AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Updated list of people who are still missing?

Posted By: Helen

Updated list of people who are still missing? - 10/05/00 06:31 AM

Does anyone have a complete list of the names of updated people who are still missing? I want to help the people who are still looking for confirmation that their loved ones are safe, and I need a list to work with.

I've tried looking through the search list Marty started in the beginning of this, but I don't know if and when it's been edited to remove the posts regarding people who are confirmed safe and alive.

It seems like quite a few are still showing up as new subjects, and maybe if everyone posts here, we'll get a better grasp on who we're still looking for.

THANKS VERY MUCH! [Linked Image]
Posted By: Kathy in Canada

Re: Updated list of people who are still missing? - 10/05/00 06:40 AM

I am trying to keep up...usually if someone emails me with their information..i'll put it up. here's the list..though I'm sure there are alot that should be on here..that aren't.
http://www.compusmart.ab.ca/minikitty/missing.html
Posted By: Marty

Re: Updated list of people who are still missing? - 10/05/00 07:16 AM

We have a volunteer who is going thru the board, matching people who need people with people who found people.

Its like playing concentration with a HUGE board...

Big job. But we have wonderful people filling niches EVERYWHERE!

BELIZE RULES!

Re: Updated list of people who are still missing? - 10/05/00 07:25 AM

thanx to John in Vancouver! :-))))
Posted By: janicesb

Re: Updated list of people who are still missing? - 10/05/00 07:46 AM

Helen...... there are so many still not reported on....... good luck to all that are working on it and BIG thanks from all of us that are waiting...... Here are some from the Tres Cocos list that I haven't had word on. I did not originally post all of them as they had been posted already. Elma Taylor, Mary Ellen and Paul Stevens, Joyce and Mike Smith, Bob Kjolean (all of those are close neighbors). Not far N. the Mcleans. Several have been accounted for right around the Palapa Bar area ..... but beyond there still lots not heard of.... Teacher Debra and family, Miss Peggy and family.

Hope any of this helps....... thanks again...
[email protected]

Re: Updated list of people who are still missing? - 10/05/00 08:20 AM

What about Billery (Ernest)? I didn't see that one on the list, but I read a post about a few hours ago from someone searching.

Are all of the names on your lists Ambergris Caye only, or is Caye Caulker also included? Any mainlanders on the list? Are there any other lists floating around out there that you know of?

I'm waiting to hear back from someone named Marina who is looking for her stepsister and two babies (residents of Caye Caulker). She emailed me a few hours ago asking for me to get Marty's help, but she forgot to give me names. She's having computer problems and can't post here, but she offered help in updating lists of missing people. I'll post here as soon as she gives me some names.

THANKS FOR THE INFO! Please keep it coming. And PLEASE keep praying for all the missing, and especially Kay Smith's family.
Posted By: John in Vancouver, Canada

Re: Updated list of people who are still missing? - 10/05/00 08:27 AM

Many cups of tea and a 250 gm can of tobacco! I have so many windows open my poor old ViewSonic 7 looks like a piece of modern art.

P.S. I think that Kathy has retired for the evening so it may be a few hours until her pages at http://www.compusmart.ab.ca/minikitty/missing.html are updated again. Meanwhile I keep digging.

[This message has been edited by John in Vancouver, Canada (edited 10-05-2000).]

Re: Updated list of people who are still missing? - 10/05/00 08:35 AM

Kathy in Canada,

I noticed your parents (Ken & Debbie McLean) are not on your list. Have they been confirmed found and safe? I hope so!
Posted By: Madeline

Re: Updated list of people who are still missing? - 10/05/00 08:40 AM

Paul and Mary Ellen Stevens are okay. House had some damage but all is well!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Updated list of people who are still missing? - 10/05/00 02:24 PM

Thanks so much for this board Marty. Have been on here almost constantly since Saturday. My daughter Stephanie lives in San Pedro and I am still awaiting word that she is ok along with her friend Chris. She moved last week so I have no idea where in SP she is. She is a massage therapist and is also connected with the Island Academy. Got an email from her Friday night either if us knowing nothing about the storm at that time.
Posted By: moore

Re: Updated list of people who are still missing? - 10/05/00 02:27 PM

We are still waiting to hear from Beth and Neil Rogers. Their home is next door to La Playador. Any info would be greatly appreaciated. Thanks...
Posted By: Belize Mama

Re: Updated list of people who are still missing? - 10/05/00 02:32 PM

I still haven't had definitive word on Tammy Martinez who runs the Basil Jones Resort office in San Pedro. She had planned on staying there (in office) through the storm. Plans may have changed after we last heard from her the night the storm started.

Re: Updated list of people who are still missing? - 10/05/00 03:43 PM

So glad to hear Paul & Mary Ellen are O.K. Please ask Kathy to remove them from her list.

I'll make sure the others are on Kathy's list as soon as she jumps back online. She has been working very hard to keep the list updated, and I want to give her a little time to get some rest. It helps alot in recharging.

