AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Gwen Places to stay on CC - 08/21/06 05:19 PM
I am looking for a place to stay on CC in October, and am waffling between Tree Tops, De Real McCaw, and Amanda's Place. I'm open to any other suggestions, too. I'd like a place that has a beach veiw, air conditioning, and a little frig, if possible. Or perhaps I don't need the air conditioning? I've stayed on Ambergris Caye several times, and didn't have air conditioning, and, though it was a bit warmer than I would have liked at times, it waasn't too bad. Can anyone give me some ideas or feedback on these places? Thanks so much!
Posted By: SeaDreams Re: Places to stay on CC - 08/21/06 08:35 PM
Hi Gwen -

My husband and I stayed at Tree Tops in the Sunrise Suite the end of October last year.. and LOVED it! The room is beautiful and absolutely spotless. Has a great balcony and a view of the water. Great place to view the sunrise with a cup of coffee. Doris was a great help - especially since that was our first time in Belize. Tree Tops is a place to relax and makes a great home base - not a party spot by any means. Doris runs a tight ship!

Sorry - don't know anything about the others. Heard good things about DaReal Macaw, but no first hand knowledge. Our second trip down in May we stayed at Seaside Cabanas - also nice. Next time we're looking at staying in a simpler place - like to have the extra funds to spend other ways. Enjoy your trip!
Posted By: Gwen Re: Places to stay on CC - 08/21/06 09:30 PM
Thanks for your feedback! I really appreciate the input. Was there some inexpensive place you saw when you were down there that you wanted to try? I'll be there for four days, so the difference in price between a room somewhere (or there, even) and one of the suites is about $150.00 or so for the stay.

[This message has been edited by Gwen (edited 08-21-2006).]
Posted By: Mickey1 Re: Places to stay on CC - 08/21/06 10:18 PM
We stayed at Iguana Reef in April and really liked it. You are not on the ocean side but there is a nice beach area and the sunsets are spectacular. Has AC
Posted By: Gwen Re: Places to stay on CC - 08/22/06 07:30 PM
Thanks ya'll! I've gone ahead and booked with Tree Tops. Again, I appreciate the feedback. I can't wait for my visit in October.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board