AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Marty Latest bridge pics - 02/05/06 04:40 PM
Thanks a bunch Harriet!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Kra-Z-K Re: Latest bridge pics - 02/05/06 04:46 PM
great pictures. Thank you! It was a little sad and a little exciting driving under the bridge 3 nights ago on the boat.
Posted By: Sun&sand Re: Latest bridge pics - 02/05/06 05:24 PM
Great pictures. It's coming along, but still looks a long way from being finished. Any idea of completion date??? I agree, it's sad, KraZK, like losing an old friend to see the pull ferry go. Sometimes progress is bittersweet.
Posted By: Kra-Z-K Re: Latest bridge pics - 02/05/06 06:49 PM
it was slightly sad when I was driving under the bridge, I actually just had that feeling in my heart, or perhaps that feeling in your stomach. But also very exciting as well. "Bittersweet" was a good was to describe it. I think it will be amazing in 10 yrs to look back at how SP was when I moved here.
Posted By: Sun&sand Re: Latest bridge pics - 02/05/06 07:08 PM
KraZK, when did you move to SP? Any regrets?
Posted By: Kra-Z-K Re: Latest bridge pics - 02/06/06 03:29 AM
lol, no. Not for a second. How can one regret any moves they make? (especially to a paradise where one can live stress free.) Life is an adventure and learning experience to me. Everyone back home was surprised I was making this move alone but if I didn't like it I could have always gone right back. No move has to be permanent if you are not happy where you go is how I looked at it before coming. Oh, and 7 months exactly tomorrow.
Posted By: Sun&sand Re: Latest bridge pics - 02/06/06 12:40 PM
I'm so jealous. We are considering making the move, but have sooo much stuff here in the states to take care of. Retirement sounds tempting, but it's scary. I would do it in a heartbeat, but the other half isn't as daring as I am. I agree. Nothing in life is permanent, so take the plunge and see what happens. I'm very happy for you, and hope you never have to give up living the dream.
Posted By: Kra-Z-K Re: Latest bridge pics - 02/06/06 05:11 PM
I tell everyone the same thing who says they are jealous...you have nothing to be jealous of. If you really want to do it, you will figure out a way to. My best advice would be to "not listen to anything anyone you know's opinions on your dream." Thank you for your last sentence. If you are serious about moving, even if it is part time feel free to PM me if you'd like more info.
K
Posted By: Sun&sand Re: Latest bridge pics - 02/06/06 05:34 PM
Thanks, KraZK. We will be in San Pedro tomorrow afternoon, and will stay for three weeks. I'm hoping I can meet up with some of the boarders during the stay. I am going to consider it a fact finding mission, so questions will be flying. I may PM you once I get there, and perhaps we can hook up. Thanks for the encouragement.
Posted By: Kra-Z-K Re: Latest bridge pics - 02/06/06 05:42 PM
Great! I am glad you will be here tomorrow. In 3 weeks I am sure we will run into one another. If you see a female, brown hair, with a yellow dog you've found me smile
Posted By: Sun&sand Re: Latest bridge pics - 02/06/06 05:58 PM
Great...we love dogs...have four, so am drawn to the fourlegged kids in order to get our "puppy fix". We also have a yellow lab, Katie, who is just a sweetheart. She would love San Pedro, I'm sure. I'll look for you. I'll likely have on a knee brace, or at least walk with a limp, blonde hair, short, both body and hair. LOL....reading this over...soooo attractive! Ugh...anyhow, will be sure to look for you.
Posted By: Kra-Z-K Re: Latest bridge pics - 02/06/06 06:00 PM
Yep, you were ment to move to SP, lol...Karmin(who half yellow lab) and Katie would make great friends. So if not for yourself, make the move for Karmina and Katie!!
Posted By: Marty Re: Latest bridge pics - 02/09/06 09:12 PM
here's some new pics of the ferry
the way it looked YESTERDAY....
:>

Here are some pics of the ferry taken in 1991.
Thanks to Roger Kelley for sending them....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Marty Re: Latest bridge pics - 02/09/06 11:22 PM
from a friend....

that thing was scary! very tippy and top heavy. wanted to turn turtle...
later there was one made of a block of styrofoam that slowly crumbled and disappeared while in service.
Posted By: klcman Re: Latest bridge pics - 02/09/06 11:25 PM
I rememebr that one ( not the styro)...hold your breath and don't move until ya reach the other side.
Posted By: deacon+ Re: Latest bridge pics - 02/09/06 11:33 PM
After seeing this pic as well as others is this the standard golfcart? I read that the carts on the isle had lift kits and baloon tires because of the rain and potholes. What's up?
Posted By: klcman Re: Latest bridge pics - 02/09/06 11:38 PM
some do deac, not all.
Posted By: deacon+ Re: Latest bridge pics - 02/09/06 11:42 PM
Cool, I Will miss my 4X when I move. Guess a golfcart will do? Thankyou Kic
Posted By: renski Re: Latest bridge pics - 02/10/06 12:13 AM
just curious.. in order to move to Belize do you not have to proof that you will have a steady income of approx 2,000 us a month.??
Posted By: klcman Re: Latest bridge pics - 02/10/06 12:22 AM
not if you are in under a tourist visa and renew as needed (or leave temporarily) - at least that's my understanding.

And that fits in with the bridge how? laugh
Posted By: ScubaLdy Re: Latest bridge pics - 02/10/06 04:18 AM
WOW

Marty - I just sent you today's picture of the bridge.
For those of you who have not seen it a section on each side will be guarded off for one way traffic of pedestrians and bicycles.
It looks like they are going to put pavers (what they here call cobble stones) on the approach. It looks like the section over the water is metal grids so the rain will run through.
They are moving at lightening speed. Do you think it has anything to do with the upcoming election? :-;
Posted By: Marty Re: Latest bridge pics - 02/10/06 05:50 AM
those old pics are 1991 golfcarts deacon....

here's todays picture from Harriet, thanks!!!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: SimonB Re: Latest bridge pics - 02/10/06 03:35 PM
Deacon, this is the type you'll most commonly see these days.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ScubaLdy Re: Latest bridge pics - 02/10/06 08:15 PM
That looks too clean to be a recent picture> LOL
Posted By: SimonB Re: Latest bridge pics - 02/10/06 08:30 PM
Too true! Actually it was only a couple of weeks old when I shot that. 18 months later...
Posted By: deacon+ Re: Latest bridge pics - 02/10/06 09:01 PM
Thanks Simon, What kind of price range??
Posted By: SimonB Re: Latest bridge pics - 02/10/06 09:34 PM
$16K BZ
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board