AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: newyork75 Activities in San Ignacio - 08/07/06 11:28 PM
I wanted to ask the group what activities would you do in San Ignacio and which vendors would you use. I am particularly interested in cave tubing or cave kayaking, horseback riding, or a zip line.
Posted By: Laguna Punta Re: Activities in San Ignacio - 08/08/06 12:54 PM
Eva's Resturant on Burns Street is a popular hub for meeting and planning activities in Cayo. Bob,the owner of Eva's, is knowledgable and helpful. Many of the guides hang around looking for trips. The problem will be what to do, than how to do. Many of the hotels also maintain guides or arrange activities.
Posted By: beachboy Re: Activities in San Ignacio - 08/11/06 02:28 PM
newyork 75

Loads of things to do and see in SI. Very quiet at the moment though.

You should be able to get some good deals.

If you want specifics get back to me.
Posted By: snorkelgirl Re: Activities in San Ignacio - 08/17/06 06:02 PM
Not too far from San Ignacio is Cahal Pech, a Mayan site. We enjoyed this very much.

We also went to market day (Saturday I think) and walked around looking at the products and chatting with the vendors. It's not a thrilling escapade, but a fine way to learn culture and see something different.
Posted By: klcman Re: Activities in San Ignacio - 08/17/06 09:40 PM
There is, or was ( and I'm sure someone will correct me if wrong wink , a midweek market as well - Wednesdays. Exploring local markets is always a fun activity.
Posted By: Grace Re: Activities in San Ignacio - 08/22/06 12:26 AM
Call Chaa Creek...Ask for ..oh hell, look at their website....they are very open with their vendors.........
Posted By: Barbara K Re: Activities in San Ignacio - 08/22/06 03:57 PM
try www.belizex.com for good Cayo info. Yes, markets on Weds & Sat in SI town.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board