AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: spl hotels in cayo - 08/27/05 11:11 AM
Does anyone have recommendations for hotels in cayo not exceeding, not exceeding $125/night?

Has anyone stayed at the Four Sisters Lodge?
Posted By: Beliglen Re: hotels in cayo - 08/27/05 01:13 PM
The San Ignacio Resort Hotel is great! 5 minutes from Cahal Pech Mayan Ruins. They have good food, a pool, close to the river, and The Stork Club there often has live music. Nice people, highly recomended.
Posted By: Dallas Dave Re: hotels in cayo - 08/27/05 10:39 PM
Caesars Place is very comfortable. Right off the Western Highway, close to San Ignacio, but not too close. Reasonable rates, with family style meals with a cozy bar.
Posted By: Starry Re: hotels in cayo - 08/28/05 12:37 AM
Also in San Ignacio is Martha's which is just fine, inexpensive and right in the centre of town.
Posted By: Barbara K Re: hotels in cayo - 08/28/05 12:52 AM
The Aguada Hotel, Cahal Pech Village, Windy Hill, Log Cab Inns, Smith Family Farm, and many more. I have stayed at Five Sisters (and all these listed) and it is very nice. It is up in the Mt Pine Ridge and about 1 hr from San Igancio town. There are also lots of jungle lodges in and around San Ignacio. What are you looking for?
Posted By: spl Re: hotels in cayo - 08/28/05 02:29 AM
Barbara K, I am not sure if I want to be in/near San ignacio or in mt pine ridge. is there anything else out there, restraunts, etc? I do not know if it matters being out of San Ignacio as they offer all the day trips from Mt Pine Ridge.

Is there an advantage to being in San Ignacio?
and if I do want to stay at a jungle log, which ones do you recommend in san ignacio?
Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton Re: hotels in cayo - 08/28/05 02:46 AM
Five Sister's is amazing. Very affordable. Blancaneaux is a bit more pricey but equally as nice.

SIN
Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton Re: hotels in cayo - 08/28/05 02:47 AM
One of the best jungle experiences: Chaa Creek Jungle Camp.
Posted By: spl Re: hotels in cayo - 08/28/05 09:20 PM
Thank you for your help. I received an email from them that it is 1 hour from san ignacio, and I assume since we are doing day trips, we would not go into San Ignacio if we stay at Five Sister's. Is there a reason to stay there and miss out on San Ignacio? Is there anything in Mt Pine ridge area...thanks again.
Posted By: Barbara K Re: hotels in cayo - 08/29/05 05:11 PM
The Mt Pine Ridge is full of waterfalls and swimming holes. Nice scenery. Closest hotels to Caracol ruins. There are really no restaurants other than the 4 hotels in the area. If you want to go to other restaurants, hotels, etc you would need to have your own vehicle as there is no taxi service and places are too far from one another to walk. Very nice area but it depends on what you are looking for.
San Ignacio town has lots of restaurants, shops, crafts, etc. all within walking distance from each other. Typical small town stuff. Lots of inexpensive hotels from $15/nt and up. 2 rivers frame the town so there is canoeing, swimming, river activites available right in town. Tours to the ruins, caves, etc are available and cheapest from in town tour shops. Small villages just outside of town also have small lodges usually on the river and usually cheaper than the bigger more well known jungle lodges.
The bigger jungle lodges are on the outskirts of town either in the Pine Ridge or along the rivers for the most part. All are nice but different in location, price and amenities. duPlooys, Chaa Creek (over your price range except for the "camp" part), Black Rock Lodge, Crystal Paradise are all along the Macal River. Smaller places like Cohune Plams, Iguana Junction & Parrot's Nest are along thr Mopan River. I have been to all and have lots of photos on my photos site at http://photos.yahoo.com/barbsbelize
Feel free to ask me for more detailed info. I would say it depends on what you are interested in doing, seeing and type of atmosphere you like. Some places are more upscale feeling, some are more local feeling, some are closer to ruins, some closer to caves, etc.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board