AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Mervino Native San Pedranos - 10/05/00 10:00 PM
May this be a new thread for information on native San Pedranos only? Feel free to post the names of those about whom you wish to inquire.

I will pass the information along here if I confirm their safety; but, if I should happen to learn the identity of any injured person, I will not post it until certain that the family is notified.

Please, if you should happen to hear the identity of an injured (native) San Pedano, do not post it here or anywhere else.

Instead you may email me: [email protected].

You may also phone me: 713 864 5635.

ADDED 06 Oct 2000:

If I get any information independent of the Message Board, I will post it in this thread and also in the "I'm OKAY Register" thread which I opened this morning.

PLEASE enter any good news you get in both threads. That will help searchers so much.

Thanks.

Mervin (Mervino) Key.

[This message has been edited by Mervino (edited 10-06-2000).]
Posted By: Mervino Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/05/00 10:04 PM
I'll start the list off with two names of my own: Fidel Ancona and family; and, Eiden Salazar and family.

Mervino.
Posted By: JAYBZE Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/05/00 10:07 PM
Eiden Salazar and Family are ok. I spoke to him yesterday and they are rebuilding in good spirits. Their home is ok as well.
Posted By: margarita Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/05/00 10:16 PM
Capt Luz Guerrero Family
Estel Worthington Family
Sam Gonzalez Family
Thank You for any information.
Posted By: susangg Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/05/00 10:25 PM
Checking on Alex and Jerry from Caribe del Sol, their families, their homes and their boats...How are they?
Posted By: AEK Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/05/00 10:29 PM
Trying to get information on Marlon Waight. He is a dive instructor at the dive shop affiliated with Ramon's Village. Please advise. Thanks!
Posted By: Bill Bellamy Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/05/00 10:31 PM
Angel & Ligia Nunez
Perlita & Dorian Nunez
Lincoln Eiley & Family
Raul(Coco), Eloy Gonzales & families
Jose Gomez & family
Posted By: rafi312 Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/05/00 10:33 PM
Please confirm that Ellsworth Sutherland and family are all accounted for and okay.
Also looking for David Singh.
Posted By: JAYBZE Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/05/00 10:36 PM
Angel, Ligia, Perlita & Dorian Nunez are all ok, they moved to Chico Gomez's during the storm. Their house is ok. Their glass doors blew off the house but landed fully in tact so the only damage their house suffered was water damage. They themselves are fine and enjoying candle light dinner according to their cousin, David Marin. [Linked Image]
Posted By: CasaHolChan Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/05/00 10:39 PM
We are also concerned about:
Lincoln Eiley and family
Muraldo and Gladys ?, their niece and her son - they are the caretakers at Casa HolChan on the Southern end of the island - if Lincoln is found he should know about Muraldo as he would contact Lincoln with news of the house and their wellbeing
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/05/00 10:45 PM
I have been worried about Horace, Sara and Ivey Bladen. Horace is a dive master, Sara works at the dive shop at Caribe Island and her parents own Bunman. Her father also works for Tropic Air. I am sure they are safe, based on the reports, but I would like to send anything they need. So, if anyone sees them or hears anything about them or their families and the condition of their home, I would so appreciate hearing it.
Thank you so much for taking the time to share the info you have all learned. We have family and friends in Belize and have found this site to be the best source for info.
Thanks again!
Posted By: grand10s Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/05/00 10:48 PM
Has anyone seen/talked to Carlos Alejos, Freddie Gonzalez or Maria (Casa Tortuga) ?

[This message has been edited by grand10s (edited 10-05-2000).]
Posted By: betsy Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/05/00 10:53 PM
Any news on the folks associated with the Coral Beach Hotel and Dive Shop? - Foremans, Eileys, etc.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/05/00 10:56 PM
I AM LOOKING FOR CONFIRMATION THAT GEORGE BRADLEY FAMILY LOST THEIR HOME, BOATS, AND EVERYTHING....?????
=============
i heard they lost a ton. search the board by Bradley you will find the post
Marty

[This message has been edited by Marty (edited 10-05-2000).]
Posted By: Madeline Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/05/00 10:56 PM
The Ack brothers, Gerry and Alex along with their families rode the storm out with Eduardo Brown Jr. Family. All is well. I donot know the status of Gerry's house.
Posted By: JAYBZE Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/05/00 10:56 PM
The folks at Coral Beach are all my cousins/Aunts/Uncles.. I'm Jayson Forman, their nephew. Horace is also my cousin. They are all fine. They are working on reconstructing the roof of the hotel and helping out the neighbors and those needing a place to stay.

