AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First FYI Aguada Hotel - 02/09/03 08:29 PM
FYI from readers regarding Paradise Villas (and also Aguada Hotel in Cayo).

--Lan Sluder
www.belizefirst.com

>>

Just returned from a 12 day trip to Belize (Ambergris Caye and Cayo
district). Wanted to write and tell you how much help you were in assisting us in planning our trip. EVERYTHING went well. It was a
wonderful trip and we had a great time. We had to come back home (Oregon and St. Louis) to rest!!! We stayed at PARADISE VILLAS on Ambergris Caye (Caye Management, unit 22B) and it was VERY nice. The grounds are lovely and I will be happy to recommend it to anyone. It was one of three choices we were contemplating prior to booking and as it turns out we were so happy with that choice. Another of our choices was Coral Bay Villas (nice complex but not as nice location) and Belizean Shores (way too far up north). We loved being close to town and the grocery stores and restaurants. The golf carts were a blast. In Cayo we stayed at AGUADA HOTEL. Can't say enough about that place. Bill and Kathy were WONDERFUL. Lenny was so helpful and although the rooms are not luxurious, they are totally adequate for all needs. Who spends time in the room anyway. The food in the restaurant was the best in Cayo!!! The mainland part of our vacation wore us out. They kept us hopping. Did Caracol, the Ultimate Jungle Experience and Tikal, as well as cave tubing at Jaguar Paw. The local pet monkey wrapped herself around our necks and it was wonderful. Lynn Wagoner, Portland, Oregon, November 2002

... My name is Lana Spillane, and I just returned from a trip to Belize with Carol Lynn Wagoner. I feel even more needs to be said about Lenny Wragg and the AGUADA HOTEL. Bill Butcher, the owner, asked for feedback on every trip we took. Lenny followed up on every trip. All of the guides obtained for us by Lenny were fantastic. We went into Guatemala, to Tikal, and we felt completely safe with our guide, Caesar. Unlike Lynn, I refuse to say the jungle trips wore me out! I love to hike, and even though the Ultimate Jungle experience lasted too long into the night due to the truck getting stuck in the mud, it was still worth it. My husband did not go with us on this trip, but since I loved Belize so much and now realize all of the trips I did not get to take this time, I am planning a trip in the near future with him. I just hope the Aguada does not get so popular that there will be no room for me when I get back there again! Like Lynn said, Unit 22B of PARADISE VILLAS, handled by Caye Management, was fantastic. Clean, air-conditioned, with a wonderful breeze, close to everything! I also highly recommend that. Lana Spillane, St. Louis, November 2002
Posted By: nameste Re: FYI Aguada Hotel - 02/16/03 07:46 PM
I'm staying at the Aguada Hotel in March and I was so happy to read your experience there since I've prearranged different activities including Tikal and knowing that you had a great time just makes me more excited about the whole adventure! smile
Posted By: NYgal Re: FYI Aguada Hotel - 02/18/03 04:13 PM
We stayed at the Aguada and what a perfect find. I saw it on the internet a few years ago and was hoping it would be a good spot to stay and it was. Small room, wonderful food, great hosts and extremely helpful on the internet prior to our arrival.
Perfect for what we wanted.
We had a car that trip and they helped us with directions to wherever we wanted to go.
Thanks Aguada. smile
Posted By: snowbird Re: FYI Aguada Hotel - 02/18/03 04:51 PM
I agree w/NYGal - we stayed last year for 2 nights. Wonderful, friendly hosts and all very helpful w/any ? we had. We had a car also but we did a trip to Tikal w/their guidance that was great!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board