18th Annual Caye Caulker Lobster Fest 2013 - 04/09/13 04:29 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BrusselSprout

Re: 18th Annual Caye Caulker Lobster Fest 2013 - 04/09/13 06:25 PM

Love it.

SUPER fun event.
Posted By: Homero

Re: 18th Annual Caye Caulker Lobster Fest 2013 - 04/09/13 07:20 PM

Wish I could be there for it. It sounds like a blast!
Posted By: Marty

Re: 18th Annual Caye Caulker Lobster Fest 2013 - 05/21/13 11:46 AM

Posted By: seashell

Re: 18th Annual Caye Caulker Lobster Fest 2013 - 05/21/13 12:33 PM

All day open bar??!! For the whole weekend? Who are the live entertainers? Where does one get tickets and how much are they?

Re: 18th Annual Caye Caulker Lobster Fest 2013 - 05/23/13 06:26 AM

Re: 18th Annual Caye Caulker Lobster Fest 2013 - 05/23/13 07:16 PM

I'll try again.

Where does one get tickets?

Open bar generally means free drinks. Or at least there's a ticket for the overall venue and a portion of your ticket price goes towards your drinks.

Doesn't anyone know the weekend's program?
Posted By: MikeD

Re: 18th Annual Caye Caulker Lobster Fest 2013 - 05/23/13 11:26 PM

"all day open bar" means the bar is open all day....no free drinks, unless you cna bum some smile you can buy a ticket to the show on the day of the event. There is plenty ot drink and do outside of the show too.

Re: 18th Annual Caye Caulker Lobster Fest 2013 - 05/24/13 01:50 AM

LOL thanks MikeD. Despite my postings, I suspected as much. Last year my friends and I spent the majority of our Saturday evening at the Lazy Lizard. As we walked back to our room at evenings end was when we noticed a large tented area that appeared to be a huge party. Anyone know what we missed? Don't want to make that mistake again this year, if indeed it was a mistake at all.
Posted By: Cooper

Re: 18th Annual Caye Caulker Lobster Fest 2013 - 05/24/13 05:58 AM

That would have been the Miss Lobsterfest Pagent. Talent contest etc. Or it may have been a live music venue, they usually dont start until 10 pm..

Re: 18th Annual Caye Caulker Lobster Fest 2013 - 05/24/13 06:52 AM

I thought the pageant is on the Friday, and so have been wondering about the Saturday night entertainment. Getting info on this is like pulling hens' teeth. smile
Posted By: auxillou

Re: 18th Annual Caye Caulker Lobster Fest 2013 - 05/27/13 06:52 AM

They have a facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/cayecaulkerlobsterfest?fref=ts

I agree, Caye Caulker is WAAAAYYYYYY behind in marketing this event every year. They don't decide on a date until one month or so before the event, although the dates are quite predictable. The Fest usually ends up being the last weekend in June.

Maybe someone at the facebook page will be more helpful?

Good luck with getting more information.

Re: 18th Annual Caye Caulker Lobster Fest 2013 - 05/27/13 07:19 AM

Thanks!! I think I've been able to piece some info together. Of course the danger with that is I might have it wrong. I believe the pageant followed by a dance is on the Friday and that on Saturday evening there's a social atmosphere with DJ music in the Panama garden. Guess we'll just go with the flow.

Re: 18th Annual Caye Caulker Lobster Fest 2013 - 07/01/13 11:15 AM

Lobster Fest 2013 Gallery

Lots of photos from the 2013 Caye Caulker Lobster Fest

CLICK HERE!

Re: 18th Annual Caye Caulker Lobster Fest 2013 - 07/02/13 11:23 AM

Original Lobster Fest

Nowadays, it seems like every major tourist destination has a lobster fest but for the original, you’ve got to go to Caye Caulker.

It is a major festival, and a boost in revenue for the island and 7News went out to see how the event looked.

We also got a chance to ask the participants if they were enjoying their lobster dishes.

Juan Garoy - Representative, Madisco
"Today's special we're having the Caribbean Rum Coolers and we have them in three different flavors - Rum Mango, Rum Punch and Coco Pina."

Reporter
"Why do you think people must stop here and sample some of these products?"

Juan Garoy
"Well it's for the climate right now and you need a cooler then you need to try a Caribbean Cooler."

Celina Rodriguez - Chef
"We have the garlic butter lobster, creole lobster and the curry coconut lobster today."

Reporter
"What does this go with?"

Celina Rodriguez
"Coconut Rice and Beans and homemade tasty coleslaw."

Reporter
"You're enjoying the lobster - in fact you have enjoyed the lobster. What did you get?"

Tourist
"Grilled Lobster with coleslaw and rice and beans."

Reporter
"I'm certain you can tell us what the flavor is behind that lobster."

Tourist
"Belizean."

Reporter

"Tell us - what are you having?"

Tourist
"Lobster man! The whole lobster, this is the first one and they will be many more."

Marlon - Chef
"Right now I'm grilling some lobster for inside there because right now everybody is after lobster from yesterday."

Raul Young - Councilor, Caye Caulker Village Council
"The lobster fest everything is just local mostly based with lobster and a lot of food out here."

Neal Bradley - Member, Lobster Fest Committee
"We started Lobster Fest with the appearance of Lord Rhaburn, he did an appearance this morning for about an hour and we have Youth Connection band playing right now and later on we're going to have some games, greasy pole and then we're waiting for the guys to bring in lobster because we have a prize for the heaviest lobster."

Channel 7

Re: 18th Annual Caye Caulker Lobster Fest 2013 - 07/03/13 11:03 AM

Caye Caulker Crustacean Celebration
http://mybeautifulbelize.com/caye-caulker-crustacean-celebration/
http://ambergristoday.com/content/stories/2013/july/02/caye-caulker-comes-alive-lobster-festival
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board