AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: MikeD Snow in CC? - 01/12/11 03:47 PM
I am from Massachusetts and we are expecting 16 inches of snow today. There is snow in 49 of the 50 United States! So much for global warming. I cannot wait to get to CC, I hope it doesn't snow!
Posted By: Jareth Re: Snow in CC? - 01/12/11 05:28 PM
Was this thread really necessary? It's 80 degrees in Caye Caulker in the dead of winter.
Posted By: champion Re: Snow in CC? - 01/12/11 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by Jareth
Was this thread really necessary? It's 80 degrees in Caye Caulker in the dead of winter.

OUCH! How about a little compassion. The world is freezing and this person is coming to visit you. Lighten up.
Posted By: MikeD Re: Snow in CC? - 01/12/11 06:20 PM
Please excuse my twisted sense of humor. I am aware of the weather in CC.

There are people across the US stranded in airports, bus stations and train stations because of the snow and its crippling effect on transportation. Some of them may be trying to get to Belize. I truly hope is doesn't happen to me.

Maybe we can all have a good laugh and throw down a panty ripper when I get there? :-)
Posted By: tortuga.chica Re: Snow in CC? - 01/12/11 07:58 PM
Hope you get to CC without any troubles.
Posted By: elbert Re: Snow in CC? - 01/12/11 08:26 PM
The airport in Caye Caulker is temporarily closed due to snow and ice on the runway!
Posted By: champion Re: Snow in CC? - 01/12/11 08:48 PM
What U smokin Elbert?
Posted By: ragman Re: Snow in CC? - 01/12/11 09:39 PM
More than likely due to a golf cart on the run way. wink That happened to us on one flight over there. The pilot had to taxi down the runway and tell them to get out of the way. crazy

Back up here though Logan is shut down. I hope they get that straightened out by Saturday for my flight down.
Posted By: klcman Re: Snow in CC? - 01/12/11 10:40 PM
I've been on CC planes 2x where pilot had to buzz the runway to clear pelicans.
Posted By: SP Daily Re: Snow in CC? - 01/12/11 11:23 PM
Years ago here was an incident in San Pedro where Tropic had to clear the runway of mating dogs.
Posted By: beachdude Re: Snow in CC? - 01/12/11 11:56 PM
I was working on one of the homes on the back shore just south of the western end of the CC airstrip. We would just stop and check if there were any planes due and never failed to get permission to ride our bikes down the runway to work.
Coming back however, there was no way to check, the little terminal was at the east end. To make matters worse, the planes would of course come eastward, into the prevailing wind to land, you could not hear them until it was too late. Got buzzed on more than one occasion before that job was over, dirty looks from some of the more surly pilots on the way past the terminal.
Still gotta love the informality and general cooperation of people in little unsophisticated countries! The Dept. of Homeland Security, the TSA, blah blah would have you in court in the good old land of the free?!!!
Posted By: Cybercayecaulker.com Re: Snow in CC? - 01/13/11 12:45 AM
I got buzzed on the airstrip once also, and had to fling my bike down and crouch while the plane passed over me since I was 1/2 way down the airstrip with nowhere else to go but into the swamp with the gators. I file that incident under "Don't Do that Again"
Posted By: MikeD Re: Snow in CC? - 01/13/11 01:21 PM
There sure are a lot of airport issues in CC....from snow to mating dogs? Hmmmmmmm I think I will take the water taxi
Posted By: elbert Re: Snow in CC? - 01/13/11 02:20 PM
As long as they run the snow plough over it regularly you would hardly notice.
Posted By: MikeD Re: Snow in CC? - 01/13/11 02:50 PM
I have a snow plow....just finished a 20 inch snow storm...I will be right down to clear the runway, but I charge extra for plowing mating dogs.
Posted By: Babsy Re: Snow in CC? - 01/13/11 06:56 PM
I'm coming with you!
Posted By: MikeD Re: Snow in CC? - 01/14/11 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by jesse
Years ago here was an incident in San Pedro where Tropic had to clear the runway of mating dogs.

Ok, I will take you. The girls on CC had better be warned that Babsy will be the best looking babe on the island!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board