AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: fuzzy_navel Shoes for inland portion of trip? - 08/13/04 05:10 PM
Hi Everyone! Ok, I know flip flops are standard for the AC portion of our trip laugh , but what type of shoes should we bring for the inland portion? I've heard hiking boots, Keens (sp?), Tevas, or standard tennis shoes. We will be doing the ATM tour as well as a tour to Xunantunich. We will also be overnighting in Tikal. Hiking boots sound great but a bit heavy for the ATM tour (and I'm trying to keep everything as light as possible). Any suggestions, input, or experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again! ~Jenn
Posted By: njmichael Re: Shoes for inland portion of trip? - 08/13/04 05:52 PM
If you have a good sturdy pair of sandals you don't really need shoes or boots. I have leather sandals and they did just fine climbing the ruins at Xunantunich and Lamanai, and I'll be wearing them at Tikal next month.
Posted By: Djean Re: Shoes for inland portion of trip? - 08/13/04 07:16 PM
A good pair of tennis shoes would do judt fine for any inland tour at the moment.

This is because the earth is so dry at the moment.

In the rainy season it will be different.

Fuzzy, I had sent you an e-mail about the school supplies you promised us for Dangriga did you get it?

Djean
Posted By: gbmadison Re: Shoes for inland portion of trip? - 08/14/04 03:08 AM
Hi Jenn. Good question. Everyone has good points, here and in past posts on the subject. Leather not the greatest in cave pools though I read that some guides rent footwear for a few $, keeping your hiking boots from taking days to dry. We made our choice a few months ago. My wife and I both picked up Keens and love them. Very comfortable,dead on secure, and fun shoe. This is what they are made to do. Well worth at least a look see. Tikal, Cayo, AC, we`re right behind you. Let us know how it went.
Posted By: captjeff Re: Shoes for inland portion of trip? - 08/14/04 04:47 PM
djean contact me [email protected] I go to belize each month would love to help with school ,things etc.any way to help.. love kids and the nice folks.only have been to belize city and sanpedro,but will help all and would like to see your area in belize ..
Posted By: fuzzy_navel Re: Shoes for inland portion of trip? - 08/16/04 12:45 PM
Thanks everyone for the advice! It's really appreciated.

Djean - I did receive your email. I've stocked up on quite a bit of school supplies. I think I'm going to have to mail them to you instead of bringing them in November when we come down though. I'll send you an email when we mail them out.

gbmadison - We're going down in November so you might get there before us. Either way I'll defintely let you know how our trip went. I'm planning to take a journal with me so I don't forget anything. Everyone has been so helpful here, the least I can do is provide a trip report and photos when I return.

Thanks again! ~Jenn
Posted By: Islenutt Re: Shoes for inland portion of trip? - 08/18/04 05:55 AM
Also look at Soloman Tech Amphib's. Mine have been great for all sorts of adventures. They are great in water and have really good traction for slippery surfaces.
Have a great trip.
smile
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board