AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: gailann Rendevous Caye - 10/29/05 02:42 AM
We visitng Caye Caulker in December and would like to see Rendevous caye. I've read several descriptions of it, but can find it on the maps or find anyone who takes visitors there. Any suggestions?
Posted By: Cybercayecaulker.com Re: Rendevous Caye - 10/29/05 03:21 PM
Rendevous is in the southern part of Belize. Most people access it from Placencia. Raggamuffin Tours has a sailing trip to Placencia.
--Lee
Posted By: Lazy Iguana B&B Re: Rendevous Caye - 10/29/05 07:14 PM
Randevous Caye is indeed a picturesque little Caye. It is surrounded by beautiful coral. The south-side of the Caye has deep water where large sailboats anchorage and spend the night. We have done that ourselves a lot and have enjoyed the enormous beautiful sky... no lights, seems like you can reach the stars! There used to be a camp there called Ricardo's Cabanas, don't know if is still there. You might want to check with the Belize Tourist Board; www.travelbelize.org. Like Lee mentioned you might check out Raggamuffin. All Caye Caulker Business are listed on www.cayecaulkerbelize.net

enjoy,
Irene
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rendevous Caye - 10/29/05 10:39 PM
There are two Rendevous Cayes in Belize, the nearest one to Caye Caulker is near Bluefields Range (which is where those overwater cabins are) and one in Southern Belize near Placencia. Can't help with who would take you there but I am sure you could arrange a private charter from Caye Caulker.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rendevous Caye - 11/02/05 01:50 AM
Under Water cabins? That sounds interesting. DO you know where there is more info about that?
Posted By: skubakat Re: Rendevous Caye - 11/02/05 10:02 PM
I found this info, although I don't know how old the post was:

Ricardo's Beach Huts

Father and son Eterio and Ricardo Castillo have constructed five simple, over-the-water guest cabanas at their lobster and fishing camp in the Bluefield Range, 21 miles south of Belize City. Visitors may birdwatch, snorkel, or fish from dugout canoes. They also have an unusual opportunity to look in on the lives of the fishermen. There's lots of sand here-more than at many a formal beach resort-and unspoiled, unlittered mangrove and palms, as well as the usual aquatic attractions.

The minimum charge for a stay at Ricardo's is about $150 for two persons for two nights and three days. This includes meals and transportation, and for additional days, the charge is about $30. For information, speak to Anna Lara at the Mira Río Hotel, 59 North Front St. (P. O. Box 55, tel. 224-4970) in Belize City.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rendevous Caye - 11/06/05 06:06 PM
not underwater, OVERWATER. And Yes, Ricardo's are the ones I think the other post was referring to.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board