AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Anonymous med school students - 10/02/00 06:09 PM
My boyfriend's sister is in med school in Belize. Her name is Anjanette Varnado. She is with 3 other students...their names are Justin, Shephen and Michelle.(there may be others). We have not heard from her since early yesterday. We are all very worried...any info would be great!
Thank you so much!
Kelsea
Posted By: Anonymous Re: med school students - 10/02/00 08:14 PM
Hi Kelsea! My name is Betty Towle. Justin is my son. I last spoke with him on Sunday morning around 7 am.

I spoke with the med school today around 10 am. There is a planned flyover around 2 pm CST to assess the damage. There is no planned evacuation that they are aware of. They will make plans after the flyover. The school did say that they would try to call me when they knew something.

Also, they gave me a website to check (www.stmatthews.edu) that they will update as they can.

Justin and Anjanette have been neighbors at Banana Beach and I met her last year and she is GREAT!

My # is (800) 937-3553 if you need to call me.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: med school students - 10/02/00 08:31 PM
Betty-
Thank you so much for your response. I gave your phone # to Anjanette's Mom...she is very worried, as is everyone else! Keep in touch and I will do the same. Thanks again!
Kelsea
Posted By: Anonymous Re: med school students - 10/02/00 08:37 PM
Hi Kelsea!
Thanks for the update. You are the greatest.

G
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board