AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Between BC and Placencia

Posted By: SeaJay

Between BC and Placencia - 05/17/02 04:09 AM

Plans for our trip to Belize were going so well - renting a 4WD and head to the Mariposa for 6 days then to AC for 5 days. THEN I realized I had goofed on our arrival date (because of a 1AM flight). So now we have a day to fill on our way down to Placencia. We thought it would be a good idea to make it a leisurely drive and stay somewhere between BC and Placencia for that 1 night...taking in a couple sights along the way. We are considering Pooks Hill Lodge but are open for suggestions. We also considered some places in the Dangriga or Hopkins areas (Pals, Beaches and Dreams or Hopkins Inn). Some of those places are very reasonable in price but not sure if saving a few dollars would be worth it if we weren't happy. Anyone have any suggestions? Also....what sights are "don't miss" sights (Zoo, Cockcomb, Guanacaste, Blue Hole, etc.)?
Posted By: Kate

Re: Between BC and Placencia - 05/17/02 02:00 PM

I highly recommend Beaches and Dreams in Hopkins. It's a small (4 rooms) inn on a lovely stretch of beach south of town, and the food and hospitality are second to none. If you chose Mariposa then B&D is right up your alley.

As for tours - we loved Cockscomb - it's really close to Hopkins. There's a nice, easy walking trail to a waterfall and swimming hole, and if you continue on there is a more rigorous hike to Ben's Bluff with views that are unbelieveable.

And you will love Mariposa.
Posted By: hapihapi

Re: Between BC and Placencia - 05/17/02 02:22 PM

my husband and i will be at mariposa may 21-how about you
Posted By: SeaJay

Re: Between BC and Placencia - 05/17/02 04:08 PM

Hi Hapihapi - We won't be getting to Mariopsa until June 21. Guess we'll miss you by quite a bit (unless you're staying for a month). It would have been nice to be able to meet up and maybe do a few things together. Lucky you...you're time is almost here! We'd love to hear all about it when you get back. Have a WONDERFUL time!
Posted By: silkpainter

Re: Between BC and Placencia - 05/17/02 04:18 PM

Check out this site. I was on a little trip to Hopkins, Placencia and Punta Gorda a couple of weeks ago and found this place. I didn't stay there, but looked at the cabanas and property, right on the water, and very well maintained. http://www.lost-reef.com/
THey have a restaurant and bar right on the property also.
A note, be patient when emailing them because they dont have internet service on site, they have to go into Placencia for their email. The resort is located before you get to the Placencia penninsula.
--Silk www.caribbean-colors.com
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board