AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Phone,Water,Electric Updates POST HERE

Posted By: Bill Bellamy

Phone,Water,Electric Updates POST HERE - 10/05/00 02:02 PM

Please post any information on status of the repairs here.

Re: Phone,Water,Electric Updates POST HERE - 10/05/00 02:39 PM

If the Canadians are going to be tied up at AC for 6 weeks restoring the electricity I can bring down my team of Linemen to restore Caye Caulker. We have the capability to do the entire job from the new generator to the last connection. If our services are or could be needed post a reply back and we will make arrangements to work out the details via the telephone. My men gave me a commitment last evening and we could leave as early as Tuesday or Wednesday. My suppliers are local and also gave me their commitment to help also. Many details to work out if needed. Please reply ASAP if this is somthing needed.
One more thing. I know this Island very well from my many journeys there.It is like a second home to me.
We could also help out the local electrician with anything he needs as well.Please reply if our services are needed.
Thank you,
Wade...

[This message has been edited by Marty (edited 10-06-2000).]
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Phone,Water,Electric Updates POST HERE - 10/05/00 05:23 PM

I understand that BTL has established limited phone service at their office in San Pedro.
Please confirm.
Posted By: Lance Chancellor

Re: Phone,Water,Electric Updates POST HERE - 10/05/00 05:30 PM

Just spoke with someone in San Pedro and yes the BTL office did have fixed cellular phones in service - there were about 50 people in line 15 minutes ago waiting to make calls so it will take some time for everyone to get calls through. If I hear more I'll be sure to update....
Posted By: chuck

Re: Phone,Water,Electric Updates POST HERE - 10/05/00 05:33 PM

post asap if anyone hears-I have a wedding at the yacht club and what I saw yesterday tells me to go ahead with the wedding with power being the only issue

Re: Phone,Water,Electric Updates POST HERE - 10/05/00 05:48 PM

Re: Phone,Water,Electric Updates POST HERE - 10/05/00 08:50 PM

The latest word is that the SP Town Board has electricity. Heard that the SunBreeze also has power. They're rapidly connecting the buildings that had little damage to the electricity lines/poles.

Re: Phone,Water,Electric Updates POST HERE - 10/05/00 10:21 PM

Please post info here.
Posted By: Cayman_guy

Re: Phone,Water,Electric Updates POST HERE - 10/05/00 11:01 PM

Consolidated Water (Cayman Water Co.) sent a plane to Ambergris this morning 11am loaded with supplies to repair the water plant damage. They should have arrived a couple of hours later. I'm not sure how long it will take to get the plant back online but I'm certain they will do their best. My wife is the engineer who is taking the supplies to the plant, so we'll be able to update all on the estimated time of repairs. I hope she'll be back by tonight, the plane was a little (to much) over weight on the way there so I'm still crossing my fingers........

Re: Phone,Water,Electric Updates POST HERE - 10/05/00 11:16 PM

The Alijua Building now has power.

Re: Phone,Water,Electric Updates POST HERE - 10/05/00 11:33 PM

A Help Us Reminder:
Please post confirmed info only.
THIS IS NOT A THREAD FOR QUESTIONS.

If or when you can confirm that power, water, or telephone service has been completed at a site or area... please post here ASAP.

Or, if you are part of the crew or staff that is currently working on one of these services, and have an update, please post here ASAP.

Re: Phone,Water,Electric Updates POST HERE - 10/05/00 11:55 PM

just moving up

Re: Phone,Water,Electric Updates POST HERE - 10/05/00 11:57 PM

Hi - Just got into Belize - sitting at the Radisson with the team who are going into AC
tomorrow - as long as suplies arrive.

They estimate full electricity restoration - six weeks
Posted By: Oh Boy

Re: Phone,Water,Electric Updates POST HERE - 10/06/00 12:02 AM

Maybe this is that bad, bad, man again.
The one they call "Wacko"

Re: Phone,Water,Electric Updates POST HERE - 10/06/00 12:54 AM

Re: Phone,Water,Electric Updates POST HERE - 10/06/00 03:25 AM

Looks like there's electrical power on front street. Hooray!
Posted By: John in Vancouver, Canada

Re: Phone,Water,Electric Updates POST HERE - 10/06/00 07:34 AM

Re: Phone,Water,Electric Updates POST HERE - 10/06/00 03:14 PM

not to be pushy but I want to keep my oct 21 wedding date if at all possible.I fell in love with San Pedro 1 year ago and I don't want to run somewhere else unless I absolutely have to.Power at this point is my only concern-I saw the church and the yacht club first hand and I do believe this can still happen oct 21.I have 35-40 people coming to San Pedro so update electricity problem asap.Thanks in advance.
Chuck

Re: Phone,Water,Electric Updates POST HERE - 10/06/00 03:58 PM

Re: Phone,Water,Electric Updates POST HERE - 10/06/00 05:12 PM

Any more updates?

Re: Phone,Water,Electric Updates POST HERE - 10/06/00 06:47 PM

Posted By: Belize Mama

Re: Phone,Water,Electric Updates POST HERE - 10/06/00 07:12 PM

No word yet Chuck?
Posted By: Diveniks

Re: Phone,Water,Electric Updates POST HERE - 10/07/00 02:16 AM

^^

Re: Phone,Water,Electric Updates POST HERE - 10/07/00 04:39 AM

Re: Phone,Water,Electric Updates POST HERE - 10/07/00 06:05 AM

Re: Phone,Water,Electric Updates POST HERE - 10/07/00 04:20 PM

any updates? Please post here.