They are all well and extremely busy as you can imagine.

[This message has been edited by JAYBZE (edited 10-05-2000).]
Posted By: vkrohn Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/05/00 11:02 PM
Very worried about my maid and her family as they live in San Pedrito. Their names are Leonor Nob, Ramiro Reyes, and they have two boys and a little girl. If anybody sees them please let me know they are OK.

Thanks,

Virginia Krohn
Belizean Reef
Posted By: betsy Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/05/00 11:06 PM
JAYBZE

Hallelujah! You made my day with the good news on my friends. Send my love.
Posted By: nikita Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/05/00 11:09 PM
Any news on rodrigo lopez from the paradise resort hotel would be greatly appreciated..thanks.
Posted By: moonrise Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/05/00 11:11 PM
Any information on Lincoln Eiley and family, or Charles Payne or Mary Hawthorne?
Thanks.
Posted By: gatorgirl Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/05/00 11:15 PM
Hi,
I have been e-mailing Conchita Flota a teacher at SPHS, and Angel Nunez the principal at SPHS. I was to bring them a "wish list" for the school this Saturday. Since my parents haven't heard if we are going to be allowed into San Pedro yet, I'm not sure what to do.
Please let me know if they are okay.
~Anne
Posted By: JAYBZE Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/05/00 11:15 PM
In one of yesterday's postings I read that Mary Hawthorne was very much alive and well and trying to deal with the damages on her end of the island.
Posted By: JAYBZE Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/05/00 11:16 PM
Don't know about Conchita Flota, but read my above posting about Angel Nunez & family.
Posted By: HolleyinColorado Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/05/00 11:21 PM
Please let me know if Renen Rodriguez and Tulu Villanueva and their families are ok. Renen works at Estelles and Tulu is a divemaster. Thanks!
Posted By: Bill Bellamy Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/05/00 11:22 PM
Please reply with info on

Fidel Ancona & Family
Posted By: JAYBZE Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/05/00 11:23 PM
Tulu Villanueva is my cousin (you will soon find out that full blooded San Pedranos have half the island as their blood relatives [Linked Image] He is ok and so is his family. However, I'm not sure about his boat. I know for a fact that my father's boat was destroyed and I believe that they had their boats either next to each other or close to each other.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/05/00 11:25 PM
JAYBZE
I am on the edge of my seat. Please confirm that Horace Bladen and family are OK. No major damage to home?
Thanks so much!
Posted By: staceyhspva9 Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/05/00 11:27 PM
I am looing for infromation on Berlioz Rubio, he goes by Rubio though, his brother Teddy. and some of the other island teenage guys. Raul,Giovanni,Keith,Peter,Loidy Alfonz,Hueberto. ALot of the guys sell knecklaces on the island by the Library. I just want to make sure they are all right. If you happen to know them tell them that Stacey and there friends in Houston are praying for them. THanks so much you are awesome!!
Posted By: JAYBZE Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/05/00 11:27 PM
Horace Bladen, Sara & The Sundermans are all ok. I'm not too sure about the Sunderman's house. They vacated as they were too close to the beach, but my cousin and his wife and kids are all ok
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/05/00 11:29 PM
Here is a list of my San Pedrano friends that I have accounted for re my friend Ana

Secundino Gonzalez Sr. and family, o.k. and little damage to their house on Pescador dr. by power plant

Secundion Gonzalez Jr. & family all o.k. with roof damage to his San Pablo home as well as other damage but repairable

Alberto Gonzalez - his new house had some damage but held strong!! - his little house got flooded out

Freddie Gonzalez, Kim & Gutzy Gonzalez and Karim ok with damage to house but not totalled

Foreman's Tulu etc. all o.k.

Hope this allays some fears! I will be going back to San Pedro on Sunday any one wishing to send messages please send to [email protected] up until Saturday night at 12 p.m. Belize time. I will print them off and distribute in San Pedro
Posted By: Mervino Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/05/00 11:30 PM
Thanks to all for entries. From them I have already learned good news about several dear friends: Eiden Salazar (of what used to be Jenny's Store across from Mervino's Hole in the Wall) and family; Angel Nunez (the High School Principal) and family; the Forman family at Coral Beach; and, by inference from David Marin, the rest of the Marin Family.

