AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: dlarkin CC vs. Ambergis - 06/07/05 10:56 PM
Any thoughts on CC vs. Ambergis.

I am planning a two week honeymoon. I was thinking of CC for one week and then one week inland (Orange Walk maybe?). I was also considering one week at CC and one at Ambergis. Any thoughts? Is Ambergis significantly different from CC?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: CC vs. Ambergis - 06/09/05 01:49 AM
Hi. Maybe you should consider staying on Caye Caulker and taking one of the day trips (by boat) over to San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, to check it out. It's bigger, with more tourists, night life, etc. Not that there isn't night life on CC, it's just smaller, quieter, and more laid back. Depends on what you and your wife prefer. Personally, I'd take CC anyday. Check them both out. Have a great honeymoon.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: CC vs. Ambergis - 06/09/05 07:08 PM
A young German girls explained to us that the backpacks go the CC and the suitcases go to AC. Not literally true but maybe spiritually true.

We liked CC with its laid back feel. I didn't like AC from what we saw in San Pedro but it must be bigger for reason. Apparently lots of people disagree with me.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: CC vs. Ambergis - 06/19/05 02:47 PM
I also prefer CC over AC. I go to CC every year and go to AC for one day during the trip. From what I have seen on AC you pay a ton more monay and don't get a ton more amenities. The people on CC are more fun to hang out with. I recomend the week on CC and the a week inland.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board