AmbergrisCaye.com Home

San Pedro

Posted By: Mary

San Pedro - 10/02/00 03:37 PM

Just received a report that Corona del Mar on San Pedro lost its third story (a concrete building).
Posted By: Kathy in Canada

Re: San Pedro - 10/02/00 03:42 PM

where is that exactly? My parents were at the Belize Yacht club in San Pedro Town..a two level concrete building
Posted By: native

Re: San Pedro - 10/02/00 03:47 PM

Marty, I cannot tell you how much your constant updates helps. I read that there was a brief call from Caulker, please, please any other contact. I am glad that there is report of no casualties. My parents and brother with his family is still there and we are very concerned. Thank you and God Bless to everyone.
Posted By: McenroeD

Re: San Pedro - 10/02/00 03:58 PM

Mary-
How did you get the information on Corona Del Mar?

Was it wind or water or both that took the 3rd story?

Is that area of San Pedro under water?
Posted By: Kit

Re: San Pedro - 10/02/00 04:07 PM

The third story of Corona del Mar (Woody's) was just added on last year and really is not part of the original building. Doubt if it was water, although as I recall it has a flat roof and may have collapsed from the weight of the rain water.
Posted By: McenroeD

Re: San Pedro - 10/02/00 04:16 PM

Hey Kit is that you?

Did you live @ the hide away?
Posted By: Mervino

Re: San Pedro - 10/02/00 04:17 PM

You find Corona Del Mar (Woody's joint) 1n the drop box on the ambergriscaye.com home page.

Obviously, the picture was taken before the third story was added to the main building.

I guess the same fate may have befallen the second story of Victoria House, with which I once had a passing interest.

Mervino
Posted By: iluvbelize

Re: San Pedro - 10/02/00 04:20 PM

Any word on the beachfront Boca Del Rio/Seven Seas Area? Flood-wise, damages?
Posted By: pcanaday

Re: San Pedro - 10/04/00 07:52 AM

Mary,
Woody is my father and we had heard Sunday that they had lost the tin roof (yes, it was a flat roof) on the 3rd floor, but your post sounds like they lost the whole floor. Who did you get the info from, and if you hear from them again we'd appreciate any more info regarding their well being as well as info on the grounds. Heard from Bonzo via Tim Jeffers that they had severe damage to the house and cabana. Thanks,
Phil
phil@pe.net
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board