AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Where to Eat and What to See on Caye Caulker

Posted By: seasquared2005

Where to Eat and What to See on Caye Caulker - 04/12/06 02:20 PM

Hi! My husband and I will return to Ambergris Caye (our 2nd visit) on June 3 and we want to spend a day exploring Caye Caulker. Where should we plan to eat (probably spending an early lunch and dinner there) and what's not to miss as far as sightseeing? Also, we would like to plan a day of snorkeling with a guide..what spots are best without going too awfully far? I've been doing a lot of research here on these boards and appreciate all the great information!

Re: Where to Eat and What to See on Caye Caulker - 04/12/06 02:37 PM

Thank you...will do! Last year we rented a house for our honeymoon but the caretakers guided us, guess the hotel can do the same!!
Posted By: Richard Chambers

Re: Where to Eat and What to See on Caye Caulker - 04/12/06 03:02 PM

Rasta Pasta is good and so is the Rainbow Hotel restaurant. The Lazy Lzard is a great place for a few cool ones too ! :p
Posted By: Belikin Bill

Re: Where to Eat and What to See on Caye Caulker - 04/12/06 03:28 PM

Take the water taxi to caye caulker. Ditto on Rasta Pasta (the jerk chicken burrito) Tippin a few at the Lazy Lizard at the split. Hangin out out the split for a while, bring your snorkel stuff. Walk the streets and the shops, meet some of the locals. Watch the kids fish from the main pier later in the afternoon and if you like bird watching go to the nature reserve. We always bring a couple pair of small cheap binoculars.

Re: Where to Eat and What to See on Caye Caulker - 04/12/06 03:38 PM

Thanks for the ideas. Will do on the water taxi...seems the most economical and easiest... and the snorkeling equip. Just wandering around and taking it in sounds great! No agenda often times works the very best. I am supposed to be studying for an ACLS test at the end of the month - YUCK!! This is much better.
Posted By: silkpainter

Re: Where to Eat and What to See on Caye Caulker - 04/12/06 03:47 PM

Bamboo Grill has nice food, is clean, and has a beachfront setting. I also like the Rainbow, Tropical Paradise and Sandbox.
Of course, for the best coffee on Caye Caulker, see me (Caribbean Colors Art Gallery & COco Loco Cafe), we also have triple chocolate espresso brownies and awesome tiramisu.

Re: Where to Eat and What to See on Caye Caulker - 04/12/06 03:59 PM

MMMM!! Yum! The brownies and tiramisu sound wonderful! We will come visit. Also, thanks for the restaurant news.
Posted By: klcman

Re: Where to Eat and What to See on Caye Caulker - 04/12/06 11:26 PM

All good advice on what to do, but methinks you won't be able to do lunch AND dinner if you plan on using the water taxi. Last run to SP from CC I think is somwhere between 4 and 5PM, IIRC.
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: Where to Eat and What to See on Caye Caulker - 04/12/06 11:34 PM

Whays a IIRC?
Posted By: klcman

Re: Where to Eat and What to See on Caye Caulker - 04/12/06 11:51 PM

go buy the book laugh
Posted By: deacon+

Re: Where to Eat and What to See on Caye Caulker - 04/12/06 11:54 PM

Hey E, it's the Jeopardy Game. Phrases that start with I for $200 laugh

Re: Where to Eat and What to See on Caye Caulker - 04/13/06 12:12 AM

I think the last boat that goes TO San Pedro from Caye Caulker is 5:30 p.m. The last boat from San Pedro to Caye Caulker is 4:30. The last boat that leaves Belize City for San PEdro is 4:30 p.m.

Re: Where to Eat and What to See on Caye Caulker - 04/13/06 12:12 AM

The last water taxi for san pedro left at 5:30 pm a couple months ago. Don't think the schedule has changed. So dinner has to be early. There are some good places close to the pier.

Re: Where to Eat and What to See on Caye Caulker - 04/13/06 01:22 AM

What book?

Re: Where to Eat and What to See on Caye Caulker - 04/13/06 02:43 AM

BB reread my post s l o w l y
Here's everything you will ever want to know about the water taxi
http://www.gocayecaulker.com/members/ccwta.html
http://www.cayecaulkerwatertaxi.com/pages/1/index.htm
Posted By: rastapasta

Re: Where to Eat and What to See on Caye Caulker - 04/13/06 07:21 AM

A note with love......thanks everyone from all boards and all the locals and tourists that have enjoyed Rasta Pasta through the years... and expressed support and such positive energies on this board and even followed us on our wanderings and by word of mouth, directed at what we have always tried to do... I just want to give a heads up to quite a few more great eating spots here that it's almost become one day to Caye Caulker is just not enough. High end and consistently good: Don Corleone ( good breakfast and dinner nice ambience}and Habaneros for Dinner great menu and quaint.I recomend reservations for both.. Moderate yet consistent but sometimes slow... Sandbox(Open all Day Great comfort food), Rainbow .. Belizean cuisine on the water, Happy Lobster Good Breakfast), Syd's..Real Belizean Food at fair prices, Marin's Restaurant next to I & I been here ever since, Great hang out open all day Herbal Tribe. Amore Cafe a great coffee and snack stop ( AM only) Cheap treats... the little lady close to Chan's Grocery on Middle Street(AM only) for great johnny cakes with chicken or cheese and burritos mm... Glenda's (a classic) cinnamon rolls.. open till after lunch, the bakery on middle street. Aunties (aka Pirates- Best fast food on the island.(strictly to go & open all day) and can't forget the juice lady fresh squeeze by Popeye's Ms Mirna best fruit salads across from Miramar hotel, Ms Rose's creole dinners off her cart by Oceanside and The chinese restaurant bless them open till Midnight. Hope I have given a likkle credit to all since we can all work positively together which makes the day so much better.
Nuff love and respect Maralyn

