AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Village Voice

Posted By: Anonymous

Village Voice - 11/12/02 10:06 PM

Everyone may want to look at Wendy's new website www.cayecaulkerhomes.com It is a beauty and typical of the work she sponsors.
Anyone wonder where her newspaper Village Voice has gone? It didn't bring in enough money from ads to even pay the printing much less a decent wage for her and Charly. Anyone out there in cyberspace want to subscibe by mail? If there were enough people who would pay a modest sum perhaps she or Tina's similar paper might start publishing again. They gave them away on the Caye but my friends and I would be happy to pay for them. They were well done and pure Caye Caulker stuff.
Posted By: betito

Re: Village Voice - 11/12/02 11:40 PM

Keycocker,
I preferred either Wendy's Village Voice or Tina's Conch Telegraph. THey were both good newspapers that stirred constructive debate among our people. I say go for it!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Village Voice - 11/19/02 11:02 PM

Although I take much of the heat for the debates stirred by controversial articles meant to do exactly that - spark debate & set everyone's minds thinking about the island, I also quite enjoyed doing the paper although it can become quite a lot of work when deadline looms large.

The problem is that although many people enjoy the paper, selling advertising is like pulling teeth. No one wants to dip into already low pockets. It takes $1000 to print, if we can have 10 or 20 steady sponsors, we can get them out and whatever advertising we sell can compensate for the grief and hard effort the contributors put into it.

How about it Friends of the Paper?
© 2022 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board