Several of you mentioned others whom I too am interested in knowing about. Particularly my old (young) employee buddy, Freddie Gonzalez and his father, Samuel.

Glad to know you Jay, I knew and admired Alan Foreman much and had lots of good times at his Tackle Box.

Eveyone kep coming with the good news.

Mervino
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/05/00 11:33 PM
Please ask Gach Guerrero from Amigo's Travel how is everyone doing? I've been in touch with a missionary in Belmopan and he has kept me informed during the whole ordeal. I received news from Ilda that the family is fine. I'm also wondering about my parents'home and their situation there? I know most of the people in San Pedro and most are my family. I want them to know we've been praying throughout. San Pedranos are very blessed and tough, they'll be back on their feet as soon as they can. Love, Deanna
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/05/00 11:38 PM
looking for Christina and Patrick( he is a dive instructor) and there small babies. Thomas Sharp, Ian and Lourdes oh I can't think of how to spell their last name~ Salzidar or is it Salzilar~ can't remember, Ian is my families pastor. Also a seamstress and my mothers house manager ~ Elsa
Posted By: JAYBZE Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/05/00 11:43 PM
Ian Saldivar & family are ok. As you can imagine, he has his hands full taking care of his family as well as working around the clock with BTL trying to restore communications. That was definitely one of the names that David Marin reported to me as our conversation only lasted about 25 mins.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/05/00 11:48 PM
JAYBZE
I can't thank you enough! My husband was worried that Horace may have been on an overnight trip! If you get the chance, please tell them that Bob & Jill from Houston are ready to send ANYTHING they need. Thank you again for taking the time to respond!
Posted By: Mervino Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/05/00 11:49 PM
To Lori: Freddie and Gutzi okay. Yippee! Tell Freddie thanks again for me - he'll know for what. Gutzi - tell him that I'm sorry I didn't recognize him right away the last time we spied each other, but remind him that he was a little slow himself.

I won't burden you with passing out messages - there would be daamn many.

But, please mention me to any San Pedrano you meet (above the age of thirty-five) and, in particular, to Fidel, Eiden, Freddie, Gutzi, Samuel, both Chicos, Wil (Fidolito, Maggie & Peseta Rivera, and .... I better quit before I hurt someone's feelings.

Viva San Pedro,
Mervino Key.
Posted By: JAYBZE Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/05/00 11:51 PM
Will do when & if I get a chance to speak to them. Horace works with my brother Sylvin. They had been very busy with overnight trips but as the storm approached, they cancelled all dive trips and concentrated on trying to secure the boats on the back of the lagoon. The last I heard on Saturday was that my father fell overboard while taking his boat to the back of the lagoon and it wasn't until yesterday that I found out that he was alive and well, but his boat didn't make it. Not that the boat matters to me at all at this point, I was just glad to hear he was alive. I am sure that they are in that long line at BTL waiting to use the phone once to call me and tell me that everything's ok. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/06/00 12:04 AM
Bill
Spoke to my husband who was in SP for the storm. Coco, Eloy & Tino Gonzales and their families are all ok.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/06/00 12:07 AM
anyone seen E.Rosa Portillo? Her house is across the street from the Boat Yard.
Posted By: janicesb Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/06/00 12:08 AM
THANX a million Jay for the news on all your family !!! Have been waiting and watching hoping to hear :-) ........ the crazy americans with the little rubber boats, Janice and Roger (friends of Tulu and Miss Elma). We look forward to seeing you ALL in Feb. as usual ! We may not be able to get there to help now, but we'll bring plent of money when we come :-) !!! We're with you ALL..... j
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/06/00 12:13 AM
How is Clive Forman?
Posted By: Mervino Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/06/00 12:17 AM
Wilfrido Nunez, Jr., (el maestro-Fido's son?
Chico Flores (bartender, handy-man, ex-band meember)?
All the dive bunch at Amigos del Mar?
Felipe Paz (Tio Pil?)?

