AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Anonymous Fox crew - 10/02/00 12:47 AM
I'm one of the producers of the show Temptation that just finished shooting on Amerbris Caye. I believe many of the crew did not make it off the island and are still in various resorts: Journey's End, Sun Diver's, and maybe Captain Morgan's and Mata Chica. I saw a post about Sun Diver's. Does anyone have any news about anyone else, or the other resorts?
Posted By: Canadian Sister Re: Fox crew - 10/02/00 12:55 AM
Dave my name Is Arianna Scott the owners are my parents. My father in england and i have not heard anything from sundiver for about 4 or 5 hours now. I will update this thread as soon as we hear anything. Hope all is well there I know that my mom, sister and brother in law are doing everything they can to keep the fox people comfortable as possible.
Posted By: denverdan Re: Fox crew - 10/02/00 01:19 AM
Dave,
Check further down on this page for "People and conditions at Sundiver" I belive it mentions many of the people you are looking for.
Posted By: Diveniks Re: Fox crew - 10/02/00 01:31 AM
Dave...
Hope all of your crew is safe...
Also hope that after having the opportunity to use that beautiful setting for the production of the show, that Fox Network is one of the first to jump in with relief aid. Is always nice when we see our more privileged conglomerates being the first to do what's right!!
Look forward to viewing in January! And will look forward to being on the island in a couple of weeks to do what we can!!
Dave...again hope all your crew is safe and
would sure be nice to read on this board what Fox is doing!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fox crew - 10/02/00 01:52 AM
Dave,
I am the Fox behind the scenes cameraman that was shooting about a week ago on AC with your production company. I will update you with any information I hear and if there is anything I can do here in LA please let me know. I am sure your crew will be safe and have some good
tales to tell when this is all over. I can be reached at (661) 294-1169
Ed Riley
Posted By: bwruble Re: Fox crew - 10/02/00 05:39 AM
My daughter is Amy Wruble of the FOX crew. I know she is still on Ambergris, or at least had SAT 1330 EDT tel. msg to that effect. Does anybody know her hotel.

Would appreciate email with any info on her location or condition. Thanks.

Brian Wruble
[email protected]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fox crew - 10/02/00 05:45 AM
My Sister is Yamit Shimonovitz on the Fox Crew. I hope you guys are fine. If anyone on the island somehow gets this please inform her.

Yamit hope your ok, Love bro [email protected]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fox crew - 10/02/00 05:55 AM
Looking for info on Michael and Carolyn Applebaum. Michael was a cameraman for Fox and Temptations. Carolyn, daughter-in-law is 6 months pregnant. I think they were in San Pedro but don't know where. Worried father. Email me at [email protected]. Carolyn met Michael on Friday for a weekend vacation????
Posted By: [email protected] Re: Fox crew - 10/02/00 06:03 AM
Dear Dave,
If you are reading this board, please email me back at [email protected]
I need to talk with you about what we want to do there in BELIZE. You have the connections and I have alot of connections here in dallas/ft. worth, I need your help. Thanks for listening. Rick and Cheri
Posted By: JOSEL45 Re: Fox crew - 10/02/00 06:37 AM
BRIAN, I WAS APART OF THE FOX CREW FILMING IN AMBERGRIS, AND IF IM NOT MISTAKEN I BELIEVE YOUR DAUGHTER AMY IS STAYING AT CAPTAIN MORGANS, OR ESSENE WAY.

[This message has been edited by JOSEL45 (edited 10-02-2000).]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fox crew - 10/02/00 06:45 AM
Has anyone heard the whereabouts of Riel Paley,who was working with the fox crew?
Posted By: bwruble Re: Fox crew - 10/02/00 11:58 AM
Thanks for info on Amy. Any take on how well the hotels on Ambergris are likely to withstand wind and/or storm surge? Brian
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fox crew - 10/02/00 12:41 PM
Dave!

Jay Miracle is one of your directors on the show. He was staying at Journey's End. I am his girlfriend and petrified! Please contact me at (818)501-6251 or email [email protected] or here!

