AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: hapihapi FRANKS CAYE - 05/09/02 12:04 AM
I SAW FRANKS CAYE WEBSITE, CAN'T GET THROUGH THOUGH. ARE THEY BACK IN BUSINESS AFTER THE HURRICANE? IT LOOKED LIKE A PLACE TO REALLY KICK BACK--PROBABLY FOR ONLY A COUPLE DAYS-PROBABLY GET BORING. LAN HAVE YOU BEEN THERE? I'M NEW TO THE BOARD BUT HAVE BEEN EAVESDROPPING FOR AWHILE NOW. LOVE IT!!!
Posted By: divein Re: FRANKS CAYE - 05/09/02 02:10 AM
Franks Caye is the home of Serenade Island Resort. I wrote a travel report about our last trip there which was about 3 months ago.
You may find it if you go back to the archives.

The 4.5 acre private island is located directly on top of the Belize Barrier Reef
on the Southern End.

They are open and in business. The only hurricane damage was that a few pilings on the dining room sank and made the floor a little uneven.

All cabana's are water front.

I and a few friends are visiting there a for their 5 day / 4 night dive package. Arriving may 21. Last trip was great, anticipaqte that this trip will be the same.

They have a small scuba operation on the island, Caribbean Divers. The manager / instructor's name is Mario.

They also have an operation in Placencia which is the jumping off spot for trips to the caye....Serenade Guest House on the sidewalk overlloking the caribbean.

I also had some communications problems and wound up calling by phone. It appears that they are experiencing modem problems.

Their e-mail is [email protected]
Phone is 501-523-3481

Lance McKenzie and Veronique Butty are the operators.
Posted By: trina Re: FRANKS CAYE - 05/09/02 02:28 AM
Hubby and I ate at the Serenade Guest House. They have a small restaurant upstairs; the balcony view is GREAT! Anyway, the food there was homeade and absolutely the best meal we had in Belize. We had fish one night, and chicken mole the next. I think we actually went three three nights in a row! Dont' miss it! You won't soon forget it! When we were there (two summers ago) they said they were starting up the caye resort. Nice to see that it's up and running.

[This message has been edited by trina (edited 05-08-2002).]
Posted By: hapihapi Re: FRANKS CAYE - 05/09/02 03:52 AM
thnaks for the info, can't wait to be there!!! my husband dives, but i can hardly stay afloat with a lifevest!! how is the snorkeling and fishing there?
Posted By: Richard Chambers Re: FRANKS CAYE - 05/10/02 12:58 AM
Does anyone know if Roy Garbutt still operates the little Palapa Bar next door to the Seranade Guest House? Wonder if the last storm took it out! Roy travelled with us to Punta Gorda and monkey river town in 2000.
Will beinterested in any news of that area as we are returning in June/July..Richard
Posted By: divein Re: FRANKS CAYE - 05/10/02 01:45 AM
Snorkeling is very good.

The palapa next to the guest house was wiped out by Iris. Plans are to put in a new one
eventually
Posted By: trina Re: FRANKS CAYE - 05/10/02 04:16 AM
From what I've read, most buildings without foundations (thatched roofs too) were wiped out during Iris. My favorite cafe, DeTatch was blown away too! Sigh.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board