More later - keeping higher on the board!!
Posted By: mazzullo1 Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/06/00 12:25 AM
I'm looking for word about Luis Caliz and his family (he is a boatsman/fisherman/tourist guide with Ramon Guerrero on the backside of San Pedro). Are they all right? They live in San Pedrito: did they lose their house?
Posted By: Marty Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/06/00 01:37 AM
Posted By: Mervino Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/06/00 01:41 AM
Servero Guerrero and family.
Posted By: Mervino Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/06/00 02:30 AM
Richie Woods?
Posted By: Mervino Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/06/00 02:31 AM
Richie Woods?
Posted By: Laguna Punta Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/06/00 03:00 AM
Thanks for this thread. Mi amigo Celestino Garcia of the old Dr Elmer property between airstrip and lagoon. Any one here of the lonely place, Laguna Punta, on da water? The buildings next to the strip, Dr Elmers old place and the old wooden 6 plex. Piasano. Lupe Lopez and family in San Pedrito. General condition os San Pedrito. The yellow Tri-Hull, Canario and houseboat, Familytime, on canal next to Garcia. [email protected]

[This message has been edited by Bill Thornton (edited 10-09-2000).]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/06/00 03:04 AM
Please let me know if Rudy Duran and his family are ok. He is a divemaster for Bottom Time. We are praying for them.
Posted By: John in Vancouver, Canada Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/06/00 03:17 AM
For those looking for people on this thread you MIGHT find the info you want on "Ambergris People Seen" at //ambergriscaye.com/message/Forum2/HTML/001582.html Sure hope it help! You might also try a search //ambergriscaye.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi?action=intro&default=2 for the names and see what pops up. Good luck to you and them!
Posted By: McenroeD Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/06/00 03:36 AM
Dear Mervino-

We are friends of Wil Nunez and his family. We were wondering and hoping that the Wil Nunez you were refering in your earlier posting is the Wil from (Wil and Friends) and the husband of Sandra and the father of Gina and Stephanie. If so, we heard yesterday from Lucette in Florida (a friend of Gina's) that Wil, Sandra, Granddma, Gina, Giovanni, Eduardo (Wayo), Stephanie and the kids were all fine. They rode the storm out at Wils house. If you were talking about another Wilo Nunez we hope that you are able to locate him.
Sincerely,

Diana and Mike McEnroe

[This message has been edited by McenroeD (edited 10-05-2000).]
Posted By: Belize Mama Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/06/00 03:46 AM
Bill just reminded me again...is Paisano okay? Did someone watch out for him and take him in? His house (if you can call it that) looked ready to fall by itself a long time ago...let alone with Keith's help.

[This message has been edited by Belize Mama (edited 10-05-2000).]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/06/00 03:55 AM
Lou Martinez. Tammy Martinez husband from
Basil JOnes
thanks for any info

Also Daniel Acosta and family. He is with
the health dept.
Posted By: Lorna Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/06/00 03:55 AM
Desperately seeking information about Abbie Marin and family. Specifically if he and his father managed to secure their boats and how their home came through the storm.
Posted By: Mervino Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/06/00 04:20 AM
To McenroeD:

Thanks much, Diane and Mike. Yep, that's my Wil Nunez, who was my landlord (and my favorite musician)when I lived where he lives now.

I guess, and hope, that Grandma means Fina.

By the way, Wil is still my favorite musician.

Thanks again for the news.

Mervino.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/06/00 04:34 AM
MARVINO,
WHAT COUNTS AS A NATIVE? MY DAD JIM WADE HAS BEEN THERE FOR YEARS. HE HAS NOT PHONED U.S. YET. MY SISTER AND THE GIRLS CALLED TODAY. DO NOT KNOW WHERE DAD LIVES ONLY THAT YOU NEED A WATER TAXI, ON THE NORTH SIDE, AND THAT JIM PENTINGTON'S PLACE OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT WAS MENTIONED. WE NEED TO FIND HIM. MY AUNT IS REALLY WORRIED AND HIS CHILDREN ARE TOO. PLEASE DO WHAT YOU CAN. ALL IS APPRECIATED GREATLY. KEEPING THE FAITH
YVETTE
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/06/00 04:53 AM
Mervino - Richie accounted for???
Posted By: Mervino Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/06/00 05:18 AM
JAYBZE or anyone else:

Norman and Geoge Eiley?
Posted By: Mervino Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/06/00 05:18 AM
JAYBZE or anyone else:

