AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: graw Ocean Academy web site / service opportunities - 01/19/12 01:24 AM
Hi all, I am a teacher in an all boys Catholic School in Ohio. I have been taking a group of students on a service trip to Honduras for the last 6 years. With the decision to pull the peace corps out of honduras because of problems with violence, ther is no way I can risk a group of High Schoolers there. I seem to remember reading about a possibility of a group service experience on Caye Caulker in connection with Ocean Academy, but when I went to the website it was no longer in service. I was really hoping someone could give me a little information about the possibilities of bringing a group to Caye Caulker or somewhere else in Belize for a service experience.

thanks for any information you can supply

Graw
You should contact:
joni miller <[email protected]>
Ocean academy is doing great things for the students!
Hi Graw,

We're in OH as well, not a bad winter, but sand in toes much preferred over toes in wool socks!

This has some info as well.

Caye Caulker
There are also some work experince partnerships with a midwetern university doing road construction in the San Pedrito area. I'll poke about in the search engine and see if there is a contact for similar kinds work on Ambergis...
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board