AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: jrasmussen Cave Tubing - 02/13/01 06:16 AM
I will be in Belize later this month and want to take a cave tubing trip. Can you do this in one day and still get back to AC? What trip is the best?

Thanks,
-jeff
Posted By: Cinca Re: Cave Tubing - 02/13/01 08:43 AM
Inland tours would be less expensive and more convenient from San Ignacio, therefore enjoying your time longer without the hurry to get back onto AC!
Posted By: barefoot Re: Cave Tubing - 02/13/01 03:50 PM
Jr,

You can do cave tubing from AC. Email me at [email protected] and I can give you more information.

Dawn
Barefoot Watersports www.barefootwatersports.net
Posted By: Big Frank Re: Cave Tubing - 02/13/01 04:52 PM
I did the Blue Creek Cave trip from Placencia and it was a long day. I would say that should be an overnighter unless you fly and land close to the caves--Not Dandriga or Placencia. An arduous day, but worth it.
The Maya think that the cave is the entrance to Xibalba, The Underworld. Yes, I was skeered! We floated out the underground river. Also saw Num Li Punit ruins--very cool but between the two, a lot of windshield time.
Posted By: Rubba Re: Cave Tubing - 02/13/01 11:47 PM
Jeff...
Yes you can, and it's unforgettable! We went last year with Maurice Bernard 011-501-2-31153, and I couldnt recommend anyone better. We actually did a combo of the Belize Zoo and cave tubing in one day, and still made it back before nightfall. In a word... awesome. We're definitely gonna do it again in a few weeks when we return. If you have a tough time contacting Maurice, Im sure most of the tour companies in San Pedro would be happy to help you. Good luck!!!
Posted By: Marty Re: Cave Tubing - 02/14/01 03:50 AM
Here's a couple links from BelizeSearch.com
www.belizex.com/davidstours.htm - David's Adventure Tours- Barton Creek Cave Tour from San Ignacio.
http://www.cavesbranch.com - Ian Anderson's CAVES BRANCH Jungle Lodge</A> - is centered in the privately owned 58,000 acre Caves Branch Estate beneath the 100 foot rainforest canopy and along side the turquoise waters of the Caves Branch river where pristine jungle, wildlife and adventure surrounds you.
http://www.chriskuhar.com/belize - Belize 2000 - recent trip to Caves Branch- requires Flash plugin
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board