AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Anonymous Drinking Water - 03/29/02 03:07 AM
We're planning a visit to CC and AC next week, and we're wondering how safe the water is to drink on the islands? Are there any risks or diseases commonly found in the water? What precautions should we take?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Drinking Water - 03/29/02 04:59 PM
Hi:

Bottled water is available for sale anywhere, even in 5 gal. containers. The water served in restaurants is generally safe. Don't drink the running tap water, however.

Cheers,
Wendy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Drinking Water - 03/29/02 05:00 PM
Hi again:

Meant to say bottled water is available for sale "everywhere". The typing devil got ahold of my hand. Sorry.

:-)

Cheers,
Wendy
Posted By: Careful Re: Drinking Water - 03/29/02 05:12 PM
Use bottled water for brushing your teeth, rain water is fine if your hotel has it but I live here and have gotten sick from the well water.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Drinking Water - 03/30/02 02:52 AM
If you go straight away from the water taxi dock to the back of the island there is a place you can order water,beer and soda by the case and have it brought to where you are staying. If you are not used to the rain water only use it for brushing.
Posted By: RL Re: Drinking Water - 04/01/02 04:09 PM
JC, do you remember the name of the place to get everything delivered by the case?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Drinking Water - 04/01/02 09:35 PM
Beliken Beer Distributor delivers beer, pop, and soda water.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Drinking Water - 04/02/02 02:07 AM
RL, I don't remember the name but just look for the green tractors pulling the red trailers, you can't miss them.Like I said their office is on the back of the island straight away from the water taxi dock. Enjoy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Drinking Water - 04/02/02 08:39 AM
also- to save $$ & be environmentally conscious, ALbert's store will refill your water bottle with purified Crystal brand water for $1.00 Belize, it's a great deal & saves on the landfill!
Posted By: RL Re: Drinking Water - 04/02/02 03:34 PM
Thanks to all for the information. I usually stay where rainwater is in use and have never had a problem concerning the water. Those Beliken bottles can get pretty heavy though, especially if I don't take the empties back when I pick up fresh full ones!!!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board