thank you,
Lenore Andriel
Posted By: noapple Re: Fox crew - 10/02/00 04:01 PM
Heard indirectly by phone from Michael and Carolyn Applebaum and they are fine. He was a cameraman with Fox. They are in a cement building with a leaky roof. It will probably be several days before they can leave. One telephone and a long line. Should be encouraging news for all.
Bobby Applebaum
Posted By: Canadian Sister Re: Fox crew - 10/02/00 04:11 PM
The fox crew staying at Sundiver have been in contact my dad spoke with my mom this mornign and everyone is good a few small cuts and bruises but all is well that ends well. I will continue to post on this chain as i get information and i will try to get a more complete list.
Posted By: Canadian Sister Re: Fox crew - 10/02/00 04:43 PM
I will be recievig a complete list via email form Sundiver in about an hour i just spoke with them and everyone is fine. If someone could get me the number to the embassy i will call them when i get the list. The list will include names and mubers and email address of people the fox crew want contacted so as soon as I have the list i wil;l start making phone calls and writing emails. But if someone could please give me the number to the embassy so i can call them with the list I would appreciate it
thanks
Arianna Scott
Jay and Kathryns youngest daughter
Sundiver beahc resort
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fox crew - 10/02/00 04:47 PM
any news from the fox crew who was at caye villa. Still lookinf for news on Sean Mckelvey.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fox crew - 10/02/00 04:53 PM
Arianna Scott the number for the State Department taskforce hotline is 202-647-0900 that is the best way to get info to the US embassy personnel on-site in Belize City.
Posted By: Canadian Sister Re: Fox crew - 10/02/00 04:56 PM
Sorry Caye villas are right beside Sundiver and the owners of sundiver live in caye villas they are all also fine i will have a complete list soon i hope.
Arianna Scott
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fox crew - 10/02/00 05:13 PM
Hey I heard from Seam Nckelvey with the Fox crew. I didnt' speak to him dierctly he left me a message at my house. He said that they are all fine and safe. Winds are slowing down. I will be calling those parent's whose numbers I have to give them the good the news. Thanks.
Posted By: bwruble Re: Fox crew - 10/02/00 05:19 PM
I just spoke with David Yost at FOX. he tells me a call came out of Sun Diver about 2hrs ago, and he has the impression people were ok. That squares with other reports about that group. He confirmed my daughter, Amy Wruble was at Journeys End. A call came from there abt 2PM local time YESTERDAY, and everything was pretty good. No hard news since then. If anyone gets real info on the
current situation at Journeys End, please post same and, if you could contact me --- either [email protected] or tel. 212-579-6682.

Thanks.
Posted By: noapple Re: Fox crew - 10/02/00 05:31 PM
Heard from Michael Applebaum at 9:40 a.m. CDT. A cameraman with Fox at Caye Villas next to Sundivers. He reports he and his wife and my future (in 3 months) grandson are fine, in a cement building, food and water available, one phone, long line, and probably will not be able to get out for a few days. No running water or power. Getting ready to bathe in the swimming pool. Good news overall.

Bobby Applebaum
[email protected]
Posted By: KRatnayake Re: Fox crew - 10/02/00 05:43 PM
I know you have contacts all over San Pedro. We are trying to get some information about our datugher 'Ana' who is a medical student at St Matthews. She lives at Rommy's place and there are another 3-4 students with her, BJ, Erik. Any infomration regarding Rommys place or the medical students will be appreciated.

Ana's Mother

Kumu
Posted By: Sharon Nickels Re: Fox crew - 10/02/00 05:59 PM
My niece whose in-laws own Essene Way, told me Saturday night that the Fox people had come to their resort and she and her husband have put them up there. Now the big question is--how much water is on the island? I have ham radio operators working and trying to get us information.
Posted By: David516 Re: Fox crew - 10/02/00 07:17 PM
I just got off the phone with the relocated US Embassy in Belize City. They have moved to the ambassador's residence. The storm is now centered over them and the airport, which means that the rescue plane still cannot get in. The good news is that they have had indirect communication through Belize's National Emergency Management Organization with a ham operator on Ambergris Caye. As of the last transmission, there have been no reported fatalities or even emergency medical needs.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fox crew - 10/02/00 07:39 PM
My daughter is Kelly Weinhart and we last heard from her Saturday morning. She is at Journey's End. They were fine, but understandably scared. If anyone hears about her, please let post a response.

I spoke to someone at the State Department about 10:00am this morning and they are aware that there is a Fox Production group on Ambergris Caye. They will go over to help them as soon as the hurricane moves enough.
Posted By: Marty Re: Fox crew - 10/02/00 07:40 PM
Help My Uncle buddy & Aunt K (Captain Buddy) on your show? They are missing
at sea. they Are aboard the Jenny. The Coast Guard has a beacon on them off
the reef. If you hear anything PLEASE e-mial me or call me ASAP. The Coast
guard is supposed to send a rescue plane as soon as the wind dies down. We
may know more then. Last word from them was 4pm Sunday the boat was taking on
water.
My email address is [email protected] my phone number is 816-455-5186.
Thanking you in advance for any help you can give.
Laurie Lantz
Kansas City Missouri
Posted By: bwruble Re: Fox crew - 10/02/00 07:48 PM
My daughter, Amy Wruble, is also believed to be at Journeys End, also with the FOX crew. My take at the moment is that we are pretty sure Sun Diver has no serious casualties and cell phone messages are coming out of there from time-to-time. The storm is waning. I am told by a couple of people familiar with the area that Journeys End is well constructed and unlikely to be in worse shape than Sun Diver. However, absent real word, we have to conced that we just don't know.

