AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Bofus What happened to Rasta Pasta - 02/17/07 04:49 PM
Marilyn.....I bet all it would have taken was a sincere "I'm sorry" to those who you treated rudely New Year's Day and the Rasta Pasta bashing wouldn't have gotten this far.
Number One Rule for us Texans is to Just Be Nice!
I also bet if you said "I'm sorry" then you could forgive yourself and move on.........
Enough of my preaching, right?
Everyone have a lovely day on beautiful Caye Caulker! You lucky buggers!
Posted By: crazy_canuck Re: What happened to Rasta Pasta - 02/21/07 08:38 PM
Bofus - we are the Canadians that started this post! I agree - we think if Marilyn had just apologized and not had all the excuses it really wouldnt have been a big deal. Bottom line is (as you saw and experienced) the service was poor and the owners were rude. I hope we DID just catch them at a bad moment - it is unfortunate as RP used to be a really neat spot on CC.
Bofus - Let's plan to meet in 2008 at Rainbow?? The service and food is always AMAZING there!!!
Posted By: ILuvCayeCaulker Re: What happened to Rasta Pasta - 02/24/07 01:57 AM
I had great food and services at Rasta Pasta..plus I don't eat pork and loved all the turkey ham and bacon!!
Posted By: KVarner Re: What happened to Rasta Pasta - 04/26/07 10:39 PM
ummm....bacon is pork. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Posted By: dabunk Re: What happened to Rasta Pasta - 04/26/07 11:22 PM
Think she meant turkey ham and turkey bacon, becoming readily available all over Belize.
Posted By: OESGwynedd Re: What happened to Rasta Pasta - 04/26/07 11:37 PM
while recently down last month, Robbie took us to Caye Caulker after our dives where we ate at Rasta Pasta. It was the last day in THAT location for Rasta Pasta. There were some lease haggles and Marily IS going to reopen Rasta Pasta, just in a different location......

Love those coconut choc chip cookies.
Posted By: Marty Re: What happened to Rasta Pasta - 04/27/07 12:37 AM
its gonna be under her house on Caye Caulker..... she's working away on it!!!!
Posted By: Cooper Re: What happened to Rasta Pasta - 04/27/07 12:54 AM
She has reopened inside The Ocean Side. I think the under the rented house was canceled.
Posted By: lil'red Re: What happened to Rasta Pasta - 04/27/07 04:13 PM
I had a couple of appetizers from Rasta Pasta last Friday and they were totally tasty. They are located in the Oceanside bar, and the burrito I saw served to a customer was bigger than my arm!
Posted By: windyw Re: What happened to Rasta Pasta - 05/15/07 01:48 PM
My husband and I just returned from a week in San Pedro. We went to Caye Caulker and had lunch at Rasta Pasta. We sat at a table outside and it was lovely. The food was very, very good and so was the service. We also saw a burrito delivered to the table next to us. I have never seen anything so big. But it must have been yummy because it was gone pretty quickly.

We had the tostado bowl, it was huge and oh so good!! A wonderful lunch on the beach with an unbeatable view.

They were telling us about their new location that they are currently working on, can't wait to check it out!!!

cool cool cool
Posted By: crayonlover06 Re: What happened to Rasta Pasta - 05/15/07 07:40 PM
Where is the temporary location from where the boat drops you?
Posted By: windyw Re: What happened to Rasta Pasta - 05/15/07 09:25 PM
From the water taxi pier, walk up to the first street which is Front St. Turn right onto Front St. It is less than 5 minutes to Rasta Pasta. Rasta Pasta will be on your left. They are currently sharing a building with Oceanside Bar. They have their sign out in front, you really can't miss it.

Enjoy!!!! cool

Posted By: crayonlover06 Re: What happened to Rasta Pasta - 05/16/07 08:26 PM
thank you windyw.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board