AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Cash or credit cards

Posted By: Anonymous

Cash or credit cards - 11/28/05 12:04 AM

My husband and I are planning our first trip to Belize and Caye Caulker. Usually we take travellers cheques. Is there anywhere to cash them in Caye Caulker. Do most of the resturants and dive shops take credit cards?

thanks for any info
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Cash or credit cards - 11/28/05 09:48 PM

Travellers checks US are accepted almost everywhere as is VISA or Mastercard. We do have a bank that will cash them also.
Posted By: skubakat

Re: Cash or credit cards - 11/29/05 01:53 AM

If you have a Visa debit card, you can also draw funds from there through the bank for a small fee.
Posted By: Bluespicker

Re: Cash or credit cards - 12/03/05 10:21 AM

We found that it was easiest to cash travelers checks at the bank. Next time we visit we'll bring large denomination checks.
Posted By: Cybercayecaulker.com

Re: Cash or credit cards - 12/03/05 07:28 PM

Make sure you bring your TC receipts with you. The bank is now asking for that to verify ownership.
Posted By: lindacalot

Re: Cash or credit cards - 12/21/05 02:52 AM

I keep reading that it is best to bring Travelers Checks, but my question is, where on Caye Caulker can you exchange them for the best rate and no/minimal fee?

Re: Cash or credit cards - 12/23/05 02:55 AM

I just got some travelers checks for my trip to Belize but they are American Express Travelers Checks. Will this be a problem?

Re: Cash or credit cards - 12/23/05 02:57 AM

I read somewhere that there will be a 4% charge if you want to use your credit card for charged purchases. Anyone else hear this or know anything about this?
Posted By: CayeCracker

Re: Cash or credit cards - 12/23/05 09:06 AM

Credit cards are not widly accepted. Cash is much better. They will try and charge you all kinds of fees (of various types) if you try and use your cards.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board