AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Edd Books needed? - 10/11/00 06:56 PM
I just got a call from a business associate that is an executive with Barnes & Noble. They might be able to arrange for shipment of some books if we can determine who to send them to, and what is needed. Is there any sort of public library in San Pedro? How about in the schools? Is this a need that B&N might be able to fill? Anybody have a contact in SP that might be able to find out if a need exists?
Posted By: Marty Re: Books needed? - 10/11/00 06:59 PM
there is a library, Mary Beissner runs it, [email protected]. Not sure if her email is working yet. I know the high school is receiving email, try Conchita at [email protected].

i just emailed them both also

[This message has been edited by Marty (edited 10-11-2000).]
Posted By: Marty Re: Books needed? - 10/14/00 05:49 PM
The school needs books bad. they lost 95%

Ed- can barnes and noble help?

i'm trying to get a list of needs from the grade school and the high school.

[This message has been edited by Marty (edited 10-14-2000).]
Posted By: Edd Re: Books needed? - 10/15/00 12:21 AM
You bet they can help, and they want to. I have an offer of help from a senior executive that has brought this matter directly to the attention of the B&N CEO. His instructions were to get a list of needs and immediately report back to the CEO. I'm to contact the CEO tomorrow. Any assistance you can provide to obtain a list of needs from the schools and libraries on both islands would be appreciated. I've already been in contact with Conchita at the High School, and she's getting me a list for that school. You can contact me at [email protected]
Edd Haskins
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board