Norman and Geoge Eiley?
Posted By: mazzullo1 Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/06/00 05:48 AM
No one has mentioned the fellas from Bacalar Chico Reserve (Samos, Jason, Victor and Mahil). Does anyone know if they are alright, or if they are still up at San Juan?
Posted By: jpmaillard Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/06/00 05:52 AM
I heard two days ago from Marty that they were OK, probably in town?
Posted By: Eleanor Ponce Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/06/00 06:06 AM
I'm still waiting to hear about a lot of people out there like Ivo at Fido's, France, Elise and Eve at Mayan Princess has a daughter here in Fort Collins who was going back with me and is WAITING to hear that her MOM is WELL! What ABOUT Richie and Paisano?
I saw Lane in the pix Marty posted - and she looked great - I could even see the house where I rent an apt. in the background, but I still think about all the glass at CyberCoffee and all the stuff inside people could USE .... Wish we had more contact with the island. Hopefully it won't be too much longer if Sheila already has power.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/06/00 06:15 AM
Has anyone heard from Gricel and Enrique? Both work at Mata Chica and live in San Pedro. We have tried e-mail and have gotten no response and are worried!
Posted By: A Friend Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/06/00 06:17 AM
any news on Armando....water taxi business when I lived there
Posted By: McenroeD Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/06/00 06:32 AM
Lorna, I hope this gets through to you. I'm not very good at this techno stuff. Diana and I have been wondering and worrying about you, Abbie and many other friends on AC for a number of days now. It's so frustrating not being able to find out about everyone. We're glad you're safe and I'm sure Abbie will be calling as soon as he can. Please let us know as soon as you hear something. E- mail us at [email protected] Hope to hear from you real soon!!!! Mike (and Diana) McEnroe
Posted By: tophat Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/06/00 01:50 PM
We recieved an e-mail from Elvi Guerrero in Merida that the Staines family is all ok including her grandmother, Mrs. Elvi. The resturant and her home lost its roof, Dimas and Gloria's home was flooded with mud and water. The top floor of her uncle Enrique's townhouse bldg. was damaged. But most important the whole family was ok she said.
Posted By: Mervino Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/06/00 02:30 PM
I am not yet getting any information except through this board. Any information about safety I get (in other ways)will be posted in this thread right away.

Thanks to all for the good information that has been passed along already.

Mervino.
Posted By: shabetty Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/06/00 03:26 PM
Any information on the Munguia family please contact their son at [email protected]
Posted By: tim c Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/06/00 04:14 PM
E. Rosa Portillo is o.k.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/06/00 04:29 PM
Thanks for the word on ROSA, glad she is o.k.
Posted By: JAYBZE Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/06/00 05:04 PM
Of course Susan & Norman are ok [Linked Image]. You know Susan is probably one of the strongest and determined women on the island.. besides.. she's my cousin!! [Linked Image]). I got word that they are all ok through Vicki.

STAINES family are also ok. Elvi's kitchen sustained major damage mostly because of their thatch roof, but the family are all ok.
Posted By: BlueWater Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/06/00 05:07 PM
Any news of Tommy Paz Jr. and family would be most appreciated!
Posted By: iluvbelize Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/06/00 06:05 PM
Mr. Mike Bouloy? Anyone seen him and his family?
Posted By: Mervino Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/06/00 06:08 PM
HELP on this and the "I'm OKAY Register" thread too. Please.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/06/00 06:59 PM
Lorna is in Hong Kong. Lorna e-mailed to say that Abbie and his family are ok, no word of damage.

Any word on :

