AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Winter Vacation

Posted By: XTC500

Winter Vacation - 07/13/10 02:34 AM

Well it's time to start thinking about our winter vacation. We've been to Caye Caulker the year before last, enjoyed it & want to return. I'm thinking about spending most of the first week on Caye Caulker, then take the Raggamuffin cruise to Placencia. Spend a couple days in Placencia and return home.
Now my question is probably best asked on a Placencia forum, but I haven't found an active one yet. Ideally I would like to book accommodation in Placencia for our planned arrival date but I understand that the Raggamuffin tour is subject to the weather. I don't want to lose a deposit or possibly the entire cost of accommodations by a last minute cancellation. Has anyone had any experience with this? Any suggetsions?
I'm thinking I may have to book the Placencia accommodations last minute when we know the cruise is a "GO". If there's no vacancies, then we don't go. That's not the best way to treat Raggamuffin though. Thanks in advance for any advise.
Posted By: catdance62

Re: Winter Vacation - 07/13/10 02:19 PM

When in the winter are you going?
You can go to the Placencia tourism website to look at hotels etc.
www.placencia.com
Or you can also ask this same question on the Belize Forum
http://www.belizeforum.com/belize/
Depending on when you are going, you can probably just find a place to stay when you get to Placencia, or you might have to go on up to Maya Beach, just a little ways up the peninsula.
Posted By: XTC500

Re: Winter Vacation - 07/14/10 03:10 AM

We're thinking early March. We may go earlier, sometimes there are nonstop charter flights early in the year. Thanks for the reply.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board