Brian Wruble
Posted By: Q Re: Fox crew - 10/02/00 08:19 PM
Hello all. My name is Bill McCuistion and I own "Casa Mata", the large house just north of Sundiver. Over the past two weeks a number of the Fox crew stayed there. I have been trying to follow these posts, but of course the information is sketchy, at best.

Should anyone have information to share off-line, I can be reached in Houston at 713-524-9459. My email is "[email protected]".

I will be going down most likely as soon as transportation can be arranged. Any special requests, other than the obvious crowbars and medical supplies, can be forwarded to me. I know that the community around that part of the island is very resourceful and cooperative. I assume that all the smaller boats have been lost, so it will be difficult to get from San Pedro to the Mata Grande area, especially with all the debris that is likely to have built-up on the beaches.

I may be able to call on some friends who own large amphibous cargo planes (e.g. the Grumman Albatross fleet), to bring in supplies from Houston. It may be the only way to land if the airstrip is a mess. They can make the trip from Houston once the weather clears up a bit. I will post updates on this idea once I talk to the aircraft owners.
Posted By: David516 Re: Fox crew - 10/02/00 08:22 PM
LATE BREAKING NEWS FROM FOX PEOPLE AT JOURNEY'S END

We just spoke to Tom Colamaria at Journey's End. He says they are all fine. By his count there are 10 people at Journey's End and 30 people at Sundiver, the other locations including Belize City, he is unaware of. The people Tom has seen are:
Amy Wruble
Chris Skipinski
Kelly Weinhart
Kevin Spicer
Joel Watson
Sam Korkis
Allison Taupier
Jeff Taupier

Also, Tom wanted to pass along that Beth, Chase and Paul are fine.

[This message has been edited by David516 (edited 10-02-2000).]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fox crew - 10/02/00 08:35 PM
David516,

Thanks for the good news. Given how slowly this hurricane is moving did he happen to mention whether they have a supply of water and/or food?

Thanks again.
Jackson N. Henry
(Kelly Weinhart's dad)
Posted By: David516 Re: Fox crew - 10/02/00 08:55 PM
Sorry I can't confirm any more information other than what was posted previously. The conversation was brief and static-filled.

Let's hope they've seen the worst of it.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fox crew - 10/02/00 10:02 PM
We just heard from our daughter Kelly Weinhart at the Journey's End. The connection was not a good one. She said they are in a room or rooms on the second floor. They have a supply of some food and water but apparently not a lot.

It is still raining and blowing a lot but not as bad as before. There is some talk about moving to the Sundiver. Personallly I hope they do not attempt this. They would have to wade through trash strewn water and be vulnerable to a sudden storm.

They have heard that there may be a barge to come pick them up since all of the docks are gone. I sure hope so!

Jackson N. Henry
Posted By: David516 Re: Fox crew - 10/02/00 11:54 PM
This is a repost from Canadian Sister in another folder:

THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE ARE AT SUNDIVER BEACH RESORT AND ARE ALL FINE IN GOOD SPIRITS AND HELPING AS MUH AS POSSIBLE:
TAZMARA, CONNOR, AND ROSS GOWANS
kATHRYN SCOTT
FRANK, JORDIE, AND JANET (FRANKS HAD IS HURT BUT HE IS OKAY)
ERIN AYCOCK
JUSTIN DUDEK
KIRSTEN ANDERSON
AARON MURPHY
PIGGY THOMAS
HANK HENDERSON
RAY AND ROBERT ERBEZNIK
SEAN McKELVY
STACY BENIDICT
YAMIT SHIMONOVITZ
PAUL OLINDE
MIKE AND CAROLYN APPLEBAUM (MOM AND BABY ARE FIEN AND MOMS NURSING SKILLS ARE COMMING IN HANDY)
JANET PRICE
CHRIS AND JENNIFER LANE
MIKE ST. HILAIRE
SCOTT HEADBOLOM
JULIE FLECKENSTEIN
GLEN TAYLER
TIM HARLEND
BETH HUMPHREYS
ALLEN PARKS
ALBERT FRIGONE
CHRIS GRAVES
ALI FARHAT
JR VECERRA
MATT KENEDY
DEAN ELLIOT
BRIAN HAILFLEY
BOB AND DIANE CAMBELL ( BOTH ARE WELL AND WORKING HARD)
AT JOURNEYS END (MY BROTHER IN LAW WENT DOWN THERE EARLIER TODAY AND GOT A LIST ALL FORM ESSENE WAY ARE NOW BACK AT JE)
AMY WURBLE
RIEL PALE
KELLY W
JEFF AND ALISON TAUPER
VALERY LOW
CHRIS SKIPINSKI
MIND AND KYLE A COUPLE ON THEIR HONEY MOON

