AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Steels and TMM, San Pedro

Posted By: Anonymous

Steels and TMM, San Pedro - 10/03/00 02:42 AM

This is Barney from TMM in Tortola.
I have been able to speak to 2 of our boats with charter guests aboard who are down near Porto Stuck. The vessels are Mayan Mystress and Kat Kan Du. Both boats and all the people are fine and rode out the storm there. They have been able to speak to Paul and Nathalee at the TMM base in San Pedro on VHF and they and their family and Rick and Rose Bevan are all fine. The limited information that I received from them via the boats was that San Pedro was a mess. I am able to speak to these people via cell phone and they in turn are able to talk to people in San Pedro via VHF only. As I obtain more information I will post it here.
Posted By: Christopher

Re: Steels and TMM, San Pedro - 10/03/00 02:45 AM

Great news to hear that Paul and Natalie are doing OK! Wish we had a VHF station on Caye Caulker, but MO on the HAM is doing a job over there! I hope some can continue to supply him with batteries to continue broadcasting about the state of the caye.
thank god no one was killed or seriously injured!
It also sounds like there is enough food for a few days as one of the local food markets is still fine.
PS...To be honest, I think you should change that FROWNIN face to a SMILEY face considering that the news about them is GOOD!
chris

[This message has been edited by Christopher (edited 10-02-2000).]
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board