Re: Phone,Water,Electric Updates POST HERE - 10/08/00 03:33 AM

?

Re: Phone,Water,Electric Updates POST HERE - 10/08/00 09:37 AM

^

Re: Phone,Water,Electric Updates POST HERE - 10/08/00 12:56 PM

Surely, there has been some progress in he last 2 days. Please post.

Re: Phone,Water,Electric Updates POST HERE - 10/08/00 12:59 PM

Heard from my contact Ana yesterday that wasa is up and running (on generator power I assume) Lori

Re: Phone,Water,Electric Updates POST HERE - 10/08/00 01:27 PM

Yes, here is part of their posting from yesterday...

Hi, Belize Water Ltd (Consolidated Water) was up and running on Thursday on the disel
generator..had a problem getting water to the WASA storage tank but had that fixed by Friday
night...San Pedro should have water flowing through the pipes!!!!!!
Posted By: BelizeWater

Re: Phone,Water,Electric Updates POST HERE - 10/08/00 02:39 PM

Just to clearify...Belize Water who is a subsidery of Consolidated Water of Cayman is the water producer (Us-formerly SeaTec) and we sell the water to WASA (government) they in turn, pressurize it to distribute it through their pipeline...
Posted By: BelizeWater

Re: Phone,Water,Electric Updates POST HERE - 10/08/00 05:45 PM

Just to confirm, water is flowing through the main line into town, they will now begin to open up the distribution system, section by section so that they can look for breaks and repair as each section comes online

Re: Phone,Water,Electric Updates POST HERE - 10/08/00 08:44 PM

This is good news. Hats off to these guys for their prompt repairs. Thank you.

Re: Phone,Water,Electric Updates POST HERE - 10/09/00 02:55 AM

^

Re: Phone,Water,Electric Updates POST HERE - 10/09/00 11:50 AM

Any updates?
Someone mentioned they now have electricity on middle street?

Re: Phone,Water,Electric Updates POST HERE - 10/10/00 12:39 PM

Telephone service has been restored to some areas. I called San Pedro yesterday and spoke to friends.

Re: Phone,Water,Electric Updates POST HERE - 10/10/00 04:18 PM

Consolidated Water Reports Minimal Damage to Company Facilities From Hurricane Keith

GEORGE TOWN, Cayman Islands, B.W.I., Monday October 9, 8:18 pm Eastern Time -- Consolidated Water Co. Ltd., which develops and operates seawater conversion plants and water distribution systems in areas where natural supplies of drinking (i.e., potable) water are scarce, today reported only modest damage to its facilities on Ambergris Caye, Belize, from Hurricane Keith. The Company's seawater conversion plant has resumed operations and is delivering fresh water to the Water & Sewerage Authority (``WASA'') of the Government of Belize that has commenced limited distribution through WASA's public water distribution system to 'downtown' San Pedro. The system is now being checked, section by section, and reopened when any necessary repairs are completed.

``Despite reports of 135 mile-per-hour winds and extensive flooding on parts of the island, our plant building sustained no substantial damage,'' reported Jeffrey Parker, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Consolidated Water Co. Ltd. ``We had about three feet of standing flood water inside the building, but clean up was completed on Tuesday and the plant was successfully restarted on Thursday afternoon.''

``While many homes on the island suffered substantial damage, it appears that most of the hotels and resort facilities came through the storm in fairly good shape,'' continued Parker. ``Although we may experience some reduction in demand for water deliveries on Ambergris Caye during the clean-up period, we do not expect such disruption to have a material adverse impact upon our Company's consolidated operations.''

In July 2000, Consolidated Water Co. Ltd. acquired SeaTec Belize Ltd. (since renamed Belize Water Limited), which operates a reverse osmosis seawater conversion plant on Ambergris Caye in Belize, Central America. Ambergris Caye is the largest of approximately 200 islands located off the mainland of Belize, and its economy has benefited from the growing popularity of the island as a resort and scuba diving destination for American and international tourists.

Consolidated Water Co. Ltd. intends to develop and operate seawater conversion plants and water distribution systems in areas of the world where naturally-occurring supplies of potable water are scarce or nonexistent. It currently operates a public water utility in certain areas of the Cayman Islands under a 20-year exclusive license from the Government of the Cayman Islands. The Company also operates a reverse osmosis seawater conversion facility on Ambergris Caye off the mainland of Belize, and has signed contracts for an operation in the Commonwealth of the Bahamas.

For further information, please contact:
Alexander S. Bodden, VP Finance
at (345) 945-4277 or via e-mail
at [email protected]

or RJ Falkner & Company, Inc., Investor Relations Counsel
at (800) 377-9893 or via e-mail
at [email protected]

Consolidated Water Co. Ltd. Press Release
Posted By: Marty

Re: Phone,Water,Electric Updates POST HERE - 10/10/00 04:51 PM

we spoke directly with George Wong, Head of WASA, and their
services