AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Ryan 3 weeks in December - 10/07/02 01:09 PM
I'll be on CC December 5-24, and am looking for an inexpensive place to stay, with a phone. Since my post below regarding Vega Inn generated some negative emails, I'm looking for other options.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ryan [email protected]
Posted By: helper Re: 3 weeks in December - 10/08/02 05:37 PM
There are internet cafe's on Caye Caulker. Most lodging options do not have phones in the rooms.
Posted By: RUSS Re: 3 weeks in December - 10/08/02 10:07 PM
CHEAPEST IS THE BACKPACKER HOSTEL; NOT BAD AND $$ CAN'T BE BEAT. I'M THERE IN APRIL
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 3 weeks in December - 10/11/02 07:03 AM
Seaside Cabanas had phones when I was there last fall. Only for the island, though. Don't know if incoming international calls can be put thru to room.

If you need to be reached, almost all places will deliver messages to you.

Don't know what you mean by inexpensive. Seaside quoted me a price of $50/night for one of the AC rooms. Nice amenities- bedside lamp, dining table w/2 chairs, small fridge, I think microwave? not sure ask them. Nice decor & what seemed like decent beds. Can be a bit noisy as it's next door to main dock/entry into town.

I've heard about the Disco Hotel. New rooms, hot bath, $12-15/night. Don't know anything else. Maybe someone here does.
Posted By: Ragga Gal Re: 3 weeks in December - 10/11/02 08:26 PM
Ryan, I am sure no matter where you stay you will love it!!!
The Disco Hotel is not operating for tourism, and is lodging only local people at this time. Sorry about that. There are many nice places to stay. Blue Wave Guest house, Daisys Hotel, Ediths, Toms Hotel etc., so many I can't mention them all. Check out the places to stay links on this website.
See you soon!
Allie
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 3 weeks in December - 10/14/02 03:42 PM
"Diane's Beach House" and "Chateau Giselle" have phones inhouse. You can receive calls from anywhere in the world and you can make domestic or international calls with a phonecard.
www.staycayecaulker.com/beachhouse.html
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 3 weeks in December - 10/15/02 04:59 PM
Diane's also has the distinction of being the nicest accomodations in town.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 3 weeks in December - 10/15/02 06:01 PM
Have you taken a look at www.caulkercabanas.com? Some of the houses have phones - but the accommodation is not that cheap! But nice!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board