AmbergrisCaye.com Home
If anyone finds out about any news out of Big Falls could you please pass it on. I taught summer camp there this past summer and miss everyone so. I heard news that the medical clinic and the school were the only things standing. I have seen 2 pictures one of the rice mill and one of a heap of boards. I will be headed there in Dec/Jan to take supplies we are collecting now at my school. Thank you to everyone helping!
big falls is pretty devastated. i've been in contact with some of my friends there. pete alemans is still standing and apparently some of the more modern houses just lost their roofs. most of the Maya's houses are really damaged though. my friend wrote me this: It was a category 4 with 140 miles hr wind and the damage of the area to homes is unbelievable. There are no injuries and fatalities but 95 % of homes have been destroyed.

i'm going there in less than 2 weeks (to big falls) if you give me your e-mail address, i can write you when i get home on the 6th of november with the news.
Oh I would love it if you would like to keep in contact. I wish I was going too but I can't just yet. We stayed at the Aleman's guest house. I also stayed with the Baki family and was present for the death of their 9 y/o son. They are my second family. Do you live in IL. My sis lives in Chicago.
Email [email protected]
Thanks,
Sarah
//ambergriscaye.com/message/Forum7/HTML/000385.html

are pics of the big falls area

[This message has been edited by Marty (edited 10-14-2001).]
Thanks I'll check it out.
yes, i do live in illinois. i know the alemans very well. e-mail me: [email protected]

[This message has been edited by quaxiru (edited 10-15-2001).]
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board