AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: SavvyLady THE TROPICS HOTEL - 05/29/09 04:12 AM
By SavvyLady on May 28, 2009

The owner of The Tropics hotel IS A BIG CROOK. I BASE MY ASSESSMENT OF HIM ON MY EXPERIENCE WITH IN HIM ONE WEEK AGO. I booked a room on the internet and was completely disatified with the location and safety of the hotel when I arrived. I complained to the owner, Ramon Reyes, and he refused to refund any of my money I paid for the room. As a visitor on the island, I expected some common decency and fair treatment. However, I had horrible experience and received poor customer service from the owner. I WARN YOU!! DO NOT RESERVE ROOMS AT THIS HOTEL. THE ROOMS ARE SUBSTANDARD AND ARE NOT SAFE WHEN COMPARED TO OTHER HOTELS ON THE ISLAND. WE COULD NOT STAY IN THE JUNIOR SUITE BECAUSE SOMEONE ENTERED WHILE WE WERE IN THE ROOM. THE JUNIOR SUITES ARE LOCATED 15 MINS.(WALKING) OUTSIDE OF THE MAIN TOURIST AREA AND AWAY FROM THE MAIN HOTEL LOCATION. Ramon Reyes is a desperate want-to-be business man. He has no business ethics and treats guests poorly. He will reap every seed he has sowed in the life. BEWARE!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: THE TROPICS HOTEL - 05/29/09 04:17 PM
Your comment has been seen and noted.

Z
Posted By: Merster Re: THE TROPICS HOTEL - 05/29/09 07:01 PM
In all fairness, my husband and I stayed at the Tropics in February of this year. We had the cabana and enjoyed ourselves very much. The only thing was that they turned the water off 24 hours before we left the hotel. I had read that this happens often there. Not a good thing. Would I go back there? No.
Posted By: SavvyLady Re: THE TROPICS HOTEL - 05/30/09 04:27 AM
I am sorry you had to experience livig without water. You never realize how important clean water is until you have to live without it. The Tropics hotel cabana you stayed in is on the main grounds of the hotel in the heart of the tourist area. The Tropics hotel also has other room that are 15 minutes walk from the main ground. We book our room at the remote site and it was very unsafe. We spoke with Ramon Reyes (owner) and he refused to relocate us to the main hotel site. We had no other choice but to get a room at The Barefoot Carible.
Posted By: Phil Re: THE TROPICS HOTEL - 05/30/09 05:53 PM
OK you had your gripe - three times already - so let it be at that. I think it's a bit too personal an attack and should be edited but everyone has a right to an opinion. As ever there are often two sides to a story and owning a Hotel/Accommodation I have at first hand had the same sort of stories published in forums that were completely blown out of proportion from one side, in the same manner as this might or might not be. Let's see if there is another side to this one. Perhaps they were full and couldn't relocate you. Perhaps you didn't approach it in the right way and got their back up. If you are indeed Savvy let it rest now as you've had your say and see if there's a rebuttal or flip side of the coin.
Posted By: SavvyLady Re: THE TROPICS HOTEL - 05/30/09 07:39 PM
Good! So you read my blog. As you stated, "everyone has a right to an opinion". However, since you are not involved in this situation and was not present when my husband and I had to leave the hotel in the late evening because a stranger entered our (what was suppose to be safe accommodation)room and visit the police station in a strange country. It's strange to me why you are making judgements and passing your opinion based on your experience. Yes, perhaps you are correct when you stated that "there are two sides to a story". Ramon Reyes (owner of the Tropic Hotel) should tell his side and address this situation. Since my husband and I are the ones who lost hard earned monies, we have the right to blog as we see fit. I have a "savvy" opinion for you Phil, you should bypass my blogs next time as I plan to continue blogging until the parties INVOLVED have come to a fair resolution. God's Blessings and have a good day!
Posted By: cayehotel Re: THE TROPICS HOTEL - 05/30/09 10:28 PM
SavvyLady and her husband are what I would call GUESTS FROM HELL. They lied and cursed and threatened my staff and me. They used obscene language and threats in front of the Police. We hope we NEVER encountered people with so little class and common human decency. The PERSON who walked into their room was the room cleaner doing her duties. For anyone who knows Caye Caulker, they will know that both our locations are in the main heart of Caye Caulker, not in some remote area, and we have FULL SECURITY Camera systems. The insinuation that our hotel is substandard is not likely and I expect nothing less from them. Her husband's childlike immature behavior speaks volumes about the kind of people they are. He threatened to hit me, kill me, and all this in front of the Police.
At no time did they disagree that they got the exact room they booked and paid for, they also said the rooms are great but they want Air Conditioning to be put in a room that is does not have any. They demanded we put an A/C Unit in a room; we just could not do that. The insults that SavvyLady has hurled are expected from people like them. We are happy to know that they are for sure the exception and not the rule. We have thousands of guests who enjoy our island and our hotels. Problems do occur from time to time and we do our best to fix them. To all hotel owners, do not allow these people at your hotel, Alice Moore. Trust me, they are GUESTS FROM HELL.
Posted By: cayehotel Re: THE TROPICS HOTEL - 05/30/09 10:33 PM
Merster, we do not turn the water off on purpose, as we said, problems do happen, and we had a pump go out and had to have it replaced. We do not have a water system in Caye Caulker, and things do happen, we apologize that you were inconvenienced. We did our best to get it going again.

And SavvyLady is LYING, and all my hotel staff can attest to the FACT that they were showed THREE (3) different rooms at our main location and as I said, they wanted an A/C to be put in the room, I explained that that is not something we can do so easily and if I could I would. They just plain and simple did not have understanding and were bullies.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board