AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: LorieDC Tobacco Caye - 04/10/03 09:04 PM
Hello,
I am new to this message board and am looking for any information/recommendations for Tobacco Caye? I am planning a trip for the Fall and it appears to be the best diving for the buck.

Can anyone give me any advice?
Thx in advance.
-lc
Posted By: mayatravel Re: Tobacco Caye - 04/10/03 09:19 PM
Love Andy Muha, Tobacco Caye Divers
[email protected]

Are you a seasoned diver? Ask about Shark Cave dive, really fabulous. I went with Andy and a couple of gurkha soldiers, who I was counting on to wrestle the big tiger shark that frequents the cave.

He has packages with hotels. Nicest hotel out there-TC Lodge, owned by Mark Bradley.
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: Tobacco Caye - 04/12/03 09:54 PM
thanks for the input on Tobacco Caye, mayatravel. I was looking at it, as well as a few other places. Does TC Lodge have a website?
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: Tobacco Caye - 04/12/03 09:57 PM
nevermind, found it, and it looks great. Thanks again!

http://www.tclodgebelize.com/
Posted By: Gaz Cooper Re: Tobacco Caye - 04/13/03 01:45 PM
Hey Darrel

Andys website is http://www.tobaccocayediving.com/

thanks

Gaz
Posted By: NYgal Re: Tobacco Caye - 04/13/03 02:18 PM
Tobacco Caye is great. We have stayed there a couple times. Once at Reefs End Lodge and one time at Ocean's Edge. Liked them both and both are pictured in that website offered by Gaz.

The caye is small and intimate. The people are the greatest.

We only snorkel, but watched as the divers prepared for their many trips out. They all stayed at the resort we were at, Oceans Edge and what wonderful conversation was to be found, at dinner. They were totally satisfied.

We also spent time talking with Mark and enjoying a refreshment at his Palapa.

We go there for R&R, snorkeling and you can walk to the reef in 5 minutes ! Truly an amazing place.

If top of the end luxury, in a resort, is what you are looking for, look elsewhere. Tobacco Caye is a vacation awaiting a bed at night. laugh
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: Tobacco Caye - 04/13/03 02:22 PM
thanks Gaz, the place has alot of appeal. Atoll diving, no pressure, and a guy named Andy. I've had great luck with DM's named Andy. Shark Cave looks very interesting.

NYGal, at times that is exactly what I am looking for, thanks!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board