AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Can anyone help?

Posted By: Anonymous

Can anyone help? - 03/16/03 03:07 AM

Hello! My best friend and I were planning a trip to Caye Caulker. My grandma's been spending the winters down there forever (except for this year!) and she only ever has wonderful things to say about the island! I was wanting to stay for six months... Does anyone know if we can rent (for cheap!) a place on the island. We're not picky, and don't need anything fancy! As long as there's a roof, we'll be happy! We were looking to leave in November. Any information would be appreciated! Thank you all so much for your time!
Posted By: Cybercayecaulker.com

Re: Can anyone help? - 03/16/03 11:15 PM

What is your price range? (in U.S. dollars)

Re: Can anyone help? - 03/18/03 04:38 AM

the cheapest we can find! we're only 20, so we don't have a lot of extra money. we're just looking to get away for a while!
Posted By: RUSS

Re: Can anyone help? - 03/18/03 05:34 PM

Dear WW: Try Tina's: @ $7.50 per night you will not be able to beat it.

Re: Can anyone help? - 03/19/03 03:36 AM

Tina's is a party but is not the cheapest place to stay. You can rent a room with two beds in a private room at Sandy Lane for US$10. Tina's is a bed for one in a dorm room.
From there you can ask around and find a house for US$400 or so in that time frame.
Finding a good deal may depend on your choice of friends. Many young people make friends with the easiest guys to speak with. These are the hustlers and the landlords will shut you out of the good deals if you appear to be friends with that crowd.
Eventually you will have problems and home owners here don't want to sort that out anymore.

Re: Can anyone help? - 03/27/03 04:14 AM

Thank you so much for your help and advice, it's much appreciated. Now we just have to decide on what we're going to do. Hopefully we'll see you all in November! Thanks again!

Re: Can anyone help? - 03/28/03 03:37 AM

Hello:

You might want to ask about the cabanas at the Sandy Lane Hotel. Ms. Elma sometimes rents the cabanas out to monthly tennants.

Cheers,
Wendy
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board