HOUSES BETWEEN sUNDIVER AND JE
- RICK PISEL
-CABIMAQANA
-DENNIS RUSSEL WANT MARY HAWTHORN TO KNOW HE IS OKAY

mESSAGE FROM SUNDIVER REGARDLESS OF WHAT CNN IS REPROTING AMBERGRIS CAYE IS STILL THERE AND WITH THE EXCEPTION OF SOME STRUCTURAL DAMAGE ALL IS FINE THEY ARE ALL WORKING HARD AND TRYING TO PREPARE FOR THE NIGHT. CALLS WILL BE MADE WHEN POSSIBLE.
IF YOU HAVE SPECIFIC QUESTIONS POST AND I WILL TRY TO ANSWER FROM WHAT I KNOW AND ASK WHEN THEY CALL AGAIN.
Posted By: shevloff Re: Fox crew - 10/03/00 01:06 AM
In addition to the information posted by Arianna (Canadian sister) here are some other people that are at either Sundiver or Journey's End. This information came from Tazmara at Sundiver via Arianna but is not on the list:

Joel Watson - Sundiver
Tom Colamaria - Sundiver
Kevin Spicer - Journey's End
Chris Skopinski - Journey's End
Sam Korkis - Journey's End

Preston Sharp, Christopher Sharp & Alan Blassberg are all believed to be at Essene Way but we are still waiting to hear from there.

If you think that anybody else from the FOX crew should be on this list please contact us (Michael Shevloff or David Yost) at 323 - 436 2300.

We are also in contact with the state department and have forwarded a list of all of our crew's names and contact numbers (as well as anybody that we have heard about who is with our crew). The state department are assuring us that they are doing everything they can and will let us know when they have any new information.

To reiterate what we have been told by Tazmira - The Sundiver is not flooded and has food and water as well as power when the generator is running. They were able to call us. They say they are fine.

We know that a couple of people went from the Sundiver to Journey's End. The people there are also okay.

We will keep posting any information as we get it.
Posted By: david yost Re: Fox crew - 10/03/00 02:47 AM
Two additional people added to are list of people found are:

Ann Cherico - Maruba Resort
Alan Blassberg - Maruba Reort

We have sent an updated list of the FOX Crew and other American's in these resorts to the State Department.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fox crew - 10/03/00 05:47 AM
From the Frigone/Serrao family, hope all is well... hang in there. Our relative there is Albert Frigone at The Sundiver. If anyone is close to him or can get in touch with him let him know that our thoughts and prayers are with him and all the stranded people enduring Hurricane Keith. You will all return home safe.
Posted By: Kathy in Canada Re: Fox crew - 10/03/00 06:14 AM
Posted By: david yost Re: Fox crew - 10/03/00 12:05 PM
Just spoke with the state department and was told they are getting prepared to take recovery efforts. First will be the OFDA, which is five people who will do a fly by of the island to survey the damage and see if it is possible to land at San Pedro's Airport. The defense department has 12 people on standby (Humanitarian Support Team)in Honduras waiting for further word. Hopefully things will begin in the next cople of hours as they were waiting on light.

Also we have located one more of our crew members:

Preston Sharp - @ Capricorn's

My understanding is that he has had radio contact with the Crew at Sundiver.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fox crew - 10/03/00 07:20 PM
Just spoke with the State Department. They do not have any specific information on the Fox crew but they do know that people are leaving the island and going to the airport in Belize City. He said the Ambergris and San Pedro airports are open.

There are currently no commercial flights out of Belize City but the airport is open for C-130's etc. He said they would probably not start commercial flights until tomorrow. If there are more passengers than the commercial flights can handle, the state department could charter some planes to help.

Still no phone service except for cell phones.

Jackson
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fox crew - 10/03/00 11:50 PM
Latest conversation with State Department about 2:00pm today gave conflicting status of Belize City airport. He did not believe it was open yet. They believe there is someone on Ambergrise Caye from Fox who is coordinating the evacuation to Belize City. He stated that American Airlines will be sending in planes tomorrow morning if the airport is open. The state Department does not currently have anyone going to the island coordinating the evacuation. They are clearly relying on "word of mouth." Scary, given there are no phones working in Belize.

We have not heard anything from Kelly for 24 hours now. Has anyone heard from anybody?

Jackson
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board