AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Ernie B Fine dinning in SP - 03/09/09 01:33 PM
We had the pleasure of having dinner at Hidden Treasure on my last trip. I cant describe the pleasant, intimate decor, very warm and comfortable. It only compliments the excellent food and service.

Ruben and his lovely wife Elvia (owners) are the most attentive hosts one could ask for.

On your next trip be sure to include a night at Hidden Treasure, you will be glad you did !
Posted By: Nancy1340 Re: Fine dinning in SP - 03/09/09 04:49 PM
Where is it located E ?

FTWB and I went back to Sunset Grill twice we liked it so much.
Posted By: swanno Re: Fine dinning in SP - 03/09/09 05:04 PM
If you are coming from town Hidden Treasures is located about 2 blocks south of Banana Beach LOOK FOR THE SIGN and turn right go down the road 100 yaerds or so and its on your left.
Excellent food and service and very aptly named

Colin
Posted By: Ernie B Re: Fine dinning in SP - 03/09/09 05:16 PM
Yep, 1st street past Royal Palm.
Posted By: Nancy1340 Re: Fine dinning in SP - 03/09/09 05:22 PM
Thanks.

We may be back real soon. Frank says how much fun he had this time at least once a day. A large part of that is thanks to E.

((((smooch))))
Posted By: LaurieMar Re: Fine dinning in SP - 03/10/09 01:52 AM
Hidden Treasure deserves a bit more detail here!

I went for dinner both last month and in November. Absolutely fabulous both times!

I had the grilled red snapper fillet, wrapped in a banana leaf and topped with grilled red/green peppers and onions. My dining companion had almond crusted grouper (I took a few bites and it was delicious).

Jose was there, of course, before and after dinner.

I highly recommend this place, try it out.
Posted By: Ernie B Re: Fine dinning in SP - 03/10/09 01:56 AM
Dang, I wish I had said that !
Posted By: SP Daily Re: Fine dinning in SP - 03/10/09 02:00 AM
The best place on the island!
Posted By: gailtor Re: Fine dinning in SP - 03/10/09 02:34 AM
I have to agree! Hidden Treasure is a wonderful restaurant.

Our party of four enjoyed the Achiote Rubbed Chicken; the Coconut Breaded Chicken Breast (which my sister voted to be the best meal she had in San Pedro this visit) and 2 of us had the Spare Buhurie, with pineapple sauce (as pictured recently in the picture of the day). Apparently, the Lamb Chops are the best in the world. We didn't have any room for dessert but did see it served at other tables. Looked fabulous!

Check out their website http://hiddentreasurebelize.com/

The website also leads you to reviews done by the local papers.

I'll be back..

Gail cool

Posted By: azbob Re: Fine dinning in SP - 03/10/09 04:04 PM
OK, all of you convinced me. It's on the list for the next visit!
Posted By: Canukboi Re: Fine dinning in SP - 03/10/09 04:28 PM
It really is one of the best meals I have had on the island, everytime. The Ribs are killer and my wife says the almond crusted grouper is the best meal she's had....ever, anywhere! And we are foodies!!

You have to try it. You will not be disappointed. Ruben is a great host!
Posted By: champion Re: Fine dinning in SP - 03/10/09 04:30 PM
We too as well.
Posted By: LaurieMar Re: Fine dinning in SP - 03/10/09 04:37 PM
Gail, thanks for posting the menu. Makes me hungry!

I am a foodie too, love to cook, eat good and prepare different types of food - that is why I love this place!

Bon Appetit!
Posted By: lovey and thurston Re: Fine dinning in SP - 03/10/09 06:31 PM
Try Snapper Costena too, has a wonderful cream sauce, very light and just delicious.
Posted By: Leah-Ann Re: Fine dinning in SP - 03/11/09 02:16 AM
I agree, Hidden Treasure is both - a bit hidden and a real treasure. You'd never expect from the drive/ride there that you are about to encounter such a beautiful atmosphere. The lighting was beautiful and I'm a sucker for linen napkins and tablecloths. I had the lamb on my last visit and it was perfect. The drinks were great and the bar staff was more than willing to accommodate special requests (thus the multiple visits from Jose!). Hidden Treasure is different from most places on the island and really is worth a trip.
Posted By: Ernie B Re: Fine dinning in SP - 03/12/09 02:33 AM
I also must tell you about one of my favorite places, Portofino. We had dinner there and Jan an his lovely wife were the most accomodating. The food and the service was without question, very attentive, the best. They will pick you up in their boat and return you after after dinner (at no cost). Try it ! You will not be disappointed.
Posted By: Nancy1340 Re: Fine dinning in SP - 03/12/09 05:35 PM
And take a huge appetite along with you!

Holy smokes!! I ordered crab claws and (I think) red snapper fillet. There was no way I could finish it and I didn't fill up on an appetizer either.
Posted By: Canukboi Re: Fine dinning in SP - 03/16/09 03:12 AM
Also, I second the Portofino vote. The crab stuffed snapper is incredible as is the Lobster Bisque.
Posted By: Now a Wife Re: Fine dinning in SP - 03/27/09 10:48 PM
We loved Capricorns and Blue Water Grill!
Posted By: MALIBU Re: Fine dinning in SP - 03/29/09 03:58 AM
Portofino is a first class resort. Food, accomidations, everything is good there.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board