AmbergrisCaye.com Home

10 days!!

Posted By: cindymc

10 days!! - 05/02/13 04:13 PM

So excited! will be in CC in ten days! I am interested in what everyone's opinion of a "must do" is..................
Posted By: MikeD

Re: 10 days!! - 05/02/13 10:52 PM

You must learn to go slow
Posted By: Dane

Re: 10 days!! - 05/03/13 12:31 AM

Rent a bike for your stay, even if you don't ride in the real world. No hills, bugs don't bite while you are wheeling, the breeze feels like air cond.
Posted By: Cookie

Re: 10 days!! - 05/03/13 01:49 AM

Take Ras Creek's tour, and do a sail/snorkel trip with Raggamuffin....hang out at the Split and don't miss the Friday afternoon jams at the Sportsbar.

Re: 10 days!! - 05/03/13 12:40 PM

hmmm......that's pretty much what I had in mind. add in some kayaking. I already know how to go slow. the world is too fast, too furious and too greedy for me. Looking for a like-minded place to go for a while, which is why i picked CC. smile
Posted By: joey2angels

Re: 10 days!! - 05/03/13 04:01 PM

Don't forget to go and see Roddy for a tattoo.
Posted By: goldpearl

Re: 10 days!! - 05/03/13 05:35 PM

Learning to go slow takes a few days. We enjoyed walking around the island. After a while sitting under the coconut trees eating ice cream was blissful. Check out the Little Kitchen for some great rooftop dining with a sunset view. The Split, the Sports Bar, Scuba Diving, a sunset cruise and trip to Lamanai all made our trip very enjoyable.

Re: 10 days!! - 05/04/13 02:22 AM

a commemorative tattoo might be a good idea!

Re: 10 days!! - 05/04/13 10:13 PM

Want to bring something for the Ocean Academy High School?
The website mentions things they need that aren't expensive or too large.
They are broke right now and do a wonderful thing on a shoestring.
Posted By: gargoyle999

Re: 10 days!! - 05/09/13 06:07 AM

Visit Anna in the evenings for some Papusa. My favorite is the 'mixed'.

Re: 10 days!! - 05/09/13 05:40 PM

Second that. It is a Costa Rican staple just lately found on the island.
Posted By: Noelle

Re: 10 days!! - 05/10/13 02:19 PM

Sadly, Anna is no longer making pupusas and I think she has left the caye. I'm not sure whether or not it's permanent.

You can go over to San Pedro for pupusas but they are nowhere near Anna's league.

Re: 10 days!! - 05/16/13 02:53 AM

I am here! Went on a snorkel tour today that was absolute heaven! Saw too much to list but one of the highlights was seeing a manatee! I bought a wooden manatee from a street vendor in honor of my trip. The natural beauty here is unbelievable. Loving it!

Re: 10 days!! - 05/16/13 02:55 AM

I am here! Went on a snorkel tour today that was absolute heaven! Saw too much to list but one of the highlights was seeing a manatee! I bought a wooden manatee from a street vendor in honor of my trip. The natural beauty here is unbelievable. Loving it!
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board