AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Anonymous accomodations - 03/24/05 02:03 PM
I'm planning a trip to CC and looking for a place to stay. Right now my top choices are De Real Macaw and Morningstar. I've read on this message board that Real Macaw might be in a noisy part of town. Could someone tell me just what kind of noisy we're talking about? Bar next door playing bad kareoke until 2am noisy or just lots of people walking by noisy? Also, how far is the Morningstar from a beach? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Posted By: Noh True! Re: accomodations - 03/24/05 08:05 PM
You may want to check out the local authority's website www.cayecaulkerbelize.net It lists all the accomodations on the island. De Real Macaw is a really nice place to stay located on Hicaco Avenue closer to the split. There are no bars located in the immediate area. Morning Star is also a very quite place to stay.
Posted By: fish3d Re: accomodations - 03/24/05 10:29 PM
Not sure if the bar part is true. Got
back recently. All the posts I have read about the Real Mcaw have been positive.
It is located however on the "main drag"
There is constant foot, and golf cart
traffic in front of the units but I wouldn't
let that stop me unless you insist on
absolute quiet. Isn't the main drag called
Front St? Or is Front street the strip
of beach next to the water. Anyway whatever
you do you will love CC

[This message has been edited by fish3d (edited 03-24-2005).]
Posted By: skubakat Re: accomodations - 03/25/05 11:02 PM
We've stayed at both Morningstar and De Real Macaw and enjoyed both places. Morningstar is a couple of blocks away from the water while De Real Macaw is right across the street from a beach. I liked the accomodations better at Morningstar, and it was a really nice, clean, and quiet place and a larger refrigerator. DeReal Macaw was more centralized, but smaller refrigerator and a little noisier. The whole town pretty much quiets down at night so that's not that big of a factor. Bring earplugs if you're worried about noise!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: accomodations - 03/26/05 02:56 PM
Thanks for the advice. Sounds like either place would be fine. I have a question about the beaches on CC. Can you actually swim at them or can you only really swim at the Split. What is the beach by De Real Macaw like?
Posted By: fish3d Re: accomodations - 03/26/05 07:48 PM
Remember that CC is surrounded by flats
typically covered with seagrass ( a good thing for all those critters with gills!)
In order to "swim" most places on CC means
going out to the end of one of the many piers. There is boat traffic so
be VERY careful when swimming around the
island. This includes the Split as well.
The beach area across the street from
the Real Mccaw is like most of the beach
in that area. White sand which leads down to
the flats.
If you can afford it, one of the places
I went fishing with a guide is called
Long Key. We talked about having some kayaks towed out there (and back) and spending a few hours
fishing/snorkeling/swimming in that area.
I'm sorry we never did that...but I will
next time.
There may be manatees and its just a great
place to be, and its a relatively quick boat
ride.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board