Melanie and Changa Paz
Eddie Alamilla
the crew at Amigos Del Mar
Ali and Alonzo at EP
Posted By: Lorna Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/07/00 02:01 AM
I have read several messages that state Melanie, Changa, and the kids are fine, as well as the rest of the excellent people of Amigos Del Mar. The dock remained, minus the far end, and the dive shop is there minus a bit of roofing. I also read that Ali & Alonzo are fine, and El Pescador sustained damage to the buildings on the west side, which would be Ali's house and the staff quarters.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/07/00 03:56 AM
Looking for Rubio and Erminia Salazar
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/07/00 04:09 AM
Thanks to all that have worked so hard to keep us informed. I have been reading all the messages but still have not seen Lily's listed at all. I would really like to hear that they are ok. We visited and stayed with the people of San Pedro last summer with the dance company. Any news about any members of miss lily's dance company would be much appreciated. What of Bradly's? Are they ok? What about Roxy? Much love to all...
Posted By: Boulder Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/07/00 04:13 AM
Any word on Teacher Debra, her daughter and granddaughter? Juan, the caretaker for Wolski's (Pirate House at Buena Vista)??
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/07/00 04:18 AM
How about Emma and Ricky Jurado and their family? Findley Haladay and his family?
Posted By: hannah Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/07/00 04:32 AM
I've heard that Pete Lopez is safe but what about Olga and kids? And our friend Donovan who works/worked at Ramon's? Has anyone heard how he is?
From Tres Cocos area:
How are Mr. and Mrs. Roches, and Pablo from Paul & Mary Ellen's, Ruby from the Palapa Bar, Danillo, and William from Elma's?
We are worried about all of these friends. If anyone has heard anything please respond.
Thank You, Dana Harmel
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/07/00 05:37 AM
We have been watching this site quite closely for the last week. Still haven't seen any word on our friends Carlos Rodriquez and Elli and kids and Eduardo Brown(Dido)and Barbara, nor Alfonso Graniel and family. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Mike and Diana McEnroe --Please E-mail us at [email protected]
==================
I feel real certain they are all fine, I know the Graniels are safe.

[This message has been edited by Marty (edited 10-07-2000).]
Posted By: emie Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/07/00 08:40 AM
Hi Ms Lorie,
My name is Emie and i am Emma's daughter and Ricky's sister. I am in tampa. i think i met you for dinner at my house over the summer. Anyway, i talked to mommy today and she said everyone is fine. there was minimal damge to the house( a few shingles off)but the business got a little more. For the person inquiring about Lily's, the people who run and own it are my family. They were with mommy during the storm, so they are fine- tio pil, tia bina, lily, luis, lilian anf luisana. not quite sure about the status of the hotel. As for the people asking about the brownx- Eli, Eduardo, Barbara etc. ispoke to my best friend, eli's younger sister, dulce. she said everyones's fine but i think eli's new house is gone. thank you all for worrying and i hope to have eased your mind.
emieb
Posted By: Marty Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/07/00 08:51 AM
Graniels' Varelas, Arceo's, Forman's, Guerrero's, Gonzales', Rivero's, Leslie's, Ancona's, Salazar's, all fine.
Posted By: Mervino Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/07/00 04:53 PM
And the good news keeps rolling in!!

Thanks Marty and all for your help.

To JAYBZE:

Your cousin Susan Eiley and her hubby Norman were two of my favorite people when I lived in San Pedro. Not only because she did my laundry and he built me some great furniture, but because of .... since you know them, you'll know the rest.

I had a long coversation with Susan when I visited (after 13 years of longing) last August.

When you talk with her, please remind her of the dirty trick I played on her when the Lions were roaming the island for contributions to the Mexico Earthquake Fund.

If you want to hear the story first, email me ([email protected]).
Posted By: janice Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/08/00 04:38 AM
any news on Patrick & Christine & family? So glad to hear that Ian & Lourdes and family are all right. Thomas & Lydia and family? What about any others from that church?
Posted By: janicesb Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/08/00 05:08 AM
GREAT news Dana .....about 'William' :-) Valentine !! not only is he ok, but his home made it thru also :-) :-) :-) He has been out to help out Elma as he has for so many years...... a wonderful man :-)

Haven't heard any news on Danillo or Ruby as yet....... but Rashell and Keith were due back today so hoping to get a full report soon on everyone in Tres Cocos :-)

janice
Posted By: Marty Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/08/00 08:38 AM
-
Posted By: Rick & Deborah Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/08/00 10:27 AM
Trying to find out about Dorothy, Justo & family at Casa Bonita...any word appreciated
Posted By: Rick & Deborah Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/08/00 11:59 AM
Seeking info on Cliff and Joanna who live directly north of The Green Parrot.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/08/00 01:12 PM
Any way to find out about someone inCorozal? Looking for Alfreida Miguel. She lives in the little house on the hill not far from the hospital and the Corozal eye clinic, She is also the red cross contact there and takes care of the eye clinic when our medical teams are not there.
Posted By: ChampAusTx Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/08/00 01:40 PM
Glad to hear that Ian Zaldivar and wife are ok. Anyone hear about Liborio Azueta and wife Julie? Im sure Captain Roberto and the Winnine Estelle were in the Rio Dulce? Please let me know if you have heard anything from these folks? JayBze you must be Michael eiley? thanks again for all the info
Posted By: [email protected] Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/09/00 01:42 AM
any word on rastafarins who live in the back, lagoon side of airstrip..ernest billary [woodcarver], willie castildo[bottle collector], chico[bartender], jason marin, shaggy, bud, mike, herbert, rosie from fidos? been asking for days. cheri
Posted By: Mervino Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/09/00 05:20 AM
Keep up the great work please.