Re: Where to Eat and What to See on Caye Caulker - 04/14/06 08:40 PM

I want to take a moment and say a BIG THANKS!! to everyone for giving me so much great insight to Caye Caulker. I can already see one day will hardly be enough and why many come here to spend their entire vacation. With so many friends and co-workers going high traffic, high energy places for their vacations I thank God we were told about Ambergris Caye.

Re: Where to Eat and What to See on Caye Caulker - 04/15/06 05:46 AM

Silkpainter

What a delightful lady. If you reviewed my post more slowly and were not so quick to find fault. You might notice that we posted at exactly the same time, I didn't see your post.

I was trying to help .

Your tact is as good as your service when I visted your shop twice without being helped.

Bill
Posted By: SimonB

Re: Where to Eat and What to See on Caye Caulker - 04/15/06 02:29 PM

Thanks Maralyn, it's been a while since I've been over and I'm glad to see some of my favourites are still around.

S...
Posted By: rastapasta

Re: Where to Eat and What to See on Caye Caulker - 04/15/06 08:07 PM

Belican Bill who ever you are I LOVE YOU

Re: Where to Eat and What to See on Caye Caulker - 04/15/06 08:11 PM

MARALYN ! Belikin Bill is a rascal laugh
Posted By: Bzedoll

Re: Where to Eat and What to See on Caye Caulker - 04/15/06 10:37 PM

Rasta Pasta is my Favorite!

Try the chocolate Chip Coconut Maccaroons...my mouth is watering just thinking about it...Yummmm!

Re: Where to Eat and What to See on Caye Caulker - 04/16/06 12:03 PM

Hi Maralyn

My wife and I have ate in you place on caye caulker quite a few times. Its our very favorite place to eat in Belize. Great food, people and service. In November my wife and I even had a photo taken with you and your daughter ( well and the cute little white dog in your overalls). I will email the photo to you. Hope the wedding went well.

I do understand some of the business things quite well in caye caulker. Your response on 4-15-2006 is much appreciated and we love you also laugh It made me laugh, and I do understand why you made it.

Erine is right, I can be a rascal on the message board but a truthful one and always a gentleman in person.
Posted By: J DOG

Re: Where to Eat and What to See on Caye Caulker - 04/17/06 10:30 AM

Seasquared,
Last time the wife & I went to C.C. for the day ,we just decided to spend the nite & stayed at the Rainbow Hotel, it was only $35us.
This time we are staying 3 days on C.C before going to S.P. for 8 more days.
Have a great trip!!

Re: Where to Eat and What to See on Caye Caulker - 04/17/06 11:31 AM

JDog-I was wondering the same thing. Should we just go ahead and stay a night on CC...then if we wanted we could take a taxi back whenever the next day. Maybe we need to schedule one vaca on AC and then another on CC. Seems like a good idea! Actually, I tossed that idea to my husband this weekend.

Re: Where to Eat and What to See on Caye Caulker - 04/17/06 12:44 PM

Seasquared,
I would definately just spend the nite, the day trip is just too short to get the feel for C.C.
Staying overnite you can spend about a day & a half if you want.
the round trip water taxi is still good the next day or whenever.
Even though we had our room in S.P. It was so cheap in C.C. it really did'nt matter.
9 mo sleeps & I'm there!! YEE HA!!

Re: Where to Eat and What to See on Caye Caulker - 04/17/06 01:54 PM

Lucky! We are still in the "awaiting" phase of anticipation. We will be there the first week of June. Oh well, I have a daughter graduating and a big test to study for (which I am supposed to be doing NOW) so the time will pass quickly (hopefully).

Re: Where to Eat and What to See on Caye Caulker - 04/17/06 03:14 PM

Good call Jdog I agree. Next time to Belize we are going to stay a couple of days in Caye Caulker. We looked at a few places to stay while there and liked the looks and feel of the "orange place" (seaside cabanas) just off the main pier. I think its the only place with a nice pool. Tell them you were told to "have a talk" with Tony Vega. His family owns that hotel. He a neat man that has done a lot for Caye Caulker and is very interesting to talk with.

Re: Where to Eat and What to See on Caye Caulker - 04/17/06 04:51 PM

Yeah Belikin Bill, that's where we are staying, I hear they have a great bar & happy Hour time.
Can't wait till I'm back in Paradise!!
Will look up Tony for sure, Thanks for the tip.
P.S. Rasta Pasta is closed on Wednesdays.
It is our favorite also.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board