AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Anonymous Karen & Darrell's house on Caulker / Sandbox Tom - 10/10/00 02:46 AM
I'm Darrell's daughter and checking on his house status for him. Karen & Darrell's house is on the very south end of the island with the arch in front. I would appreciate any details on his house and property to relay back to him, I'm seeing him on Wednesday. If anyone has any messages for him, I'll be sure to pass those along as well.

He's also wondering how Sandbox Tom and Mary Jo are doing.

There are fantastic messages and pictures on here, it sure helps ease the anxiety of not knowing what's happening. Good luck to everyone!
Haven't seen anything here on Darell & Karens house but have seen that Sandbox was flooded downstairs yet relatively minor damage. Mary Jo's been serving meals to all she can apparently.
I am hans,
we are darrels and karens neighbours. We own (hopefully still) the little white wooden house with a red roof between darrels and renatos house. We dont know too much about that area in the south. But people told us that they have seen our house still standing while pssing by boat. but this is not a really secure information. I had a phonecall to a friend living at caye caulker (uncle louis - he is right now in san ignacio) he will go back to caye caulker this week and another friend with a dig-camera will join him to make some pics from our house. I will ask him to shoot some from darrels and renatos house also.
If I get any furhter informatione I will let you know. Please do the same if you get some news.
hans and annette from germany
say hallo to darrel and karen and tell them, that we´ve been may be very lucky because keith came from north-west and our houses are secured by hundreds of mangroves from that side. Now we should help the poorer people on the island who lost everything, like the fishermen and the poorer people on the westside of Caye Caulker.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Karen & Darrell's house on Caulker / Sandbox Tom - 10/10/00 02:37 PM
I am curious if anyone knows how Porfilio (Piggy) Guzman and family made it through this storm. They live across from Patty and OJ. I saw a pic of OJ so I am to believe they survived in that neighborhood. If you have any news at all please post it.
Thank you,
Wade...
hallo
today we got the message that our house is ok. so i guess that karens and darrels house will be ok as well, his house is much bigger and stronger than ours and it is on concreat post.

I will may be get some pictures within the next days. If i got them i will post them here.

very lucky hans and annette
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Karen & Darrell's house on Caulker / Sandbox Tom - 10/12/00 04:07 PM
Glad to hear your house is ok.

I got another report that his house was still standing (which I kind of expected, after much of the reading on where the damage was). I saw him last night and he was happy to hear from you.

I gave him lots of pics and messages from this site, he really appreciates all of the info everyone is providing.

Good luck to you!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Karen & Darrell's house on Caulker / Sandbox Tom - 10/12/00 08:17 PM
Nate, are you the Nate from Seattle are that was on Caye Caulker last summer?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Karen & Darrell's house on Caulker / Sandbox Tom - 10/12/00 08:59 PM
Anxious -- just heard from a friend in CC that Tom and Mary have been truly busy doing exemplary civic work feeding everyone. They're doing okay. ;D
hi anxious,
please tell darell, that I ask a friend to go to caye caulker and shot some pictures of our house, but also from darrels and renatos house. As soon as i get seem, i will posts them to you.
hans
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Karen & Darrell's house on Caulker / Sandbox Tom - 10/12/00 10:14 PM
Hello anxious:
Please give my love Karen and Darrell ... I'm glad to hear your dream house is still a reality! Karen you'll remember this Lithuanian Canadian woman if you simply call my name out loud ....
* stella

my email is:
[email protected]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Karen & Darrell's house on Caulker / Sandbox Tom - 10/12/00 11:56 PM
anxious -- if you hear from Karen, tell her that her gutsy pal at the Sandbox, who dared had her hair done in corn rows (LOL) sends her love. I heard from a friend that their house at CC sustained very minor damage -- Thank God for that. Also, tell her I tried to reach her in Bellevue but they were out of town -- now I lost her phone number! Hopefully, they'll come online soon.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Karen & Darrell's house on Caulker / Sandbox Tom - 10/13/00 02:39 PM
*stella - Karen loved hearing from you! I saw her last night! She's going to mail you a letter (postal - not email).

Gutsy Pal - Darrell's step-father passed away, so that's why they're in Bellevue. They'll be back late Sat, so try calling her on Sun! Email me at [email protected] and I'll give you their phone number. You say their home sustained "very minor damage." Any details on what that is? Shingles off, etc?

I'll post this message separately as well, but if anyone sees Tom & Mary Jo from the Sandbox, please ask them to call Darrell on Sunday.

Also, does anyone know Renato's email (I'll also do a "search" for it on this site). D&K's neighbors in Bellevue have email and I also told them that they can go online at the libraries, so they may attempt to dabble in it (ooh!).

Darrell & Karen asked me to send a message to give their best to all of the brave souls on Caulker and that their thoughts and love are with you all!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board