AmbergrisCaye.com Home

honeymoon

Posted By: nov01

honeymoon - 07/09/08 03:04 PM

Hi - I'm new here and I am now in the proces of planning my honeymoon to Belize! I would really like to stay on Caye Caulker, is this a quiet place for a honeymoon? We are looking to spend a week on the island. We would like to visit Mayan ruins, go snorkelling, enjoy the local culture and RELAX!!

Any suggestions for a nice (not too $$ place to stay)? I've done some research and I like Coconut Grove, it seems to be out of the way. But, will we find it too far removed in order to travel between Ambergris or the mainland?

Thanks so much!!!
Posted By: Auxillou Beach Suites

Re: honeymoon - 07/09/08 03:52 PM

Anywhere on the island is close to anywhere else, nov01. Caye Caulker is definitely slow paced and laid back. Not sure where Coconut Grove is located, truthfully.

Posted By: Timwit

Re: honeymoon - 07/10/08 10:21 PM

Great honeymoon choice if you're looking for fun but quiet. I don't remember Coconut Grove but Blue Wave is one that stood out in my mind for a place that was medium priced. We met people that had stayed there and were very pleased with the room at a decent price. Ask for the 2nd floor room right at the front so you can watch the sunrise from your balcony.

Blue Wave is closer to the North end of the village, so you'd be closer to the main swimming area at The Split. Caye Caulker isn't a big place, but this location would certainly make your walk to almost anywhere a minimal one.

We were there for 2 weeks in March and absolutely fell in love with CC. If you'd like more details, you can PM me as well.
Posted By: CCsoon

Re: honeymoon - 07/11/08 11:53 PM

Hi Nov1

A few years ago I stayed at the house just down from Coconut Grove called Sunset Beach. We met the couple staying at Coconut Grove and they showed us around. I liked the way it looked. There is an outdoor shower. There is no air con but it is elevated and right on the water so you get lots of breeze. Sunrise is an option for close to the same price if you think you will need AC.
Posted By: CCsoon

Re: honeymoon - 07/11/08 11:56 PM

Oops I called it Sunset Beach but it's Sunrise, also it's a 15 minute walk or 5 minute bike ride into town.
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board