AmbergrisCaye.com Home
NEW SHUTTLE SERVICE FROM YUCATAN TO SAN IGNACIO: Cahal Pech Village, a hotel in San Ignacio, is now offering shuttle transfers from the Yucatan in Mexico to San Ignacio and elsewhere in Belize. Due to the lack of air service from the Yucatan to Belize, and the difficulty in renting a car that can be taken into Belize, a shuttle can be a good option for those who don't want to take a bus. Transfer in an air-conditioned vehicle from Cancun to San Ignacio for 1 to 4 persons is US$275; from Playa del Carmen, US$225, and from Chetumal, US$150. Note that these are for up to four persons, not per-person. By bus (ADO and Novelo's) from Cancun to San Ignacio takes approximately 11-14 hours and costs about US$30 per person, depending on the type of bus. Separately, the Linea Dorada bus also runs from Chetumal to Flores, Guatemala, via Belize City; fares per person are about US$35 from Chetumal and US$20 from Belize City. Reservations for the Cahal Pech service must be made in advance. For information, call + 501-824-2225 or e-mail Lenny Wragg at [email protected]. Cahal Pech Village also offers a shuttle from the Belize City airports and the Marine Terminal to San Ignacio for US$50 for 1 to 3 persons.

I have no connection with Cahal Pech Village, except that I've met Lenny a time or two when he was at the Aguada, but I thought I'd post this info since so many people ask about transportation from the Yucatan.

--Lan Sluder
www.belizefirst.com
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board