AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: melmez Caye Caulker Hotels - 06/23/03 05:27 PM
We are planning a family trip for 6 adults during the Christmas holidays. Trying to decide between Ambergris Caye and Caye Caulker. Any suggestions? We're looking for something relaxing. Aren't scuba divers but enjoy pretty much everything else the area seems to offer.

Also...any recommendations on hotel accomodations in Caye Caulker?

thanks!!
Posted By: GRAFFICE Re: Caye Caulker Hotels - 06/24/03 01:15 AM
spend some time at both it's only a short boat trip for the transfer and they both have something unique for all. we stayed at seaside cabana's 2 years ago and really enjoyed it although it is one of the more pricy spots on caulker. san pedro has to many places to mention check out their web page or search form this board enjoy duane and barb
Posted By: ScubaLdy Re: Caye Caulker Hotels - 07/09/03 03:38 AM
It's entirely up to you and what you expect. I went to Caye Caulker and two hours were enough for me. V E R Y L A I D B A C ZZZZZZZZZ
But that's just me.
Harriette eek
Posted By: silkpainter Re: Caye Caulker Hotels - 07/10/03 05:26 AM
What is your price range for accomodations? Caye Caye Caulker has all levels, from deluxe (over $100 a night) to backpacker style (under $10 a night)
--Lee
www.cybercayecaulker.com
www.caribbean-colors.com
Posted By: melmez Re: Caye Caulker Hotels - 07/10/03 05:02 PM
Thanks for the replies! We are pretty flexible with price but would prefer not to pay more than $130/night and would like some sort of oceanview.
Posted By: hunters Re: Caye Caulker Hotels - 07/10/03 07:53 PM
www.iguanareefinn.com

Very nice. Mini fridge, queen beds, air conditioning. Continental breakfast included.

To me it is the best place on the island, though it is also the most expensive. You get what you pay for.
Posted By: Pedro1 Re: Caye Caulker Hotels - 07/11/03 03:01 AM
Seaside cabanas -great rooms -fabulous views of the reef-much less expensive than Iguana Reef-you can also swim off the beach -excellent inexpensive bar.
Posted By: melmez Re: Caye Caulker Hotels - 07/11/03 10:12 PM
Thanks again everyone! Has anyone ever stayed (or heard anything about) De Real Macaw?
Posted By: jbmez Re: Caye Caulker Hotels - 07/18/03 06:53 PM
Does anyone have imput for either Popeyes or De Real Macaw?
Posted By: LongJohn Re: Caye Caulker Hotels - 07/18/03 06:56 PM
Last year we was at Iguana Reef Inn .Great place and service. wink www.iguanareefinn.com
Posted By: Barbara K Re: Caye Caulker Hotels - 07/18/03 07:23 PM
I saw all the rooms at Popeyes this past April. They have cabanas, standard motel type rooms and one suite. The rooms are very clean, property is small but has a good beach. I didn't eat there but the restauraunt & bar is large (for CC!) and seemed popular. Owners are very nice and quite interesting. Ron offers some unique tours and specializes in archeological oriented tours. I recommend it! Yopu would need several rooms - I think all were doubles only except for the suite.

I am not familiar with De Real Macaw.

www.barbsbelize.com
Posted By: Brianac Re: Caye Caulker Hotels - 07/28/03 08:50 PM
Barbara k,
Can you tell me more about popeye's. Did you see their cabana/s? Any details would help. Thinking about staying there in April with a group.
Posted By: Barbara K Re: Caye Caulker Hotels - 07/28/03 10:05 PM
I did see the cabanas at Popeyes. They were small but very clean. I believe there were only 3 cabanas, about 4 "motel" type rooms and 1 suite (above the restaurant). How big is the group? May not house you all if it is a large group. Have you looked at their website? www.popeyesbeachresort.com
Posted By: Ernie B Re: Caye Caulker Hotels - 07/29/03 12:35 AM
Barbarba.... isn't there a place called Paradise something or the other, on the south end. Stayed there one nite on a spree.... don't remember too much more ?
Posted By: mayatravel Re: Caye Caulker Hotels - 07/30/03 12:08 AM
Just back from a day trip to CC. Da Real Macaw has a 2 bdrm on the top floor facing the sea with kitchen. Think it's us110.00 per night, can sleep six. Nice bit of open space on the beach across the sandy lane.
Posted By: Brianac Re: Caye Caulker Hotels - 07/31/03 03:53 PM
I would think the breeze must die down at the iguana reef. Aren't they on the leward side? When we kayaked around the island the back side was HOT.
Posted By: Magnum Belize Re: Caye Caulker Hotels - 07/31/03 06:56 PM
The place on the south end of Caye Caulker you may be referring to is Tropical Paradise. Nice budget place. If you would like more specific info call me at 800-447-2931 and ask for Lynn
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First Re: Caye Caulker Hotels - 07/31/03 08:45 PM
Iguana Reef has A/C.

--Lan Sluder
Posted By: Laguna Punta Re: Caye Caulker Hotels - 07/31/03 09:29 PM
When in Caye Corker, visit Chocolate. He is a national treasure!!!
Posted By: silkpainter Re: Caye Caulker Hotels - 08/01/03 02:38 AM
Sorry to say, but Chocolate is not doing manatee tours anymore. He's in stage 4 of prostate cancer.
Posted By: Laguna Punta Re: Caye Caulker Hotels - 08/01/03 08:37 AM
Very sorry to hear the bad news. I spent an hour with Chocolate on his veranda several years ago on Belizian Labor Day. A facinating gentleman. Chocolate was instrumental in perserving and protecting the reef, first in Ambergris then Caulker.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Caye Caulker Hotels - 08/04/03 01:09 AM
Hi Melmez:

Since your group is rather large for a hotel room, you might want to consider a private home rental instead. I have quite a few available. Please visit this website for more information: www.cayecaulkerhomes.com.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board