AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Theft a Problem???

Posted By: Anonymous

Theft a Problem??? - 01/25/02 07:24 PM

I was just reading some background information on Caye Caulker and came across the following statement at one of the web-sites: "Theft is more likely if staying in the north end. Watch your possessions." I will be staying alone at a budget hotel near the Split and wonder how wary I need to be. I don't travel with anything valuable but still, I would hate to be ripped off of the little I take...what a drag that would be. Has anyone had any experiences that would give credence to that warning or any words of wisdom to share?
Posted By: Bonestalker

Re: Theft a Problem??? - 01/26/02 03:45 AM

Like traveling anywhere be cautious and prudent without paranoia. Try not be flashy, stay reasonably sober. All valuables other than pocket money should be kept in the safe in the office where you are staying. Don't leave your Rolex sitting on the toilet tank and have fun....I personally have had no problem on CC, My wife had some expensive earrings removed from her luggage at the old airport on our first trip...our fault really, should have been in carry on. Buy a couple pair of cheep sunglasses, leave the Ray-bans home.
Posted By: Mermaid

Re: Theft a Problem??? - 01/26/02 05:49 PM

Real Good advice, Bonestalker.

Cheers
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board