Please keep this post near the top. It's a very important subject, and I'm trying to help Marty & Kathy who have their hands full.
Posted By: Grace

Re: Updated list of people who are still missing? - 10/05/00 04:04 PM

Anyone hear from Barefoot?
Posted By: Belize Mama

Re: Updated list of people who are still missing? - 10/05/00 04:08 PM

Hey if anyone does hear from Barefoot (Tim), please ask if he has seen Tammy. He knows her well.
Thanks
Posted By: Robin Slattery

Re: Updated list of people who are still missing? - 10/05/00 04:23 PM

Anyone hear about Freddie & Marsha Waight and Bruce from BC's? I'm scouring this board with no answer that I can find.
Posted By: Jackie

Re: Updated list of people who are still missing? - 10/05/00 04:43 PM

Just took this off the board. . . . .
So glad you and mom are all right. Have been waiting anxiously for word from all of you for days. Pam Smith got word out to us today from International as she was waiting for a flight. She relieved all by saying that everyone we knew from BC's and otherwise are alright.
Posted By: Winnipeg

Re: Updated list of people who are still missing? - 10/05/00 04:47 PM

Any news about the Island Academy and teachers???

Re: Updated list of people who are still missing? - 10/05/00 05:03 PM

g'morning Helen..this coppertop is recharged and ready to go!! :-)

No..I haven't heard from my parents yet. I took them off the list since I am digging in every nook and cranny. The supposedly have been located...according to the US Embassy..but no one knows where!!!

I do have info on Barefoot Skinny..and will post it in a new topic
Posted By: Winnipeg

Re: Updated list of people who are still missing? - 10/05/00 05:19 PM

Just got word from Robert Lee who is now on the island - Charlene and pets OK. Island Academy a real mess though. "Looks like a war zone".

Re: Updated list of people who are still missing? - 10/05/00 05:58 PM

Kathy, Three more names of missing people from Caye Caulker:

Natasha Sleeuw/ Simone Marina Sleeuw/ Dimitre Gentle Sleeuw.

They are also the children of Calvin Gentle. Calvin it is not in the Island he went to London. But everybody knows the little wonderful twins. Tage has a diving shop 2 houses from the Police Station. Natasha lives across the street from him. He probable still in
the Island trying to fix his house and business.

I received this info via email from Marina, who is having computer problems and unable to post messages.

PLEASE, LET"S ALL HELP HER FIND THIS WOMAN AND HER TWO BABIES!!! Marina is so worried!

THANKS AND BLESS YOU ALL!! [Linked Image]

Re: Updated list of people who are still missing? - 10/05/00 06:08 PM

Ok helen..names have been put on...though an acutal contact would be better..i just put your name as a contact

Re: Updated list of people who are still missing? - 10/05/00 08:50 PM

Has anyone found or heard from Alphonse? Peggy and I are worried about the man - he is such a joy! Is there anything we can do from SAnta Cruz California? We were pleased to hear that Will Lala is OK - how are Beth and Javier? We know that Beth and her husband live right on the beach, not far from CV.
Michael McGuire and Peggy Shea

Re: Updated list of people who are still missing? - 10/05/00 09:28 PM

Just received word that my daughter Stephanie and Chris, her friend, are safe.
Posted By: Marina Stoev

Re: Updated list of people who are still missing? - 10/06/00 12:27 AM

Re: Updated list of people who are still missing? - 10/06/00 12:38 AM

anyone with information on the neal and marine family of caye caulker also the owners of the bakery. please post conformation on there safety. if any word e-mail me at [email protected]
-thank you
Posted By: Richard NJ

Re: Updated list of people who are still missing? - 10/06/00 12:53 AM

I have heard by email from Alida Alamilla - she is fine, and surrounded by the British Army and Emergency Committee!

However, I am still looking for news on

Amy Brown
Ann Plowman
Taff & Rose Elliott
Iraida Gonzales
Celi Jean and Jorge

If anyone has any news, please let me know.

Thanks
Posted By: Tina Pesenti

Re: Updated list of people who are still missing? - 10/06/00 01:18 AM

Helen! (Canaday?) So concerned...finally talked to Julie Valladres tonight. She suggested this web site. Please news. Are you and Woody okay? Willie? Junior? Marsha and Freddy? Much love, memories and concern, Tina and Mark
Posted By: cranebabe

Re: Updated list of people who are still missing? - 10/06/00 03:39 AM

I am trying to find the location and welfare of :

HARRY DOLE
SCOTTY HUNTER

They are the new owners of Oceanside Bar. If someone can let them know that Rebecca is hearing about everyone else they know but no one is saying a word about them! I'm beginning to get FRANTIC. They have many friends here and we love them dearly. They are free to call me collect at 602-381-1167 or 602-770-0580 asap.
Thank you for this board!

Re: Updated list of people who are still missing? - 10/06/00 07:27 AM

Kathy in Canada:
Marina's email is: [email protected]

shes looking for Natasha Sleeuw/ Simone Marina Sleeuw/ Dimitre Gentle Sleeuw
The family on Caye Caulker.

I really am worried for these people. The 2 children are twin babies. Please email me to when you receive word on them. Thanks!

To: Tina Pesenti
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm Helen Lomas in Orlando Florida. Have you received word on your frinds yet. Try going to the Search feature at top, type in exact names of each person, and reach all posts that pop up. If you get nothing, try using the partial match button. Also Kathy in Canada has lists of people who have been confirmed found.

I hope you hear soon that all you frinds are safe!
© 2022 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board