AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Offbeat toms hotel and Frenchies diving - 10/10/00 02:34 PM
Hello,
We are planning to bring a group of tourist to Caye Caulker at the end of this month. Does anybody know how Toms Hotel and Frenchies Diving weathered the storm and if they are operational? We would still like to come to Caye Caulker and help to get the island back on their feet with some tourist dollars.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: toms hotel and Frenchies diving - 10/10/00 03:51 PM
Hello, I was there during the hurricane and spoke with Frenchie as he was the only one on the island that had a cell phone. His scuba shack took some damage to it but still stands. His house which is what saved us from the high winds of the hurricane seemed to be fine. We got one of his boats out and another took some damage. When i left the island last thursday he said he would be up and running in a couple of weeks. I hope this help some as for the tom's place i have no idea but i recomend COSTA MAYA CABANNAS. Again frenchie did survive pretty well and i think he will be ready for you soon.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: toms hotel and Frenchies diving - 10/10/00 05:06 PM
Tom's Hotel, with its new cement main building, fared well during the storm. Tom and Zeida hosted many islanders during the storm in the new building. It's pretty loud during a a 25 knot gust; I can't even imagine what it was like early last week!

Fran Dwight
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board