay!

Great meeting you! Didya forget me already?
no, i did not beth. so sorry. i am back to work again so i developed head-up-butt disease instantly. they are really making me pay for that time off.

addendum no. 1 to trip report

met ri beth and miss irish. that was another day at bc's. actually i am composing an email for ya beth. i was never so happy to get your help. pls keep helping. watch for mail soon.

actually boarders, beth and david were caught dancing at hammock house late one night when i went to bed!!!!!!! hope it wasn't punta!!!!
OUCH!
THE CLOTH TOWEL DAGGER!
well gay excuse me , lets set the story right .yes you caught more fish then me and david yes the big fish ,hooked a hook a monster tarpon ,yes ,yes yes ,but who I ask you who had more food at lunch me or you .ha ha ha ,there .. and the reason you caught a lot more fish then me and whats his name oh yes david ,was that capt bicho put special bait on your hooks ..you where winking at him all the time .. but all kidding aside you guys are a great fun couple a joy to be with and can not wait till we can share good times together with the whole group again ...it was living the dream to the max.. and boy did we have good fun .. ....
Darn jeff, i wish you could have seen the HUUUUUUGE snapper that i caught a couple days later. again it put davids little minnows to shame.
did i mention that it was HUUUUUUGE!!!
I'm paying for it at work too. Especially since I sent an e-mail the day before I was to come home - telling them that I wasn't coming home!

Ms Irish & I are doing our photo gallery/trip report tonight. Wish we'd gotten a picture with you and David.

Beth
Gay wrote, "also fished another day and just ask me WHO CAUGHT THE BIGGEST FISH! GO AHEAD JUST ASK ME!!!"

OK, I will, who caught the biggest fish?
Be honest...
as marlin on nemo said
"it's me"
Hi Gay - sure was nice meeting you and David. Next time we should visit more ok?
Gay, I believe you. Especially, after I heard you had to bait David's hook for him.
Gay nice reporting, glad you got to meet face to face so many of our wonderful Boarders. Fish on Gay, blister and all.
chole the blister on her finger was not from fishing ..it was a belikin beer bottle burn .example when you hold a beer in your hand all day and night in one of those kinky cold beer holders you know the type ,any way it can produce a blister .a proven fact ask pedro 1 .???he use to be a womens doctor ????? so he told me >>>and has done report on just this subject ,<<<<<<and is a expert ..
Oh my goodness, Capt Jeff believes Pedro1 about being a woman doctor eek

Well, he does do breast exams....we've seen em here and there.

Or, maybe he was just a "woman" doctor. Now a man doctor laugh
ny gal are you saying pedro1 not a doctor ???? the nerve of him telling me he was a expert and could cure all women problems ..or did he say he caused all women problems ..I get so mixed up when I talk to him,as he speaks so proper english .
Gay: It was nice to meet you too, although we only talked for a minute! I had been at BCs, then the Hammock House - carrying on all day long!
Don't think I even got a chance to meet your husband.

I understand you guys were staying in #17 at Caribe right before me. I absolutely loved it there for my week - had the entire second floor balcony to myself.
so YOU took my room. drat the luck.
i had to go sleep with paisano in unattended boats for three more nights. the good news is that the itching has finally stopped.

well well well, my big fat fishing blister has healed. i treated it myself. peter is "the love doctor"
Gay and David, Irm and I had such a great time with you guys. I haven't had a chance to get a trip report and pics up yet. Things have been kinda crazy since we got home. Sandi was hospitalized last friday night with what they think is West Nile virus. Apparently she wasn't kidding when she said she wasn't feeling well. It is amazing to me that she lasted all day on our snorkle trip up north with Bicho. Looks like she contracted it before she even got to SP - she said she wasn't well when she got off the plane. Over the weekend things were pretty scary but she is doing better now. More later. Hope you guys are well. Glad to hear that enormous blister is healed up! mobunny
wow, i cannot believe it! tell sandi we are thinking good thoughts for her. i didn't think you had skeeters in your part of the world. i have never known anyone to contract wnv and i live in the skeeter capital of the world. my house could be a malaria test site. she was a lil green looking that day on the boat. she hung in there like a trooper. keep us informed. hi to irmacuda.
I just went to visit Sandi (she is right down the hall from my office) and she is sleeping peacefully. I'll keep you posted. It's crazy - we have had 7 new cases of WNV in the past couple of weeks here. I'll let the Irmacuda know you guys say hi and I'll pass your good thoughts along to Miz Sandi. 4 days and crying since my last visit to SP... mobunny frown
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board