AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Chris Fido's bash, over 10,500US raised so far - 10/14/01 07:24 PM
$10,500US raised so far, money still coming in.

Credit for the idea of the fundraiser goes to Peter Lawrence. He thought of it last week and organised British Army transportation for the food to Ian Anderson's food kitchen in the Toledo district where it is needed most. On Saturday morning Peter was in Belize City buying about $3000.00US worth of food and other supplies with money already pledged.

A massive "Thanks" goes to Jennifer Mc. for securing a single donation of $5000.00US...an awesome feat of persuasion!
A Huge Thank-You also go to Malcom Hitchcock of Fido's for getting booze donated, and getting his great staff to work for free. A Massive Thanks goes to his bartenders who even gave up their tips to the cause.

Kudo's to the various musicians for jamming like crazy throughout the night. I never knew old people had that much endurance! They looked like they had a great time supporting a great cause.

Huge Thanks go to Phil and Marie of Gecko Graphics for doing all the promotional printing for the bash free...great job!

And of course Thanks to all who donated time, money or prizes to the cause.

A British Army truck is already on its way down to Toledo and more shopping will be done Monday and Tuesday with much more in the way of critically needed supplies to reach the folk who need it most.
Posted By: ckocian Re: Fido's bash, over 10,500US raised so far - 10/14/01 07:39 PM
Awesome! Outstanding!
Posted By: Marty Re: Fido's bash, over 10,500US raised so far - 10/14/01 07:41 PM
Incredible!!!!!
WAY TO GO!!!!

here's some pics: //AmbergrisCaye.com/placencia/shindig.html
Posted By: susangg Re: Fido's bash, over 10,500US raised so far - 10/14/01 09:08 PM
Wowee, congratulations!!! I wish I could have been there!

Susan Guberman-Garcia
[email protected]
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board