Are we still looking for Jim Wade?
Posted By: Sailor Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/09/00 06:31 AM
Anybody seen Cindy Lou Bradley around town?
Posted By: Daemyon Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/09/00 07:37 PM
JAYBZE,
If you talk to Sylvin any time soon, ask him if he's seen Chedd from Hustler's lately...he was renting a room right up the block from the statue of San Pedro, and I'm hoping the house held up!
Thanks,
Emile
Posted By: YVETTE FITZCHARLES Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/09/00 08:16 PM
YES!!!! WE ARE STILL LOOKING FOR JIM WADE.
PLEASE REPLY IF SEEN OR HEARD FROM HIM.
[email protected] YVETTE'S EMAIL. WE NEED HIM TO CALL HOME. 281-684-4557 YVETTE'S CELL, CALL PEGGY OR MOTHER. THANX MARVINO, HOPE THE NEWS IS GOOD. OOOOXXXX YVETTE
Posted By: YVETTE FITZCHARLES Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/09/00 08:27 PM
YES!!!!! MERVINO WE ARE STILL LOOKING FOR JIM WADE. PLEASE IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING PLEASE LET ME KNOW [email protected]. THIS IS HIS DAUGHTER YVETTE. OR POST A MESSAGE. GOSH I JUST LOVE TECHNOLOGY AND THIS BOARD. MY HEART IS POUNDING SO HARD. EVERYONE HAS DONE SUCH A GOOD JOB. THNX YVETTE
Posted By: YVETTE FITZCHARLES Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/09/00 08:33 PM
SORRY, GUYS, I AM AT WORK AND GOT DISTRACTED DIDN'T REALIZE THE OTHER MESSAGE WENT THRU. I GUESS IT CANT HURT TO DOUBLE POST SUCH AN URGENT MESSAGE. YF
Posted By: Mervino Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/09/00 10:14 PM
To Yvette:

It's no big thing, but if you wish to delete the second message (or the apology) just click on the "edit" function at the top of the message.

Thanks for your entry,
Mervino.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/09/00 11:53 PM
Clive Forman is my cousin and he is fine. he is working along with the Formans in rebuilding the roof of the Coral Beach Hotel. All the Forman's, Arceo's, Leslie's and Eiley's are all fine and accounted for. We are all very busy rebuilding our beautiful island.

If any person wishes to inquire about these families e-mail me at [email protected].
Posted By: Mervino Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/10/00 12:15 AM
I just received an email from Mariana Ancona, Fidel Ancona's daughter, to tell me that all is well with her family.

A Happier Mervino.
Posted By: Jim Wade's Little Sister Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/10/00 02:01 AM
Hey Mervino:

My name is Peggy and yes we are still looking to see if Jim made it through another one. I know it's hard for him to get into town to call us, but if someone will just let us know they have seen him walking, or even stumbling around, please let us know. He's the only brother I've got and yeah, there's somebody out there that loves Jim Wade. Thanks for your help. My e-mail address is [email protected].
Posted By: Mervino Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/10/00 03:27 AM
To Peggy:

There are lots of folks on that island who love Jim Wade.

I've sent out some feelers for him and am sure we'll hear something soon about which bar (or substitute therefor) he;s holed up in.

