AmbergrisCaye.com Home

UPDATE ON NEEDS

Posted By: Sandshaker

UPDATE ON NEEDS - 10/17/00 06:28 PM

Here's an update on items needed:

Lanterns and batteries
(flourescent kind work great)

Safe cookstoves
(if sending the coleman type that uses disposable gas bottles....please make sure to include the adaptors that convert it to LP gas tanks. These are NOT available here)

Family Sized Tents
(must hold 4-6 people. Smaller ones are of no use. These will be used for entire families)

Folding cots
(small canvas army kind are good)

Pillows, lightweight blankets, sheets, lightweight towels.
(remember these people are washing by hand. The lighter weight towels are functional and easier to wash) (It's hot here..so heavy blankets aren't necessary)

Diapers, diaper pins, rubber pants would be a plus.
(cloth diapers are one size fits all..just fold, are easy to wash and don't fill up the land fill)

Thanks for all that has been done already!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: UPDATE ON NEEDS - 10/17/00 06:53 PM

Can I send some of these items to the City Council for distribution -- via General Delivery okay?
Posted By: Marty

Re: UPDATE ON NEEDS - 10/17/00 07:16 PM

Yes, or ship to Dallas Rick Frantz, his address is in the DONATE TO THE TOWN COUNCIL thread...
Posted By: Sandshaker

Re: UPDATE ON NEEDS - 10/17/00 07:25 PM

You need to send it to

Belize Hurricane Relief Fund
c/o Honorable Patty Arceo
San Pedro
Ambergris Caye
Belize, C.A.

The duty has been cleared on packages sent to this address.

If you could send me an email if you do this, I can let Patty know it is coming so she can make arrangements to pick it up.
Thanks

[email protected]
Posted By: Marbee

Re: UPDATE ON NEEDS - 10/17/00 11:03 PM

According to Coleman Corp Donations, they are only giving to locals to the Wichita, KS area. Is there Belizian concerned people in Wichita than could make this happen? The contact person is Mary Dreiling at 316-832-2536.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board