AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: madrigal bus from chetumal to melchor? - 10/06/05 02:14 AM
I'm trying to bus from Cancun to Benque on a Sunday, via Melchor if possible. Anyone know if there are buses from Chetumal to Melchor, and where I might find a schedule?

I'd also welcome suggestions for affordable accomodations in Chetumal that would be relatively safe for a girl traveling alone.
Posted By: Wendy Re: bus from chetumal to melchor? - 10/06/05 03:40 AM
I have stayed at the Hotel Ucum in Chet. It is in the centre of town, near the market. You would need a taxi from the bus depot but they are very inexpensive. The hotel isn't fancy but I certainly felt safe. $25 US smile
Posted By: SimonB Re: bus from chetumal to melchor? - 10/06/05 05:48 AM
It depends on when you arrive in Cancun but you'll probably need to spend the night in Chetumal. You can get there by bus for around $25US. You can then bus to Belize City, change buses and head for Benque.

We recently stayed at Hotel Marlon in Chet for the same price as noted above, decent value and close to food and clubs and about 10 minutes taxi from the bus station.

Look up ADO bus schedules at http://www.adogl.com.mx/home.asp?acc=refresh

I don't have a source for the Belize schedule. I think you pretty much just have to show up and take what you get.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board