Mervino.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/10/00 03:46 AM
MERVINO,
THANX FOR YOUR HELP ON THIS. WE KNOW THAT HE (JIM) WILL BE OK. I JUST HOPE THAT HE IS NOT OUT THERE THINKING WE ARE NOT DOING A THING TO TRY TO HELP HIM. THE TEARS ARE HERE. I AM NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO WRITE ANY MORE. I JUST WISH I COULD TELL HIM EVERYTHING'S GONNA BE FINE. BUT CAPT MORGAN'S PROBABLY TOLD HIM ALREADY. I AM GOING TO READ SOMEMORE OF THE BOARD, KISS MY CHILDREN AND PRAY FOR ALL OF THOSE THERE IN BELIZE. YVETTE
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/10/00 04:43 AM
Mervino- Do you have any word on Severro Guerrero and family? Thanks
Posted By: Stephi Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/10/00 05:06 AM
Does anyone know if the "Rum Punch" and George & crew are A-O.K. or not?
Posted By: rosigame Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/10/00 08:29 PM
Hi
I am elizabeth and i work for mrs lane. Thank you for worrying about us. Sari had to leave due to sum circunstances but we are fine want to know more please email me at [email protected]
Posted By: Belize Mama Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/10/00 08:31 PM
yfitz and Peggy...hoping you saw the post that said someone had seen "Jim Wade drinking a beer."
Posted By: Belize Mama Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/10/00 08:35 PM
Look at the thread "From Milo Paz" for info (a little bit) about Jim Wade. [Linked Image] Hope this helps.
Posted By: Mervino Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/10/00 09:05 PM
That person who saw Jim Wade drinking a beer today (10 Oct 2000) was Milo Paz, Jr.

If either he or his dad says he saw Jim Wade drinking beer, he saw Jim wade drinking beer.

It's very good to hear that not so far fetched news (please pardon the double entendre).

Mervino.
Posted By: Patwoods Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/10/00 09:12 PM
Rudy Duran and all his family is fine.
He lost his home but did not lose his apartment that he rents out. But, said that he did not want to ask the renters to move as they would have no place to go.
Posted By: Celeste Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/10/00 09:18 PM
Rudy and Ricardo Duran and their families are fine, but lost all of their belongings. The roofs of their houses are gone.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/10/00 09:59 PM
Celeste - sang with you a couple of times. Hope you and yours are well. Any news on Amy Brown, Bruce and Charlene from BC's?
Posted By: Mervino Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/11/00 04:35 AM
Peggy -

Please let us know (here) that you read the good news about your big brother, Jim Wade.
Posted By: susangg Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/11/00 09:17 AM
This is frustrating, especially given some of the awful rumors, which I have no idea whether to believe or not without facts.
There are a lot of people I would like to ask about but I don't know their last names, and in some cases, I don't remember their names at all (too much data in my head, when I shake it, some of it falls out of the holes or maybe I'm just tired...)
1. The owners and staff of The Reef restaurant. The owners live next door and have unusual pets. I am drawing a blank on their names......but its after 1 AM. One of the guys who works there is named Adiel but I don't know his last name, sorry....
2. The Garifuna band brothers and cousins, etc. (No names come forth here either, sorry..)
3. Junior who works with Gaz Cooper. I know his last name but I can't remember it right now. He's tall, with a beautiful smile and besides being a dive master is a basketball player.
4. All my step-daughters' friends on the soccer team, including Landy and Landy's family. I will ask her to tell me all the names that I can't remember next time I see her, but its too late to do it tonight.
5. Minnie's Squires' family.
6. Joe _____ ? With the interesting hairdo. Another one of my stepdaughter's friends but I don't remember his last name. He does construction work and sometimes works on some of the dive boats. He used to work for Eduardo Brown a long time ago.
(Yes, I've looked on the "OK" list and either these people aren't on it or I am missing them for lack of a last name....)
Posted By: cparsons Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/11/00 03:40 PM
I am looking for information on the following people and their families--
Miguel Alamilla
Florencio Acosta
Felix Ayuso
Jody and Jessie Leslie
Liz S. (teacher at New Horizons)
Lydia Guerrara
The people at Bacalar Chico and Hol Chan Reserves
Posted By: blonzila Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/11/00 05:24 PM
Could anyone tell me if Kim and the gang at Holiday Hotel are doing ok since the storm? I and several others have tried to get in touch with them and to no avail! Can someone help, please!? I am quite concerned!
Posted By: PeggyC Re: Native San Pedranos - 10/11/00 07:36 PM
Mervino, JAYBZE and anyone else in the know:
We would like word on the Gomez family and Rubies Hotel - Romel Sr. Esther, Vidi, Nesto, Tere, Ruby and Juan and all the little ones. Any information is MUCH appreciated !!
Thanks to you all on this message board who have been doing so much to help.
Peggy Cabe in Denver
[email protected]
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board