AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Lobsterfest 2009 - the proper post!

Posted By: Claudia22

Lobsterfest 2009 - the proper post! - 01/02/09 04:37 PM

Just a couple of questions....

How/when can i find out about the exact dates

Do you need to book accommodation far in advance

How busy does it get? I am backpacking with some friends and we were wondering whether this would be the best time to be on CC. we would like to meet lots of people our age (20-22) but don't know if there are many more backpackers at this particular time as i presume everything is a bit more expensive then. are we as likely to meet lots of people either a bit before bit after when it is less expensive (if that makes sense!). Like the sound of lobsterfest but worried re costs and accommodations.

thanks!
Posted By: Cybercayecaulker.com

Re: Lobsterfest 2009 - the proper post! - 01/02/09 05:56 PM

Lobsterfest weekend is one of the busiest of the year, it ranks right up there with Easter weekend, Christmas and New Year. I don't think the prices change or go up for Lobsterfest, they stay the same all summer. You are coming in low season, so will get the best rates., However, you may not get additional discounts on account of how busy it is that weekend. Caye Caulker has lots of day trippers from San Pedro and weekenders from Belize City for Lobsterfest.
Posted By: Peter Jones

Re: Lobsterfest 2009 - the proper post! - 01/03/09 01:29 AM

Yes, but when is it?
Posted By: Auxillou Beach Suites

Re: Lobsterfest 2009 - the proper post! - 01/05/09 01:18 AM

At the New Year’s Eve Dance at the Central Park, the new Lobster Fest dates were announced. This year's Caye Caulker Lobster Fest will be held on June 26, 27, 28, with entertainment coming all the way from Miami.
Posted By: PTC Director

Re: Lobsterfest 2009 - the proper post! - 01/05/09 04:09 AM

Placencia Lobsterfest is also scheduled for the weekend of June 26, 27, & 28. The Placencia Lobsterfest committee announced the 2009 dates immediately following the weekend of Placencia Lobsterfest 2008.

Posted By: Peter Jones

Re: Lobsterfest 2009 - the proper post! - 01/05/09 04:32 AM

I hope the SP one isn't also those dates. Anyone?
Posted By: skippy

Re: Lobsterfest 2009 - the proper post! - 01/05/09 09:26 PM

I have June 14-20 marked on my calendar, Peter. I hope that is correct.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board