AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: rafi312 Marty and Sandshaker - Please read - 10/12/00 09:32 PM
I can get whatever medicine is needed if you can let a doc in San Pedro know to write down what is needed. They will need to fax the letter, and I have a working fax machine at an office on front street that they can use.
Thanks,
Ryan Sheffield
713-467-6885
Posted By: Sandshaker Re: Marty and Sandshaker - Please read - 10/12/00 09:37 PM
GREAT!!!!!
Where is the fax machine on Front St.?
Posted By: Marty Re: Marty and Sandshaker - Please read - 10/12/00 10:55 PM
Tammy is getting a list.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Marty and Sandshaker - Please read - 10/12/00 11:26 PM
I would love to see that list too, as I'm approaching pharma companies here in Toronto like a mad woman !!!
Posted By: Marty Re: Marty and Sandshaker - Please read - 10/12/00 11:50 PM
we will post it here...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Marty and Sandshaker - Please read - 10/13/00 02:14 AM
Should we expect a thread called "Drugs for Belize?" Isn't that ironic!
Posted By: Belize Mama Re: Marty and Sandshaker - Please read - 10/13/00 03:21 AM
ROTFLMAO Captain Ron
Posted By: Marty Re: Marty and Sandshaker - Please read - 10/13/00 04:12 AM
(Biaxin)is good. They are amply stocked with Amoxicillin. I wouldn't bring that. It may just expire and that would be bad.

The Ped. Advil, Tylenol, Motrin....all of these can be used for sure.

Also some Ped. Liquid Benedryl and cough medicine.

Some bottles of Ocean Spray (0.9% NACL) nasal spray....or similar non-brand...Saline spray is saline spray. I know Walmart has it for about a buck each.

Pediolyte.....Thank GOD!...just in time..they have about 5 bottles left.

Formula...yes

That is really about all they need at this point as far as Pediatric meds. There were a few items they mentioned that are needed but not pediatric:

2%Miconazole Nitrate anti-fungal cream

Imodium Tablets, liquid..whatever can be found.

Antacids

and a very unusal drug that may not even be available in the states. It is for the burrowing parasite worm. There are cases showing up now and they have none of this medicine...so it's pretty important. This is usually just a Caribbean problem so you may not be able to find it. It's called:

thiaibendazole tablets (anti-parasytic)

pediatric liquid Tylenol or Motrin. These can always be used and is usually prescribed when fever is involved.....which is most of the time.
I don't know if anyone could get a hold of one....but one of those thermal ear thermometers with the tip covers too would be absolutely great. This would also help with infection control.

Right now all they have are glass thermometers and they are sterilized and soaked in Alcohol. We are taking temps axillary (under the arm).

A pediatric resusitation bag with different sized masks would be great too.

If any one has the heart to part with a pulse oximeter...we would be forever grateful. There is a small one called Onyx..fits in the palm of your hand.
Just please make sure the batteries work

Pediolyte is definately a winner!

Pediatric antibiotics. Tetanus.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board